Searching for the best Running Caps? Take a look at the best caps of 2017, Pros & Cons and what to be aware of before buying them online or in a store.
Your head is by far the most important part of your body, so it deserves some special care. When it comes to running your head can get exposed to a lot of different things.
Our Top 3 Picks
- Arc’teryx Calvus Cap
- Socora face fabric with DWR coating
- Price: See Here
- 2XU Run Visor
- Moisture wicking properties
- Price: See Here
- Adidas Adizero II
- Climacool technology
- Price: See Here
So today, we’ll talk about running caps. Specifically which are the handpicked 10 best currently available. Some of these are highly technical hats made from performance grade materials, others are simple and straightforward, others add a bit of bling to your kit. Whatever your needs and criteria are, there is undoubtedly something here for you. Enjoy!
10 Best Running Caps
1. Arc’teryx Calvus
Rounding out our list is the Calvus Cap
, from Arcteryx. This is a premium grade cap that comes in the form of an elegant contemporary design. This hat is perfectly calibrated for runners needs.Be protected and comfortable in this slick cap, also never worry about it wearing out as it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Snug but flexible brim and strapback closure, fits well
- Perforated mesh backing, breathes well
- Cool, yet understated design
- Anti-glare brim
- Unbeatable manufacturer warranty
2. 2XU Run Visor
Breaking genre here a bit, we’ve included a running visor
simply as an alternative to folks who like to not be blinded by the sun but also like to feel the wind in their hair. In terms of visors the 2XU Run is one of the best options out there, with the high absorbing sweatband and graduated brim being its highlights.
- Keeps sweat out of your face efficiently
- Lightweight and flexible
- Adjustable for a snug fit
- Not much defense against weather
3. Adidas Adizero
tons of positive reviews can’t be wrong. The men’s Adizero cap is a great choice when seeking a bit of protection for your head. It protects you from the sun
, keeps airflow around your head, and has famous Climacool technology built in. Plus there are over 20 colors to choose from!
- SPF 50 material
- Anti-glare underbill
- Performs well in the heat
- Lightweight and flexible, but brim keeps shape well
- It costs a name brand price
4. TrailHeads Race Day Running
If what you’re after is a simple, budget-friendly cap this is your ticket. No frills or fancy materials here, just a solid cap to keep you head
protected and the sun out of your eyes. For the price this is simply too good a deal to pass up.
- Priced very reasonably
- Glare resistant underbill
- Mesh outer, keeps cool well
- Satisfaction guarantee
5. Under Armour Fly Fast
Tired of unisex hats sliding around on your head
? Give the Under Armour Fly Fast Cap a try and see the difference of gender specific design. Throw in top quality HeatGear fabric and a sweat wicking band and you’ve got yourself the perfect running hat.
- Gender specific fit
- Performs well in hot temps
- Super lightweight won’t weigh down
- Form fitted brim
- The brim seems a bit too short for some
6. Mountain Hardwear Chiller
Want a hat with some cool technology built into it? Look no further. The Chiller Ball Cap has Cool.Q ZERO technology which actively works to cool the user’s head
when wet. Additionally, this hat is ultra lightweight and packs down into almost nothing, making it extremely portable. An overall great pick.
- UPF 25 sun protection
- Great mesh/venting system
- High grade cooling technology built in
- Malleable and very portable
- Color choices are a bit plain
7. The North Face Mudder Trucker
Some folks prefer to wear a trucker hat, and who are we to argue? If you can find one that fits just right they can be great for running. The North Face
Mudder is a good place to start. Comfortable 100% cotton, mesh backing and the classic adjustable rear strap make this a durable and stylish running hat.
- Very cool, rear mesh
- Built to withstand heavy use
- Cool design
- Doesn't protect from the elements
8. Sugoi RSR
A great choice for a casual striding around the park or a good companion for race day, the Sugoi RSR cap is an all around winner. Airs flows well through this hat and there is a moisture wicking headband built in to keep the sweat out of your eyes
. Reasonably priced, it’s hard to go wrong here.
- Race inspired design
- Smart construction allows airflow
- A pre-curved brim offers protection from the elements
- Has a few reflective accents
- Color options are limited
9. New Balance 5-Panel Performance
This is a great hat for summer with a breezy and light mesh construction. It will protect your head from the sun, and has a reflective logo front and center making you more visible at low light run times. New Balance
quality through and through.
- Very breathable and well ventilated
- Adjustable rear strap
- Highly reflective logo
- Comes in a few varieties of color/trim
- Doesn't offer SPF protection like some other choices do
10. Gore Air Gore-Tex Active Shell
This hat was built to withstand a rainstorm using the Gore Tex
technology, so when the weather turns foul throw it on for a bit of extra protection. Made from high quality flexible materials this is not a cap you use for a bit and then trash. This hat will last for many years and hopefully many great running memories.
- Elasticated hem, keeps things tight but not overly so
- Reflective elements ensure you’ll be seen at night
- Extremely durable, will not rip or fray
- Lightweight and breathes well
- Simple yet classy design
From sun exposure to driving rain to cold ears your head can take a real beating. Nothing takes the place of a good cap when it comes to protecting your dome.