Asics Gel Cumulus 20
Asics has been manufacturing the Gel Cumulus model for many years now. It is one of the most popular options that the brand has on the market today. This newest version – the Asics Gel Cumulus 20 – just dropped in July of 2018 and already has a huge following online. The company completely overhauled this version, rebuilding it from the ground up. Instead of EVA-foam in the midsole, there are two different layers of FlyteFoam. The outsole is completely redone, as we said ‘goodbye’ to the plastic trussic shank midfoot and ‘hello’ to two different types of rubber compounds. Reviews for this version are mostly positive and we’ve almost been convinced to buy a pair for ourselves. Let’s take a deeper dive into what makes the Gel Cumulus 20 so great and see if these kicks really stand up to what consumers can throw at them.
-Provides all-day support
-Helps to guide your foot through the running motion
-Keeps feet cool and dry on long runs
-Slow break-in time
-Slightly narrower than predecessors
-‘Wide’ version of the shoe not as wide as it should be
- These were a dream right out of the box. They look great and are super stable. They helped me improve my stride and run time.
- I collect sneakers and these are top 5 most comfortable I own. They have some really nicely designed heel support. Fit and feel great.
- I have had them for a couple months now and they still look great with daily use. They are comfortable and versatile from casual to gym. They have tons of support and are a great shoe.
- These have the Gel in there and it has relieved all my heel pain from surgery. They have also really helped with my underpronation.
- They look good, they feel good. I love Asics and these have stood up to the rest. They are about as near perfect to a shoe as you can get and the heels are a dream. They are also really light!
- This is hands down the best Cumulus ever made. I mean, I have had them all and the last pair I had for 3 years. These are so cushioned and supportive. They upgraded every aspect of an already amazing shoe.
- As a podiatrist, we always recommend Asics. These specifically are some of the best supportive shoes they have ever made They are the kind of shoe you can wear all day.
- These only lasted for about 5 months. But, They were the best Asics I have ever worn. They do not pinch me in the mid section and are great for my forefoot strike pattern. They gave me a better run time. They have lots of toe room too and really support the whole foot on impact.
- I have had surgery on my feet and sometimes I have a hard time finding a shoe. This one is a dream come true. They’re so comfortable and I am able to walk without pain. I really love these shoes.
- I have bursitis and really high arches. THese shoes accomodate all of this without discomfort. I am able to run and walk throughout the day without any frustration. Very impressed with this being my first Asics experience.
- I use these as my daily runners and I am so happy with them. They are so supportive and comfortable. A real dream shoe. I have had them a couple months and they seem to be holding up great! Great arch support too.
- Have wide steep arches. I had the 15 forever! I finally had to give in and get another pair and these are so good, maybe even better. I would have to say the best shoes on the market.
- Super light , supportive and cushy shoe. They offer a really nice support for my achilles.
- I skipped the 19 because the toe box was smaller. They definitely widened it on these and the shoe is so perfect; I am over the moon. I bought them a half size larger but they are very comfortable and such a nice and refreshing upgrade, they never give me any pain.
- I would compare these to running on pillows. They absorb every impact with that of grade a mattress. They fit perfect to size and have such a nice look to them. I would recommend these shoes for sure.
- I switched over to these from Brooks. They have so much support and the comfort is perfect. They are cushioned and they were sized like a normal shoe.
- These worked magic once I got them broken in. They were snug and a bit stiff at first. They have some great support and cushion while still being super light. They have a nice thick sole, which I found dreamy.
- They really snug your feet without being overly cramped and aggressive. They have super comfort in the heels and the gel really molds to your foot. I am a heel striker, so this is special. They are super light and do not cause fatigue.
- I am going to use these for my summer shoes. They breathe really well and have tons of cushioning and stability for longer runs. They were a half size too small.
- The heel is narrow and the toes are roomy. They have a nie flexibility to the mid and toe section as well.The mesh breathes like an air conditioner for your toes. The colors are really nice and low key too.
- These ran a bit more narrow than am used to for Asics. They did need a bit of breaking in.I am happy the toe box wasn’t more narrow though so they hug just right and leave space to wiggle. I am able to we are these shoes for longer periods of time without any problems.
- Plenty of toe room and they don’t make my feet seat, YAY! The gel design forms to my foot every time I step in it without losing any integrity within the shoe. They have nice colors and designs as well. Super low key, comfortable shoe.
- I am a huge Asics fan but these really fell short in my opinion. These ran so much smaller, an issue I have never had with Asics. My large toe was screaming to get out. CONSISTENCY PEOPLE!
- This shoe was lacking so much cushion comparably. They are stiff and flatten out way too quick. They are also really slippery inside the shoe. Just such a disappointment compared to the older models of the Cumulus.
- These have changed so much. They are so freaking narrow it isn’t even the same type of shoe. They gave me tons of blisters. I hated them.
- I feel like they keep getting smaller and smaller. The shoe itself didn’t bend with my feet and the break in time never came. I was shocked that the toes were so cramped as well. Asics is going to the crapper with every new model. I am so disappointed.
- These had tons of hot spots due to how stiff they were. I had blisters in all sorts of awkward spots.Too rigid and uncomfortable, I returned them.
- These had no sole support and they seemed like planks of wood. They were lacking flexibility and cushion. They also seem to be more narrow than any other Asics I have tried.
- These lacked the arch support I am used to with the Culumus. They had a narrow than average toe box. They were so uncomfortable and lacked tons of cushioning the others offered. Why would you downgrade your shoes ASICS?
- These rubbed my ankles raw. THey were so stiff and rigid and really uncomfortable. I am not sure why they changed them but no go!
-Jacquard mesh upper comprised of multi-directional stretchy mesh material for a close fit
-Flytefoam Propel tech in the midsole for added responsiveness and cushioning
-Flytfoam Lyte tech in the midsole, made of fibers that are 55% lighter than industries standards