Altra Lone Peak 3.0
The 5th installment of Altra’s Lone Peak series introduces us to a neutral trail running shoe that could well end your search for the perfect ride for that upcoming mountain marathon or any other adventurous trail you are looking to explore. Designed with some of the most rugged terrains in mind (Utah’s Wasatch Range), the Altra Lone Peak 3.0 features its standard 0mm drop with just the right amount of cushioning and TrailClaw™ lugs for admirable handling in technical trail conditions. Altra has aimed to provide comfort and ensure confidence in its newest shoe and the result will impress even the most avid trail runners.
- Well cushioned
- Roomy toe box for a natural fit
- Impressive grip thanks to TrailClaw™ lugs made of Altra’s newly developed MaxTrac rubber compound
- Fit4Her system that is more accommodating to the female foot
- The new Quick-Dry AIr Mesh upper is more durable but only slightly and somewhat less flexible
- Higher profile outsole and wide toebox can produce slower turnover
- A marked narrower fit than past models
- They never disappoint. Altras are dependable -- had my others over 700 miles. These had some added fabric in the seams, which was great and they have held up on all my crazy terrain runs so far. I even think they were able to make them softer, huge plus.
- I ordered numerous pairs of shoes before I left to hike in Peru and thee were the top teir; I have never had a more comfortable shoe. They didn’t bother my corns and they grip well on moist surfaces. After we hiked all over Machu Pichu, I think my corn actually healed. They were worth every penny.
- I have quite a history of my feet bothering me, from surgeries to faciitis. I tried these on and never want to take them off. The color is great and I wear them to work all the time and have no pain. Truly amazing shoes. THey do have a weird rubber smell to them though.
- The heels fit snug with no slipping while the toe area is nice and wide. I’ve had major issues with toenail blisters from a lot of trail shoes, not these. I am super happy with these.
- The heel on these with the zero drop technology really disperses the weight when I am hiking. I did over 550 mils on the Atlantic Trail with these and I didn't get one blister. I will never change my shoes again. These are the best out there.
- I am enamored with the toe box. It is perfect and so is the sizing. The fact these are shaped like feet really helps with the toe pressure. And, they allow you to not have so much pressure from padding around the ankle. I wish the shoe laces were longer. I almost couldn’t get them tied. However, these are a hikers dream and they are affordable.
- I have a gigantic foot for a women and I am never able to find trail shoes that fit all around. I struck gold with these babies. They fit in the arch and add the support I have been looking for in a shoe. The wide toe box is delightful and is gonna be great with those long back packing hikes. They have a great grippy sole too, I am in love.
- I was super impressed. They were great right out of the box and they kept my feet warm with just one pair of socks in 20 degree weather. I recommend these, for sure.
- Only thing I would say is that the waterproof version is not waterproof. So, I would just buy the regular ones and save a couple bucks. Other than that, they are super comfy and supportive. These are great for my neuroma as well, I have had no pain.
- I ended up buying a half size bigger and I didn't have to break them in. I took them hiking and i wore really thin socks and got a tiny blister on my heel. I have horrible bunions and these did not pester them at all. I used these for 2 obstical courses and they have been great. These are a great purchase and I am extremely happy.
- These have a lot of room and are super comfy. The grips and nobs on the bottom are great for hiking. I only suggest getting a half size larger.
- For hiking and trail shoes, these are very light. I hiked with a group and everyone was complaining, all the while, I was walking on clouds. They have great toe space and the zero drop really helps wight dispersion. If you are an avid hiker, I cannot recommend a better shoe. These are a must have.
- I'm an old man and I still like to get a hike in here and there. I was worried these shoes were gonna be too narrow. I was way wrong. These shoes have a great toe box, even for my wide feet and bunions. I love the cushioning. I recommend these to anyone for any type of activity.
- I bought these a size up because I wear orthotics and they fit great. The toe box is perfect for this and I am not squished in my toes. I really like the color options too.
- These are very dependable and equally as comfortable. I have owned numerous pair of Altras and I love them all. These shoes work great with wide geed and I can walk for miles with no discomfort.
- After a pair of Solomon's destroyed my toenails, I bought these. They were true to size, which was a relief and they wer so cushioned and rugged, I just ran and ran. I love runnign trails and these shes have saved my feet over and again. I highly suggest them,
- After having issues with the previous models sizing, I was reluctant to get these. I am glad I did though. These are a true fit shoe. They feel great on my feet as well. I love Altra products.
- These shoes have a smaller toe box than most Altras. However, they are still a great shoe. I love the fit and the heels.
- I used to wear another brand shoe until it was discontinued. I wear orthotics due to major neuroma and these shoes fit comfortably with them in. I have plenty of toe room.
- I personally have always had to go a size up with Altras and I wear the E; just an fyi. These shoes rock. They have a great platform and the cushioning feels like clouds they are so lightweight. This is one heck of a shoe.
- I have trekked in all sorts of terrain with these shoes. I have hammer toes and little skinny heels -- ya, my feet are weird. But, these shoes are amazing. They really showed out on the snow though. I couldn’t believe how secure II felt when I was running. I read the box and it says to do a couple runs first to get used to the drop zone feel, I am glad I did. My calves hurt a little but I think its an adjustment.
- I have neuroma and find these to be a match made in heaven for my feet. They are light, so I do not get fatigued and they have great flexibility. I have plenty of room for my pads that I use and they don't have too much arch support , which is great for me. I have a small heel and these do not slip around; I feel very secure in these.
- These aren't the best on loose gravel but they are a great shoe. They need a little breaking in due to the top area being a little firm.
- I usually replace these every 7 months or so and use them daily for 5 mile walks. THey are designed to give you a barefoot feel. I also am able to swap the soles out for my orthotics which keeps the room in the toe box free without cramping my toes.
- These shoes were amazing. I use them for my really messed up feet and I need a lot of toe room and I have to add cushion in even the narrowest of shoes. I was able to get the ankles nice and snug for my runs. These are just fantastic and I am very pleased.
- These were surprisingly tight in the toes, not like the others and these are not shaped like feet.
- I had another pair of these that I used for a torn achilles and I thought to buy the same pair That did not work out as planned. These are very tight in my toes and they squish everything. I bought a bigger size and it did not fix this issue. I am disappointed and confused.
- I most definitely would not recommend this shoe. The last style was perfect. This one, not so much. They added some plastic part to the heel and it rubbed right through my skin. I compared and it is definitely there, although they have denied the change.
- These made me feel like a stormtrooper. They were so big and clunky. I have tried other brands that have the drop zero style and they were light and looked ok. I would give these a even lower rating if possible for looks. Horrible shoes.
Their available options include four color schemes for each gender-specific shoe:
Men: Black/red, black/yellow, blue, orange
Women: Pink/orange, red/deep sea, blue, purple
Altra also offers a PolarTech neoshell Lone Peak 3.0 with added optional ankle support and more durable fabric for increased breathability and protection from the elements.
- FootShape™ Toe Box allowing for natural toe splay
- Altra’s Zero Drop platform promoting better alignment and more efficient running form
- Altra MaxTrac Sticky Rubber with TrailClaw™ lugs for superior traction in all terrains
- A-Bound™™ technology made from recycled materials to provide flexibility in the midsole
- Sandwiched StoneGuard™ Rock Protection that nestles the rock plate between the midsole and outsole
- GaiterTrap™ system to more readily attach gaiters for added protection