Adidas Adizero Prime
The Adidas Adizero Prime is a lightweight neutral trainer intended for competitive racing. It truly is an exemplary running shoe for the reason that it seamlessly intertwines every aspect that’s deemed important for a running shoe to be a success. For example, running shoe manufacturers often have to contend between making their shoes responsive or cushioned as these two forces are often antagonistic. A responsive shoe requires a firmer platform and firm means less cushion. By contrast, a cushioned shoe requires a softer platform. You can get an idea of how much energy a cushioned shoe generates if you picture bouncing a partially inflated basketball. It may still bounce but not as much as a fully inflated ball.
But every once in a while, a shoe manufacturer will come along and knock two birds with one stone. This is what Boost technology has accomplished for Adidas and for the Adiezero Prime. It combines cushion and responsiveness. In addition, it incorporates a very sophisticated fabric technology to build the upper that results in a breathable and flexible shoe. In sum, Adidas comes close to creating the near-perfect neutral trainer in the Adizero Prime.
- Generates plenty of airflows
- Boost technology midsole provides cushioning and energy return
- Lightweight construction all throughout the shoe
- Overall comfort
- Traction provided by Continental outsole technology
- The high heel to toe drop ratio
- These are my first Boost technology shoes an I am so impressed. These best Reebok and Nike by a long shot. They have great durability and fit pretty good. I bit snug, which I like. If this is something you do not like, I would suggest a half size larger. Great shoe, I Love them.
- I love the upper mesh material, really lets my feet breathe. They are not as tight as the Nike’s version that are similar to this. They are thin in the sole but it is surprisingly really bouncy. They are lighter than any other shoe I have ever worn. These shoes do run a bit big so just keep that in your thoughts when purchasing or just go to the store and try them on.
- I am hoping these are not a fragile as they feel. They are so light and flexible and the mesh really gives a good air flow to your toes. Though these are bit narrow, due to the material, they really form and stretch over the foot very well and very comfortably without too much pressure.
- These look nice and feel double nice. They keep my foot supported and feeling secure. The outer soles are really durable and hold up for a long time. I have seen no wear on them at all. Great shoe, I highly recommend.
- These are very well made shoes. They are crazy light and yet very sturdy and comfy. They have a great cushioning heel too them, which I have come to enjoy with the boost soles.
- I put over 300 road miles on my old ones and this is my second pair. These do run a bit large, so take that into consideration. These make me feel faster and they are over the top comfortable. Although the old ones are quite worn down, they work great for a quick stroll with the pups. Great shoe and i recommend.
- These shoes fit me great and I usually have problems due to my weird half, half size and long toe. These are stable, airy and really are helping me with my laterals when I play tennis. They are giving me a lot of support that is needed for a damaged ankle I have. Not a fan of the colors but that don't matter with agility.
- I was weary due to reviews but these shoes are so awesome! They fit perfect to size and have a great toe splay. They give good snug support for my narrow heels. These are the first shoes I have ever bought that didn't give me blisters. I have no negative words or these. Great shoe!
- I didn't have to break these in at all They are so supportive and cushioned while still being light and airy. These fit great and to size too.
- I always wear Adidas and I still went with the reviews and bought a half size smaller. They fit perfect! This is a very light and stable shoe. The cushioning extends through the whole foot and has great arch support.
- I love the Adizero!!! The heel to toe drop is really great for neutral runners. I have put a lot of miles on these shoes and have been cranking out for over a year and a half and they are holding up. These have a little less support than some Adidas but they are on the money in comfort.
- The color as super and the laces are cool. They seem to be a bit longer than what I was expecting but they don't over snug my feet. They are great and supportive when I run too. I am happy with these shoes.
- Best shoes EVER! They are so comfortable and have really made me put all my other shoes away. These are so support and work great for everything from walking to work to the gym! I am a firm supporter of this line and highly recommend.
- These shoes look great! Super comfortable and the mesh material really breathes and keeps my feet cool.
- The length is a bit longer than I wanted but the width is good. The laces are cheap and fall apart, that is the only bad part about this shoe. The shoe itself is super lightweight and near dang perfect for a neutral runner like myself.
- These have a great absorbency to them and react well to stride. They are light and run a bit small. Love these shoes and am very pleased with my purchase.
- I have a bit higher than average arch and these really help support that. They are true to fit and require no break in time. I am hoping they keep this design longer than usual. It is a really great design.
- I am working toward my first marathon and these are so comfortable. They have great flexibility to them and they are very light. They are really carrying me through the training well. Great shoe.
- These run snug in a perfect way. The heel is nice and fit but the toe box is so wide, they are not smashed. I have wide feet and these are just great. They have tons of cushioning. They are very light and I just love everything about this shoe.
- I use these for tennis and WOW! They are so comfortable and fit great. They are really good quality and have held up to a beating.
- I always buy Nike and these are the first shoe that I have gotten from another brand. I am a convert. They are so cushy and have a great heel comfort. I was able to take these through a marathon with no foot pain or damage. I could have kept going. I highly recommend these to anyone who is doing a lot of running.
- I was able to take these for a gallop right out of the box. They felt like a dream. No break in required at all. They have boosted my time and are so very light. These are similar to a minimalist shoe with just a tad bit more support on the bottom. Really fabulous shoe here.
- I always get Adidas. These however, they really hurt my heels. These didn't help with my pronating either. I really do not like these shoes at all.
- They ran small. These are not good for anything running or exercise, they hurt your feet. They do not support any weight either, they collapsed after minimal wear.
- I was disappointed in these for sure. They were not what I expected at all. They were so tight in the width but long. This made them look funny too.
- These are so inferior to any Adidas I have bought in the past. These have Zero upper support and the little support in th heels. My foot slides in these horizontally and it is really awkward. They have less material and this is obviously less support and cushioning. I feel these are dangerous shoes and very disappointing.
- They fit ok but they had no support at all; I had to add to these shoes. I didn't return them but I won’t buy them again. The colors saved them.
- I am so upset about the sizing; they are way bigger than they should be. They looked ridiculous.
- These are not tennis shoes. They cannot handle the quick movements and changes. These are more a “lets take a walk” shoes.
- These shoes have no support and feel very cheaply made. The sole is missing a lot compared to other Adidas. I am very unhappy with my purchase.
The Adizero Prime is a representation of the modern Adidas shoe with its good looks and subdued color tones. In addition, Adidas is one of the few brands that has successfully mastered the art of designing neutral colored shoes.
The same concept applies to a running shoe. The more grip and traction a shoe’s outsole contains, the better handling of the road it will have. The Adizero Prime with its Continental outsole delivers better than average traction which makes it suitable to handle a variety of road conditions, from wet and slippery to hot and dry.
• Continental outsole
• Flexible Prime Knit Upper
• Combination of cushioning and energetic return
• AdiWear rubber for added durability
• Lightweight construction
If we have to pick on anything then that would be the shoe’s drop measurement. At 9mm it’s higher than we’d like it to be for a competition shoe. While it’s great that the midsole unit can provide many benefits, it would be preferable if the midsole platform were to be leveled out so that runners can enjoy the benefit of better landings to compliment the rest of the great things the shoe has to offer.