10 Best Weight Scales Reviewed
There are many different body weight scales available online, from basic digital models to comprehensive body composition machines. Runners need to monitor their weight and body composition to understand how they are improving. Most runners want to decrease their body fat and increase muscle. Many body weight scales are available to help runners keep tabs on their own health.
To help runners weight scale for their individual needs, we have compiled this list of the best weight scales available. Check out our list to find the best ones for runners.
1. Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale
The Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale features a digital screen that is easy to read from any position. The scale and handset are attached via a retractable cord for efficient storage. It is good at combining the traditional value of a scale with more accurate measures of your health.
The 90-day memory makes it easy to plot trends in your performance to see the overall benefits, not just the daily benefits. The scale and handset consistently produce accurate measurements so that users can accurately measure their improvements. The unit is lightweight and low profile while still supporting higher body weights.
Unlike other scales, this product provides additional ways to measure users’ health. Up to four different users can save profiles on the unit, allowing a family of four to improve their health together. It can be combined with other products to create an effective health management system.
- Measures body fat percentage, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism, visceral fat, body age, and weight
- Designed for heavy and tall adults up to 6.5 feet tall
- Consistently produces accurate results
- May not be accurate for serious athletes and bodybuilders due to high muscle mass
- Limited viewing ability for saved data
2. QardioBase SmartScale
The QardioBase features a minimalist design with few noticeable features to better blend in with other design elements in people’s homes. It features multiple measurement modes for different life events including pregnancy and the need for more in-depth body measurements.
The QardioBase uses wireless or Bluetooth to connect to your wireless device and track your progress. It's designed to recognize different users when they stand on the scale, so multiple users can use the same device without special setup processes. The accompanying app makes it easy for users to set goals and manage their health.
The QardioBase is an unobtrusive element of users’ healthcare management systems. It provides detailed feedback including multiple health metrics. Its design accommodates users’ needs including visually-impaired and pregnant users.
- Small and minimal design to not stand out amongst other furniture
- Easy to setup with a wireless device and the app
- Adjusts measurement parameters for different life conditions like pregnancy
- It's priced higher than other options
- Supported by a startup company so the design might need some improvement over time
- Potential issues with the software design may result in connectivity issues
3. Withings Body Cardio
The Withings Body Composition Wifi Scale connects to a smart device wirelessly and lets users track their performance with the accompanying app. It has a low profile for easy storage and recognizes multiple users so that an entire family can use it. It’s available in black and white for convenient color matching with other decor elements.
The app allows users to set long-term goals, map their progress and provides detailed feedback on measurements. The scale is highly accurate in different measurements. Because it runs on battery power, there is no need to charge it on a daily basis.
It provides an effective way to measure healthcare management performance for long-term healthcare goals. The additional measurements that it provides sets the Withings Body Composition Wifi Scale apart from other options. The reports generated by the scale and app are good at motivating users to continue their weight loss practices.
- It connects wirelessly with a smart device for easy management
- It runs on batteries and doesn’t need to be charged
- It produces consistent and accurate measurements
- It is priced higher in the range of scales
- The setup process can be time-consuming
- May have trouble syncing with some smart devices
4. Garmin Index SmartScale
This scale is user friendly, with a large display that's easy to read. The scale automatically recognizes up to 16 different users, so there's no need to switch user profiles. It even measures skeletal muscle mass.
One of the primary advantages of this weight scale is the ability to connect using a USB ANT. This helps runners without smartphones connect to their data and benefit from smart scales.
For runners without a smartphone, this smartscale is a great value. The addition of the USB-ANT means that runners can connect using their laptops.
- Trusted brand
- Alternative connectivity options through USB ANT
- Only tracks one weight per day
- More expensive than others
- Software less popular than scale itself
5. Koogeek S1 Smart Health Scale
This weight scale tracks weight, BMI, basal metabolic rate and visceral fat percentage, among other health measurements. It allows for 16 different users and comes with a free fitness smartphone app.
