Best 10 Salt Tablets for Running Tested
Hydration is crucial for a runner, especially those going for endurance. Take a look at our guide on the best salt tablets for running & endurance here!
As a runner, you’re well aware of the fact that you need to ensure your body is in tiptop shape at all times. Running is one of the most beneficial activities you can take part in, but you’ll only get all of the benefits that come along with it if you’re taking care of your body in the proper manner.
We’ve done some research and compiled a list of the top 10 best salt tablets for running. If you’re a runner and are looking to get some salt tablets for an intensive run you’ve got coming up, do yourself a favor and get one of the ones that’s on this list. While there are certainly other options out there, the ones you’re going to find here are the best of the best.
Best 10 Salt Tablets for Running
1. Medique Medi-Lyte
- Free of any sugar or lactose.
- Helps to drastically replenish electrolytes that are lost while running.
- During hot weather, Medique Medi-Lyte is one of the best solutions out there for relieving stress that’s created from the hot temps.
- These pills need to be taken quite frequently by some people in order to get the desired results
- Depending on how much you use LyteShow, it should last you between 2 or 6 weeks.
- Doesn’t contain any sweeteners, calories, sugars, etc. This product is focused on boosting your overall health while running, and it excels at that.
- An overwhelming amount of reviews for LyteShow have raved about just how well this product works in reducing muscle cramp, relieving dehydration, and more.
- LyteShow doesn’t provide your water with a fun or tasty flavor, so if that’s something you’re on the hunt for, it may not be for you
3. Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes
- Hammer offers some of the best prevention against cramps that you’re going to find on this list.
- Although the main focus for these pills is on running, they can be used for a wide variety of activities.
- These are better for average runs
4. Carbo Pro Thermolyte MetaSalt
- Similar to other salt tablets out there, the MetaSalt ones help to reduce the irritating effects that come along with intensive running. This includes muscle cramps, heat fatigue, etc. And, the MetaSalt tablets appear to do a pretty solid job with all of its claims!
- The actual cost here could prove to be a bit of an issue. Since you need to take 2 tablets each time, you really only have 50 servings
5. Thermotabs Salt Supplement
- Aims to reduce your muscle cramps, stop frequent fatigue you might feel during running, and helps to protect you against intensive heat.
- Additionally, the Thermotabs help to reduce dehydration as well – a real benefit when running in extremely hot weather.
- Some people react differently to these, so maybe try it out before using it during an event
6. Reviver Advanced Electrolyte Salt & Vitamin Formula
- Reviver aims to reduce the amount of muscle cramps you get during excessive running.
- In addition to that, Reviver also helps to reduce the effects that are typically found when dehydration occurs.
- Made out of nothing but natural ingredients to keep your body in tiptop shape.
- 100% money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
- These are intended for continuous endurance activities, and may not be suitable for others
7. Recover E21
- Helps to dramatically reduce the overall amount of cramps you usually feel in your muscles during an especially intensive or strenuous run.
- Recover E21 is made completely out of ingredients that are organic and natural, helping you ensure that you’re only putting the best of the best into your body.
- Recover E21 contains about 15% of the daily recommended intake of magnesium. Magnesium is a super-important ingredient when it comes to boosting your electrolytes, so this is an awesome feature to have.
- The biggest con for this product is definitely the price. It’s quite more expansive than similar products, creating for a lot of stiff competition for what it has to offer.
8. Nunn Active
- Nunn Active’s salt tablets are free of gluten, vegan/soy/dairy free, and use only plant-based ingredients. This is about as natural as you can get, so if that’s a big priority for you, Nunn Active has you covered.
- These salt tablets are also low in sugar and calories, so you can ensure that you’re only filling your body with the nutrients and elements that it truly needs.
- The salt tablets form Nunn Active help to alleviate cramps, increase the overall function of your muscles, and help you burn your body’s energy as efficiently as humanly possible.
- Nunn Active recently changed their sweetener to Stevia, and some loyal fans aren't so crazy about it.
9. SaltStick Caps
- The SaltStick Caps are rated to offer excellent support for reducing the overall amount of stress your body gets from the heat, muscle cramping, and helps to keep your electrolyte levels in check during even the most intense of runs.
- World champions across the globe have relied on SaltStick Caps to keep them moving through the most intense workouts.
- Along with all this, SaltStick Caps are also great for boosting your hydration levels during extra-long runs, and can even help with electrolyte supplementation for CF, POTS, and even Addison’s Disease.
- Some folks have said that the cramps they had were definitely lessened, but they weren’t entirely gone like they were expecting.
10. Rapid Rehydr8 Maximum Performance
- During an intensive workout, it only makes sense that your body would have a tendency to sweat. With the Rapid Rehydr8 pills, the electrolytes that are lost in your sweat are promptly returned to your body.
- Running for prolonged distances can prove to be one of the most challenging tasks out there for runners, so these pills’ ability to increase your overall stamina and endurance while on lengthy runs is a very welcome addition to have.
- The Rapid Rehydr8 pills are manufactured in the United States and comply with GMP standards that are set in place to ensure your overall safety and healthy when taking these pills.
- The company that manufactures these pills offers a 100% money-back guarantee. So, if you find that you aren’t noticing a big difference in your running performance, you’ll be able to get all of your cash back that you spent on the pills.
- While these pills are rated extremely well for providing a lot of extra energy during your runs, some owners have reported that they may not always reduce cramps
As most runners know, this is often easier said than done. While anyone can say that you need to keep your body healthy in order to make your runs as safe and beneficial as possible, actually doing everything to ensure your health is something entirely different. So, just what can you do to make sure that you’re getting the most benefits possible out of your runs?
While there are a number of different things that are important to keep in consideration, one of the most important ones is easily your sodium intake. Sodium plays a huge role in your body’s overall health, and when you run or exercise excessively in any form, your body loses a great deal of its internal sodium through the sweat that it creates. This is a perfectly natural part of the body, but losing all of that sodium can prove to be an issue if you’re on a particularly intensive run. In order to combat this, one of the best way to go about recovering that lost sodium is through the use of some of the best salt tablets for running.
Salt tablets are packed to the brim with sodium, and while they shouldn’t be taken on a daily basis, they can help out tremendously if you need a quick and plentiful boost to your body’s sodium. These salt tablets have proven to be quite effective for a lot of people out there, and as a result of their popularity, there’s no shortage of different salt tablets to choose from. While having a wide variety to choose from is certainly nice, it also makes it a bit difficult to determine if you’re getting a quality tablet.