10 Best Running Tank Tops Reviewed
If you’re looking to stay cool and breezy while you run, a tank top is a great option. In this list, we take a look at some of the best for both men and women. Read on and find which one will work best for you.
Brooks Ghost Racerback
This feels good and keeps you cool. The ventilation technology is great, with vented side seams and dri-layer fabric which wicks away moisture very effectively. It feels good on the skin and won’t chafe.
There seem to be no durability issues, and the quality is, as always with Brooks, very good. You can get this one in a few nice, vibrant colors choices.
Like most on this list, this isn’t the cheapest thing you’ll find, but it’s a top-quality piece of equipment at a reasonable price.
- Great ventilation and moisture-wicking
- Will keep you really cool
- Nice color choices
- Feels comfortable
- Less well-known and well-tested than some on this list
Nike Dry Miler
It’s a really comfortable choice with a mesh back and sweat-wicking technology. It’s really lightweight, it feels soft on the skin and it fits very well. The cut is good for keeping you cool, but isn’t too low to be distracting or uncomfortable. Overall, it has a great fit and comfy design.
Loads of top quality color choices with lots of great vivid designs. The fit is reliable and the quality is great. There seem to be no durability issues at all.
A little pricier than some on this list, though it is worth the cost.
- If you want a wide range of colors, this is a great choice.
- Good ventilation
- Feels soft on the skin
- The fit is very reliable.
- Nice sweat-wicking technology
- A little expensive
TCA Reversible Workout
The fit is not as good as some others on this list, and can feel a little baggy, so you might want to buy a smaller size than usual. Otherwise, this is a good buy. The ventilation is decent compared to most tank tops on the market and the moisture-wicking is good enough unless you’re particularly sweaty.
The durability of this one isn’t as good as some of the more expensive options, but considering the price of this one it will still give you a decent amount of wear for the cost. Otherwise, the quality is good and it’s a nice choice if you want something trusty but low-cost.
One of the cheapest on this list.
- Good price point
- Reversible design
- If you want something a little more basic, this is a great option.
- Doesn’t come with the flash, flair and reliability of some of the pricier options on this list, but that isn’t inherently a bad thing.
Adidas Training Keyhole
The Climalite design wicks away sweat to keep you cool, as well as the the open back and deep scoop neck. It’s better suited for those with a slim shape rather than an hourglass shape. It’s good and loose and the material doesn’t chafe in any way.
The fit can be a little bit off on occasion, and some don’t like how thin and loose the top is. Otherwise, the quality is very good, along with the durability.
It’s around an average price for this list.
- Very relaxed and comfortable fit
- Open-backed with a deep scoop neck for minimal coverage
- Nice pastel designs
- Really good for keeping cool
- The sizing is occasionally a little off.
- Some don’t like how loose the garment is.
Under Armour Tech
This dries very quickly, which is great for battling the sweatiest of runs. The sweat-wicking design is very effective and its breathable. If you’re keen to get something that feels soft and comfy on the skin, this is a great option.
Some reviewers had an issue with the fit of the tank top. Otherwise, this is of very good quality and the durability seems to be pretty good.
If you want something that’s a decent price point but good quality, this is a good choice.
- Decent price point
- Very soft and comfortable
- Excellent for combating sweat and keeping you cool
- Comes in a good selection of color choices.
- The sizing can be a little off occasionally.
- Some don’t like the fit
Adidas Performance Ultimate
This wicks sweat very well and the fit allows you to stay cool when you run. The fit is very good and works well with most body types. The material is quite thin, which is nice on a hot day and it dries very quickly.
A very small amount of users have found durability issues, but this seems to be pretty rare. The quality is otherwise very good.
It’s another average price for this list.
- Wicks sweat well
- Dries very quickly
- Nice fit, with cool material
- There are many colors to choose from.
- A few reviewers experienced durability issues.
Asics Essential Core
It has a slim fit, and the arm and neck holes are quite spacious, which is great for ventilation. There are no fancy gimmicks here, but it’s pretty lightweight material and will keep you fairly cool. The material is soft against the skin. This isn’t a dri-fit choice like some others on this list, but it will keep you much cooler than your average tank top.
The durability with this one is pretty good and won’t flare out like others do. It has a little bit of stretch, but retains its shape and doesn't become too baggy.
This is one of the slightly cheaper options here.
- Nice slim fit design
- Slightly cheaper than some others on this list
- Decent durability
- Good amount of stretch
- Spacious holes for the arms and neck
- The fit and feel is nice.
- Doesn’t have the dri-fit technology of some on this list
This is a very comfortable design, with flat stitches for extra comfort and good stretch. The fit is a little wide for some, so if you looking for something little more streamlined, this might not be for you. The design of the back keeps you cool.
Like most Saucony products, this has a decent shelf life, so it’ll keep you performing for a while. The sizes can occasionally be a little off, but this is otherwise of very good quality.
It’s slightly above average for this list, but only marginally so.
- The four-way stretch fabric is good.
- Lots of airiness for good breathability
- The color designs have a nice aesthetic.
- Built for flexibility and mobility
- Slightly more pricey than other top-quality options
- Sometimes the sizes can be a little off
New Balance Tempo Running
The cut is nice, and allows for mobility without being too loose. It feels good against the skin and the fabric doesn’t chafe or irritate. It doesn’t have the top-notch breathability of some others on this list, but it still does a better job than most tank tops on the market. Some people don’t like the cut of the neck, but it’s otherwise a very comfy addition to your running wardrobe.
The fit might be a little tight for some, so you might want to consider buying a size up. A few reviewers found some durability issues, but overall, the durability was good.
This has a decent price point, so if you’re looking for something good without spending too many bucks, this one is a good choice.
- Wicks moisture well.
- Good stretchy design.
- Good price point.
- Anti-microbial properties.
- Feels good against the skin.
- Can be a little tight for some.
- Some don’t like the cut of the neck.
- Doesn’t have the best breathability.
Salomon Trail Runner
This is comfortable and is good for hot weather runs. It combats heat and moisture well and will keep you cool. The neck might be a little tight for some, but it’s certainly not restrictive.
With Salomon, you know you’re getting a top-quality product with good technology. There have been no durability issues with reviewers, so like other Salomon products, you can expect this to last a long time.
This one is quite pricey.
- Cool and comfortable
- Good breathable, lightweight design
- The mesh design will keep you sweat-free.
- It’s a pricey option.
- The neck might be a little high for some runners.
So there we have it – the 10 best tank tops. Whether male or female, and whatever your budget, there’ll be something here to keep you cool, comfortable and on top of your game.