10 Best Running Skirts Reviewed
Current fashions are aligning with high performance workout wear. This makes it a lot easier to take a run and then literally run to the grocery store, your kid’s school or even the office without needing to change. Athletic clothes serve a fitness purpose and nowadays, they’re designed to be on-trend, too.
1. LuLulemon Skirt
The running skirt is made for running, first and foremost, but the design accommodates all occasions to include an outing to the park or a bite to eat downtown. The built-in liner has a nice grip at the hem, so it stays where it should even during the longest or most rugged run. Hidden pockets keep personal belongings safe and intact, and a cord exit helps headphones stay in place.
Added Lycra fibre gives a nice stretch while providing excellent shape retention and the medium rise means greater coverage and comfort. Basically this skirt means awesome appearance and excellent performance.
Lululemon gear can be a bit pricey, but in this case, the value is truly worth every penny.
- Excellent stretch and retention
- Hidden pockets for phone or keys with exit cord for headphones.
- Breezy top skirt for cool, go anywhere styling
- A bit expensive
2. Tasc Performance Rhythm Skirt
The inner shorts boast a back zipper media pocket with an exit cord to keep headphones in place. MOSOtesh shorts mean staying dry all day. After your run you can still participate in daily activities without feeling uncomfortable. It’s safe to say you won’t feel the residue of your workout at all!
Stylish, uniquely designed with high performance elements all at a reasonable price. Excellent value.
- Perfect blend of polyester and Lycre spandex for a great fit and great function
- 35% organic cotton
- Flattering wide waist band for all types of tummies
- Cute side ruching for a fun, flirty look
- A little on the pricey side
- May be considered slightly short for size “Tall”
3. The North Face Better Than Naked
Higher end, but the price matches the excellent quality.
The Long Haul makes fitness easier with a skirt equipped for ease and practicality. The wide waistband means no fussing with placement, and maximum storage allows for sunblock, cell phone and an exit cord.
Style isn’t sacrificed for function. Runners may not be distracted by their Better Than Naked Long Haul Skirt, but the skirt will definitely cause its share of distractions. The 13.5” running skirt with 3” inseam liner shorts is cute enough to wear beyond the scope of fitness. So comfortable and stylish it could easily become a favorite fashion piece as well as your best fitness wear.
Excellent price for the many elements that make this skirt not only high performance, but also high style!
- Flashdry feature for ultimate comfort
- Kangaroo back pocket with maximum storage
- Support 360-degree reflective logos
- Built-in compressive liner short
- Some claim size is not true; may run small
4. Skirt Sports Gym Girl Ultra
This running skirt proves that sportswear never has to look un-girly while taking fitness seriously.
A lovely silhouette with incredible function at a reasonable value. Now that’s what every girl wants!
- High tech fabric for performance
- 2 pocket design for additional storage
- Wide range of sizes and colors
- Pink may not be a true pink
- Slits on sides of skirt reveal short beneath
5. Sparkle Athletic Running Skirt
This skirt is extra fun for special events like holiday or other themed marathons and relays. You can’t be missed in this skirt, which also makes it a reasonable choice for safer city street runs.
It does double duty as a great fashion accessory. Match it to any type of top, from a sweatshirt, oversized sweater or simple tank and you’ve got an adorable look that translates flawlessly from street style to street run.
Don’t forget your shorts – this running skirt is sans under shorts. But for the price, it’s worth adding your own, or sleek leggings for a different look altogether.
- Excellent value for the reasonable price
- Festive, fun for special event runs and marathons
- Range of colors
- Shorts not attached.
6. Skirt Sports Lotta Breeze
With four pockets for storage, runners have plenty of room for necessities on their person. Get lost in the great outdoors and don’t forget your music - the built-in Sonic Music Port makes listening easy.
In this capris with its sleek skirt silhouette, feel free to drop the kids at school, grab a coffee, or check in at the office before you take off on your run. This fashionable set translates into on-trend style. You’ll look so great you may continue to feel surprised by the excellent performance aspect.
The skirt-legging combination is slightly expensive, but it’s truly a two-for-one: a perfect union of fashion and fitness. Always enjoy for the function and sometimes just for fun!
- Leggings transcend seasons and temperatures
- More coverage
- Wide range of sizes for all body types
- The Capris component may not be secure enough for some customers
- A bit pricey
7. Smartwool Corbet 120 Skirt
Every on-trend runner will fall in love with this skirt. Choose from fun colors like fuchsia pink, yellow, red, printed or more subdued hues like gray and black. We love that the front length is a perfect mini at 13” while the back provides additional coverage with 15” length. You’ll look fashionable sipping hot cocoa after a trail run in this stylish running skirt.
The price is a little high, but the value is worth it. This will definitely be a go-to piece for your fashion and fitness needs all season long, season after season.
- Thermoregulated for warmth with Smartloft wool
- Fashionably fitted with straight lines for a sleek silhouette
- Dual zippers for on/off ease
- Higher price
- May run big, review size chart
8. La Sportiva Andromeda Skirt
La Sportiva brings high tech to fitness gear and this skirt is no exception. For serious runners or those who just want to play in the sun, the Andromeda is an excellent choice.
Reasonably priced and great for all weather by either un-layering or adding a pair of leggings, it’s an awesome value.
- Light weight material with high tech features like body mapped ventilation and SPF 50
- Great color choices, range of sizes available
- Aesthetic that performs on and off the track
- No shorts or under attached garment
9. Pool Ultra Swift Skirt
A great buy for any fashionista who also demands performance.
Two Velcro enclosure pockets provide nice storage for cards, keys, lip balm or other personals. A third pocket on back makes a great place for music devices. It’s a perfect skirt for an afternoon run followed by an early dinner with friends – no change necessary!
The material is so breezy it’s easy to forget you’re wearing the skirt at all – even on long trail runs. It’s also easy to forget it’s a running skirt with its beautiful fashion appeal. It’s hard to decide which we love more: its look or its performance. While it can provide dual efficiency, it might very well become a favorite fashion accessory this spring for multiple events.
This quality skirt with its built-in shorts makes a great buy.
- Great price for quality wear
- Three pockets for additional storage
- Offered in pastel hues only
10. Nike Rival Running Skirt
The Nike Rival makes quite an entrance with its form-fitting great look, but let’s not forget what it can do to enhance your run. DRI-Fit technology in Nike fabric wicks away sweat and moisture to keep you focused on your fitness, never distracted by discomfort. The 4” inseam, built-in contrasting short provides a secure fit and cute contrast with this trend-on skirt.
A center back pocket with zipper offers storage with security. Take along your phone, keys or cash and never worry about loss. The focus needs to be the run. Between the DRI-Fit technology and secure pocketing, your thoughts will be on the trail, and nothing else.
Of course the design of the Nike Rival running skirt is flawless. We like that the drawstrings are adjustable, so that runners can show as much or as little of their contrasted short as they wish. For after-fitness activities, lowering the skirt below the short makes for a cute, everyday skirt. Throw on a sweater or tee-shirt and your performance running skirt just got some great street style.
The skirt is on the higher end cost-wise, but since it doubles as a fashion statement it’s worth it!
- Accessible, zippered pocket for added security
- Bright, fun hues
- Nike patented DRI-FIT technology to wick away sweat and moisture well
- Prices vary by color, and brighter hues lean toward expensive
Life is hectic and having workout apparel that translates into daily fashion means time and money savings. The latest running skirts are no exception, taking both fitness and style to a new level. The function and feel of running skirts is only matched by how great they look – for running and for running around.
The following best-of list will help you narrow down the search for the coolest, most athletic and aesthetic looks available right now.