10 Best Patagonia Hats Tested
The headwear on our list of the 10 best Patagonia hats promises to keep your head feeling stylish and comfortable at the same time. With Patagonia being one of the top adventure brands in the industry, it’s not a surprise that all of the hats on this list are popular among runners and non-runners alike.
10 Best Patagonia Hats
1. P-6 Logo Trucker Snapback
The P-6 Trucker Snapback is made with the finest organic cotton material, specifically on the hat’s crown, bill and headband. This allows for a superior feel while you’re wearing this hat, and one that will not be irritating to the scalp in anyway.
The back of this hat features an adjustable snap closure, which allows you to fit this hat to your own unique head size. This provides you with a fitted and customized hat size that truly has your head’s shape in mind.
This hat is a classic within the Patagonia brand. For this reason, this hat is relatively expensive.
- Most people seem to agree that this hat is made with high quality materials
- This hat is known for being perfect for outdoor excursions and hiking
- The color of this hat is maintained even after frequent wear
- A few reviews claim that this hat is too big for a “normal” person’s head size
- The sides of the hat can sometimes rub against the ears, causing a bit of discomfort
- The color choices for this hat may be slightly darker than what the picture portrays
2. P6 Trucker Hat
This hat features a high-crown towards the top of the hat, providing plenty of room for the head along with that classic “trucker” style look.
The classic Patagonia logo for this hat is embroidered into it, so you know that there’s no risk of it falling off or deteriorating after only a short period of time.
This hat is moderately priced and should be affordable for most hat enthusiasts
- Fits well
- Affordably priced
- A small number of consumers claim that the stitching on this hat is not centered
- A small number of consumers also claim that the bill of this hat is not centered
3. P-6 LoPro Trucker Hat
Unlike a traditional trucker hat, this hat has a lower crown, which allows for an overall snugger fit when worn.
Another great feature of this hat is that it is made in the six-panel style. The six-paneled look is a wildly popular design for trucker hats, and this stylistic choice reinforces the hybrid design of this particular hat.
Depending on the style that you choose, this hat could either be considered moderately priced or incredibly expensive.
- This is truly a perfect hat for people with smaller heads
- People generally enjoy the hybrid style that this hat features
- Some consumers believe that this is the best hat they’ve ever purchased
- The bill and the hat’s dome are slightly different shades, which is not entirely clear from a photo
- May still be a bit too large for a woman’s head
- The bill of this hat makes it slightly difficult to wear sunglasses with it
4. Climb a Mountain Trucker Hat
The logo for this particular hat features a mountain range underneath of the Patagonia brand name, and was designed by an artist named Ryan Rhodes. Rhodes resides in Austin, Texas and also works for an artistic graphic design company called LAND.
The back rear of this hat is made with a breathable polyester mesh, so it will take a lot for your head to get sweaty while wearing it.
This hat is not too pricey and should be affordable for most people who are looking to purchase a quality hat.
- Keeps the sun out of your eyes effectively due to its large brim
- Good quality for the price that you’re paying
- Consumers say that this hat is lightweight
- Some users believe that this hat could have been priced at a better value
- A few believe that the quality of this hat could be improved
- May not be a good hat for people with smaller heads
5. Fitz Roy Bison Trucker Hat
This hat features an embroidered bison, and there is no “Patagonia” lettering on this particular model. Instead, the bison has been filled in with the classic Patagonia logo, and is supposed to represent adventurous freedom.
This hat only weighs .2 pounds, which means that it won’t be burdensome for your head during a run or any other type of activity.
This hat is priced right in the middle of being too expensive and being a bargain.
- Larger size
- Users love the bison patch
- The bill of this hat is too large for some consumers
Some would prefer if this hat was offered in a low crown fit
A few users say that the size differs, depending on what color you purchase
6. Pointed West Trucker Hat
Similar to Patagonia’s Climb a Mountain Trucker Hat, this logo for this hat was created by a born and raised California freelance artist by the name of Matthew Cater.
This hat features a mid-crown design for a smaller head, and this differs from many of the other hats on this list which feature high-crown or low-crown specifications.
This hat tends to be on the more expensive side than others that are on this list.
- Users like this color combinations
- Great for teens or young adults
- The color of the hat online may appear differently in person
- This hat only runs in one size, so finding a perfect fit may prove difficult
7. Wind Shield Beanie
This particular hat is made with a patented Power Grid fabric. This means that the material of this hat is extremely lightweight, breathable and efficient.
The Power Grid technology is lightweight, yet is able to provide warmth at the same time. Another feature of the Power Grid technology is compressibility, which helps to keep the ears and sides of the head warm while this hat is being worn.
In comparison to some of the other hats on this list, this hat is affordable and offers great technology for the price that you’re paying
- High tech design
- Great for windy days
- Could be more stylish
- The brim of this hat could be longer, to offer more shade
Even in its largest size, some consumers claim that this hat is too tight
8. Fitz Roy Crest
The interior of this hat has been designed with a fabric known as COOLMAX, which serves as a moisture repellent.
Due to the protective elements of this hat, it’s perfect for either a casual day of wear or a day that demands more adventurous and durable materials
This is an average price for a Patagonia hat.
- Snug fit
- Quality construction
- Users state it blows off of head easily on windy days
9. Shelled Synch Duckbill Cap
The entirety of this cap is made with a material known as DWR. DWR stands for Durable Water Repellent. Unlike the Water Shield Beanie, which features a water repellent interior, this cap offers water protection on the exterior of the cap to ensure that water does not penetrate the inside.
The brim of this hat is of the duckbill variety, which means that water is able to easily slide off of this cap in a similar way that a gutter is able to drain a roof. This feature, in combination to the DWR material, provides added enforcement to the hat’s already dry nature.
This hat is cheaper than many of the other hats that have been featured on this list. If you know that you are going to need a hat that’s been made for the elements, this is one that you should strongly consider.
- Fleece lining
- Water resistant
Only for cold weather
10. Shop Sticker Patch LoPro Trucker
This hat is Lo-Profile, meaning that it will be lower to the head than would a traditional trucker hat. It also features snap-closures towards the hat’s rear. Both of these features cause the hat to feel like it’s more of a customized fit, than would a traditional Patagonia trucker hat.
This hat’s logo features the original Patagonia artwork that started the brand off from the jump. When you wear this hat, you’ll know that it’s rooted in true Patagonia tradition.
This hat is affordable for almost any budget.
- Trucker hat style
- Comfortable fit
- Low price
- Stiffer than expected by users
This list has sought out the ten best Patagonia hats for your consideration. All of these hats will be able to offer you quality and consistency, while also integrating you into the legacy that is the Patagonia brand.