Using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, this scale automatically syncs health data to the app. The app encourages health goal setting. There is even a feature to weigh babies.
This weight scale offers a tremendous amount of value. It's on the affordable end of scales that connect wirelessly.
- Beautiful design
- Free smartphone app
- Ability to weigh babies
- It's a newer scale, so resources for it are still being developed
- May not be accurate, depending on where you place it
6. Tanita BC-534 InnerScan Body Composition Monitor
This weight scale offers two modes: standard and athlete. This allows the scale to more accurately measure key body measurements, including metabolic age, bone mass, body water percentage, and more.
This weight scale comes with a PD-727 3-Axes activity monitor that works with an accelerometer. This tracking device works with your scale to track runner health.
This scale is a great value. It's moderately priced, considering what it tracks. It even comes with a separate activity tracking device.
- Affordable and full-featured
- Comes with a tracking monitor
- Advanced measurements, such as metabolic age
- May offer more features than needed
- More expensive than simple models
7. iHealth Core Wireless Body Composition Scale
This scale offers comprehensive readings runners want, including BMI, daily calories, and visceral fat readings. It accommodates individuals up to 400 pounds. It's easy to set up and involves scanning a QR code.
This scale uses bio impedance technology to improve the accuracy of scale readings. It supports up to 10 different users and can store up to 200 readings.
This weight scale is among the more expensive models on this list. Considering the different types of readings it offers and its accuracy, many runners will find this scale worth the price.
- Up to 10 user profiles
- Beautiful, clean design
- More expensive than other models
- Doesn't automatically pair with smartphones; set up is required
8. Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
This weight scale is from the makers of Fitbit, so it integrates well with the Fitbit app many runners already use. It syncs data for up to eight different users and is water resistant, so it won't get damaged in the bathroom.
With Wi-Fi, this scale automatically syncs data to the Fitbit dashboard. It tracks weight, BMI, lean mass and body fat percentages.
For runners who use Fitbit already, this scale offers a lot of value, as it will sync with Fitbit trackers. Runners won't have to keep track of yet another app. It's a little more expensive than comparable models. For runners who don't already use Fitbit products, this wouldn't be as valuable.
- Small and easy to store
- Extremely popular scale
- Integrates with Fitbit products
- May be difficult to set up, compared to other scales
- Must be used on a hard and flat surface
- Less accurate than other scales in this price range
9. Health o Meter Nuyu Wireless Scale
This scale offers many of the in-demand features runners want at a lower price tag. It has wireless and Bluetooth features that automatically send health measurements to an app. This scale can weigh individuals up to 400 pounds.
This weight scale offers a disappearing display, so it conserves battery power and looks more attractive when stored. It's ready to use when it's out of the box. It keeps track of user BMIs.
Considering the features offered, this weight scale offers a tremendous amount of value. It's affordable and can weigh a tremendous amount of weight.
- Autopairing feature to limit tech difficulties
- Can weigh up to 400 pounds
- Some users don't like the smartphone app
- No options for manual pairing
10. Runtastic Libra Bluetooth Smart Scale
This weight scale details all of the key health metrics runners want to track. It includes the standard BMI and water content that comparable scales offer. However, this weight scale determines bone and tissue mass, too.
This scale automatically transfers health data from the weight scale to a smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth technology. It works with the scale's own app, so runners who want to sync with different apps may not be able to.
This scale is more expensive than many of the other weight scales on this list. However, it does offer more comprehensive readings than a traditional weight scale. For runners who want the additional measurements, this scale offers great value.
- Beautiful looking scale
- Comprehensive health monitoring, including bone density readings
- Track weight on smartphone, automatically
- More expensive than other models
- May not work with the latest smartphone models
- Must use scale app, as it doesn't connect with other apps
The included weight scale features depends on the scale chosen. More expensive scales typically offer more advanced features, such as integrated fitness tracking and the ability to connect to your smartphone. For runners who are very serious about improving their health, these features make sense to invest in.