10 Best Girls Running Shoes Reviewed
Finding the best pair of girls running shoes is often a difficult task. While some shoes are stylish they may not support you for longer runs. Others may cater to specific types such as stability and extra cushioning. When shopping for running shoes, it is best to focus on shoes that best fit the feet. Choose shoes based on construction, cushioning and form.
The right girls running shoes need to suit the foot shape of the individual. Flat, normal and high arched are the three different foot shapes. Checking the foot shape is essential in finding a comfortable running shoe. This is really important as it helps you get the support you need during a run.
1. Brooks PureFlow
The shoe has a nice bounce and this makes the midfoot to forefront transition easy and smooth. A unique feature of this collection is the outsole with the interconnected pod structure. This gives the shoe a natural rolling transition.
The transitions are quick for a shoe of this weight. The split in the toe further enhances this, as the toes can splay and dig in through the toe off powering through the transition. This is evident when climbing a hill or grade.
The running shoe offers comfort for daily training and responsiveness for speed. It has the ability to carry the runner for long distances.
Good value – average for a quality running shoe
- Great cushioning allows for natural running form.
- The shoe performs well at higher speeds.
- Alterations to the toe box has helped create more room and freedom.
- Soft lining for great in-shoe feel. The lace up closure provides a snug fit.
- Thick elastic laces are difficult to keep tied up.
- Shorter lifespan than other shoes in this category
2. Junior Asics Cumulus 17 GS Girl
The FluidRide Midsole is the latest midsole technology of Asics. This offers cushioning properties and ensures durability and weight reduction. The other new feature is the Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Cushioning System. This has helped in enhancing support as well as performance.
The improved cushioning system provides better shock absorption. The Trusstic System provides more support for your foot. It helps support the integrity of the shoe structure.
Good value for your money considering the quality
- Good support and stability for neutral pronators
- Efficient cushioning system
- The environment inside the shoe keeps its fresh and dry.
- Weighs too much compared to other shoes in this category
3. New Balance Lace
The shoe comes in an appealing design and combines mesh upper and suede, so that it is long lasting and breathable. The traction on the sole is of high quality. This means that you get a great grip for all kinds of surfaces.
It is built for ultimate comfort. No extra cushioning around the edges means that it reduces the chances of rubbing. This enables the runners to glide freely without any kind of distraction.
Affordable and great value for money
- It is certified to be breathable, comfortable and durable.
- Affordable and aesthetically pleasing
- Unusual wear on upper part of shoe. This can create problems further down the line.
4. Junior Saucony Cohesion Girls
The HRC Strobel Board supports the feet by providing more cushioning. The breathable mesh is anti-bacterial and prevents sweats and smells from permeating through the shoes.
The Non-Visible Grip System on the heel section provides more cushioning to the heel. The improved cushioning and shock absorption protect you from impact and prevents injuries to ankles. This is a practical running shoe with thoughtful features. It is suitable for indoor running too.
Good value for a solid running shoe
- Advanced features and technologies improve quality
- Good for neutral runners
- Regular and wide type available for different types of feet.
- Lightweight materials and highly breathable
- Poor cushioning in the forefoot area
- Due to stiffness, the flexibility of shoes is not adequate.
5. Asics Gel Cumulus 16 GS
The impact guidance system feature enhances the natural gait of the foot from heel strike to toe off. The seamless construction of the shoe reduces the potential for friction and irritation that are usually caused by traditional stitches.
The cushioning gel on the heels provides extra comfort. This makes it a stable running companion for girls. The reflective material is ideal for running during night.
Pricey for running shoes in its category
- Seamless construction
- Solid rubber outsole
- Anti-microbial properties for a cool, dry and healthy environment
- Even though the shoe has more cushioning the forefoot feels stiff. Heel counter is rigid.
- It is an expensive shoe in its category.
6. Adidas Originals ZX 700
The shoe preserves the retro look even as it maintains street ready details like reflective accents on the upper mesh and premium suede overlays. The shoes are an ideal choice for distance runners. The mesh lining provides soft feel and ventilation. The rubber outsole provides secure traction.
The comfortable fit and versatile sole make it an ideal choice for running. The TPU heel counter adds exceptional support to the feet.
More towards the middle of the expensive shoe range
- Good grip and flexibility
- Runners get the smooth run they desire.
- Look great on and off track
- Runs large
7. Asics Cumulus 18 GS Girl
The shoe system has a line going from heel to toe and this guides the gait movement during running. The insole can be removed if desired. The shoe never feels stiff and restrictive on any kind of surface.
The ComforDry Sockliner feature provides extra cushioning for your feet and anti-odur properties. The forefoot and heel gel cushioning systems absorb shock on impact.
Good value for money
- Well cushioned
- Breathable not porous. This prevents dirt and dust from getting inside the shoe.
- Well designed for the long haul
- Solid rubber outsole for durable traction on any surface
- Toe box is tight.
- Forefoot not ideal for long runs.
8. Nike Air Pegasus Zoom 33
The upper of the Pegasus Zoom 33 is comfortable. The shoe is versatile and feels light on the foot. The shoe can be used for both distance and speed running. This includes slow, fast, long distance running and even races.
The shoes are a perfect fit for girls who want a comfortable fit and responsive run. The midsole cushioning technology produce a responsive and spring like effect. This delivers propulsion during take-off. This enhances the stability of the shoes. The hard-wearing rubber makes the shoe more durable.
A little more expensive but it is worth it.
- Durable outsole and tough build quality
- Comfortable for any type of run
- Inner sleeve makes upper fit secure.
- Provides responsive, smooth and soft ride
- The weight is heavier compared to other shoes in the category.
9. Adidas Kanadia 8
With its non-marking outsole, this shoe make is suitable for indoor use too. With its lightweight and long lasting build, the Kanadia 8 is the perfect choice for mud, road or indoors. It is also good for hikes as it provides a breathable and supportive environment.
The multidirectional lugs on the traxion outsole gives runners complete control, even on uneven surfaces.
Good value, especially for a trail shoe
- Fun color options
- Made from high quality materials
- External heel counter provides great fit at the back of the foot
- Good for training and racing
- A bit expensive
- Not suitable for serious trial runners
10. Vivobarefoot Trail Freak Toggle
The Trail Freak Toggle delivers on all its promises for natural strides, speed and great impact absorption. As it is specifically designed for the outdoors the inner part is moisture resistant and is suitable for any type of weather condition.
The lightweight design with mesh laminate platform creates a perfect feel for ultra-comfort.
In the mid-range for running shoes.
- Lightweight and flexible
- Good grip on trails and off road
- Suitable for all types of weather
- Slippery on wet roads
- Takes time to adjust wearing them
As a girl’s feet are narrow, choose shoes that fit snugly around the heel but don’t feel too tight, as this can put pressure on the front. Lighter sole cushioning is ideal for a girl’s feet. This gives better release motion during a run.
In the past girls running shoes were smaller versions of the boys running shoes. Boys and girls have different shaped feet and what is suitable for boys are definitely not suitable for girls.