Salomon X-Scream 3D
With 3D Fit, 3D Ride and 3D Grip the Salomon X-Scream 3D is Salomon’s most agile running and trail shoe to date.
Unless you’ve had your head in the sand or under a badly placed rock, you will know that Salomon has the trail and mountain running market in the bag but over the last few years they’ve set their sights on another market; the hybrid shoe or CityTrail, that performs well in mixed conditions.
Taking everything they know about trail and mountain training and packing it into a shoe made for the road, Salomon have created the X-Scream 3D, an all surface grip running shoe perfect for exploring new paths. The versatile shoe comfortably switches ‘door to trail’ and is suitable for newbies, casual runners and those who have been pounding the streets and trails for years.
The brand stays true to their slogan “Freedom, Action, Sports” designing shoes for the adventurer and risk taker with maximum comfort and protection in mind.
- The quick lace system is simple yet effective for easy-on and off
- The grip of the shoe performs well on wet and muddy surfaces and works well on tarred surfaces too
- The shoe is responsive and according to some runners is consistent on uneven surfaces
- The shoe is available in several colorway options
- As far as the fit goes some runners felt it was a little too tight
- The shoe is on the heavy side for some
• Rubber sole
• Lace-up vamp and OS Tendon natural construction provides support and comfort
• QuickLace System with lace pocket
• Sensifit smooth motion construction
• Sensiflex for natural foot expansion and flexibility
• Lightweight Muscle foam cushioning
• CONTAGRIP blend traction outsole
As is always the case with reviews we found runners who loved the Salomon X-Scream 3D but there were a few who found the shoe too heavy and too narrow.