Best Recovery Drinks for Runners Reviewed
Browse through our selection of best recovery drinks for runners and find out why or if each of these products make their worth right here in this review.
As an avid runner, your body goes through a lot of stress and uses up a lot of its energy. While this might sound bad at first, it’s a simple fact that you have to deal with as a runner. And, for that matter, it’s something that everyone has to deal with when taking part in intensive and strenuous exercises. There’s nothing at all wrong with this, but it is something important that you need to keep in mind.
There are tons of different options out there, and finding the best recovery drinks for runners can often prove to be a bit of a challenge. We’re well aware of this issue facing runners looking to get recovery drinks for themselves, so we’ve created a list of the top 10 best recovery drinks for runners out there. There are the best of the best you’re going to find, so let’s go ahead and take a look at what the market has to offer.
10. Legion Recharge
- Contains nothing but natural and healthy ingredients so you can rest easy knowing that you’re only putting the best possible substances into your body that you work so hard at maintaining.
- Some of the most notable ingredients for Legion Recharge include creatine monohydrate, l-carnitine and l-tartrate, corosolic acid, and naturally sweetened flavors.
- If you don’t completely love Legion Recharge, the company gives you 60-days to return the item for a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Lass around 4 to 6 weeks depending on how often you drink it.
- Has a great taste!
- Gassy side effect
9. Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator
- Ingredients are entirely plant-based, ensuring that you’re getting some of the best and most natural ingredients possible.
- 4:1 carb-to-protein ratio allows your muscles to effectively replenish glycogen more quickly and effectively than other brands.
- Total of 23 ingredients to help increase the effectiveness of your post-workout recovery.
- Vegan, glute, dairy, and soy-free.
- Although the ingredients are plant-based, they are not organic or products of whole food.
8. Hammer Recoverite
- Helps to reduce the overalls soreness that your muscles feel after a good workout or running session.
- Thanks to the why protein base, Hammer Recoverite is incredibly easy to digest. This isn’t something that every post-workout recovery drink can say, so that’s definitely a nice addition to have.
- 3:1 carbohydrate-to-protein ratio for some of the most enhanced recovery out there.
- Quite expensive
7. First Endurance Ultragen Recovery Drink
- First Endurance’s Ultragen Recovery Drink comes with 0 grams of carbohydrates or fat.
- After an extremely difficult run, the formula First Endurance has crafted has proven to be extremely effective for breathing new life into muscles that are completely worn out and exhausted.
- If you want to get yourself back to running as fast as possible and don’t want to have to wait around too long for your body to full recovery, this is one of the best solutions out there for speeding up that recovery process as much as possible.
- Some aren't too crazy about the taste
6. Powerbar Ironman Restore Beverage System
- The mix that Powerbar has created does a great job at encouraging the amount of fluids that you’ll want to consume. This helps to promote fueling your body with the fluids that it needs, and is a great feature to have.
- Improves your overall hydration levels when running on particularly hot and humid days.
- Allows your muscles to recovery quicker and more efficiently to ensure that they’re always in the best shape and condition possible.
- Not made with only natural ingredients
5. Optimum Nutrition
- Thanks to the 2:1 carbohydrate-to-protein ratio, your muscles will be able to regain the fuel they lost during your run at an incredibly fast and rapid pace.
- GMP certified to ensure that you’re only getting the best of the best possible ingredients.
- Very good taste when compared to the competition.
- Extremely competitive price.
- Because of the clumpy nature of the mix, it’s a bit difficult to mix with a regular spoon.
4. Mike’s Mix Recovery Drink
- Mike’s Mix uses all natural ingredients, so you aren’t dealing with any artificial sweeteners or colors, heavy metals, preservatives, or harmful additives.
- Super easy to mix with your favorite drink.
- Extremely great taste.
- Features an exceptional amount of quality whey protein that allows for extremely efficient recovery of muscles within your body.
- When mixing with water, Mike’s Mix has a tendency to clump up quite a bit.
3. Gatorade Recover Protein Shake
- Gatorade provides 20 grams of protein for every serving of this shake that you have, so you can rest easy knowing that you’re filling up your body with a healthy dose of the stuff every time you drink a bottle.
- The shake itself is already made up for you, so you don’t have to worry about mixing powder or anything like that like you have to do with many other options on this list.
- Some of the best taste out there that you’re going to find for a recovery drink for runners.
- While the majority of users of Gatorade’s Recovery Protein Shake love the flavor that it brings to the table, some users have complained that the taste is far too sweet for them.
2. TRIFUEL Endurance and Recovery Drink
- TRIFUEL is the official drink of the Triathlon, so you can ensure that you’re getting a high-quality product from a very reputable brand.
- All five of the electrolytes in your body will be replenished with this drink, resulting in you feeling more energized than ever.
- In an effort to speed up the overall recovery process, the TRIFUEL Endurance and Recovery Drink is packed with amino acids.
- If you’re on the hunt for gaining the best performance that your body is capable of, TRIFUEL won’t let you down.
- This is by far from the tastiest recovery drink that you’re going to find, but it certainly is palatable.
1. Melissa’s Mix Recovery Drink for Women
- The serving sizes included for Melissa’s Mix are specifically designed to be the most effective for a woman’s body.
- Greatly reduces the amount of stress and pain your muscles feel after an especially intense run.
- Extremely great taste.
- All natural ingredients and nothing more.
- Super easy to blend when put in a shaker type of bottle.
- As effective as this product is, it may not be suited for extremely intense running sessions.
Since so much energy is used by your body after a long and intensive running session, you need to be sure that you’re refueling your body with the stuff that it needs to energize yourself once again after an especially long session. While not every run will require that you do this, ones that require you to work your body extra hard most definitely will.
So, with that being the case, just how can you go about ensuring that you’re keeping your body in the best condition possible after an especially difficult run? While there are many different ways to go about this, one of the most effective ones is by using recovery drinks. Recovery drinks have long been one of the most popular products for runners, as it helps to deliver your body with the nutrients and energy it needs after your most intensive runs.