Asics Gel Hyper Tri 2
Asics is famous for running products and are a very well known brand for athletics throughout the globe, based in Japan. They are an extremely popular choice around the world for shoes in particular and are known for producing high-quality shoes. The Asics Gel Hyper Tri 2 is a pretty unique model, however, with its design mainly being geared towards triathletes. The Tri 2 can certainly be used by those who prefer just running as well, but its central goal is to be used by triathletes, as its features are designed to optimize performance in triathlons. Overall, the Asics Gel Hyper Tri 2 is a solid lightweight shoe with features that support its intended purpose.
- Very lightweight
- Gel cushioning in the heel
- Elastic laces for quicker transitions
- Breathability to prevent moisture buildup
- Less suited to heavier mileage runners
- Smaller than normal
- These shoes are very light and responsive. I have a lot of Asics and these do run a bit more narrow than most.
- I got these a whole size up on accident and am glad that I did. They fit like a glove. They look really great on and have a lot of stability.
- I am happy with all aspects of this shoe. They are comfortable and sturdy like all my ASICS. They are just way smaller than normal. Hd to return for a whole size larger than I am used to getting.
- These are triathlon shoes, which most people do not realize. They are really great for this. They are so light and they have a lot of cushion for such a shoe. They also drain really well with water and other liquid.
- The material is very thin, which makes this one of the lightest and most amazing shoes I have ever owned. I do not need socks, they feel like one. Thy fit so snug and comfortable and stretched in all the right spots. Great shoe Asics.
- I ordered these after a long search. These are a secret and one of the BEST Triathlon shoes ever made. They are so light yet cushioned. They drain so fast and fit like a sock. I am so happy they are available still. They are a size smaller than normal shoes.
- I love the comfort these offer. Make sure to order a whole size up. These are the best running shoes I have and the material is so thin and forgiving. It stretches all over when you flex the shoe and doesn’t give an pressure points.
- I love these shoes even though I ended up getting a whole size larger. They are so freaking light and comfortable. They dry very quick and really keep my feet feeling amazing.
- These are easy on nd esy off. The best Triathlon shoe on the market, hands down. They were made for distance and terrain. They are excellent shoes.
- These are way lighter than the Noosas. They do run smaller but just order a size bigger and you will not be disappointed. They are perfect Triathlon shoe, you cannot get much better.
- I would have to say these are the lightest and most comfortable shoes I have ever purchased. I am not sure what else to say. Buy them!
- I was shocked and pleased at the way these drained! They are so light too and do not absorb or hold water. Very exciting to find such a great triathlon shoe.
- They look fantastic. They are very light and have a unique comfort to them even though they are so snug.
- I always get these a whole size up. Fantastic shoes. They are not too durable, very thin material but they breathe well and are very, very comfortable. I get about 200 Miles average out of thee when I buy them.
- These are very affordable and well made shoes. They look nice and are super light. They are compliment grabbers for sure, everyone likes them.
- These are very snug to your feet and have amazing air flow. They are really easy to keep and clean. The colors are nice however, I do wish they came a bit wider ad had more color options.
- I live in these shoes. They are the lightest I have ever worn and they feel like a super awesome runners sock. I do get them a size larger like all of the reviews suggest.
- I am really happy with these I get them because of the comfort and how light they are. I am able to wear them all day and have no fatigue or pain. Best shoe I have ever owned.
- These are a very supportive yet light shoe. They are definitely specific to triathlon design and it shows when using them to run in. They work great for speed training and weight lifting.
- The toe box was ridiculously small. They had glue all over the front and looked horrible. They seemed really flimsy and cheaply made.
- I bought these larger like I had read and they still ran way too small. I am just not happy with them at all.
- These shoes were not what I expected. I tried to give them some break in time and they just seemed to get worse. Very disappointed.
- The heel on these seems a little low and my feet slip out of them. They run tight too and seem to be made inconsistent with other Asics that i have purchased. There is no ankle support at all. Poorly made shoe and design.
- I always buy Asics because they have always been consistent. What happened? This shoe is made for a toddler. Holy COW! Is it small. They are also made different from the left to the right; almost like I bought two different shoes. They squish my toes and gave me blisters, on my toes and ankles.
- Asics are all I have owned for years. I love them because of their consistency. They really screwed up with these. They are a whole size too small and the toes are so tight it’s nearly impossible to wear.
- The shoe looks and feels cheap. I even ordered them larger like I had read and they were still too small.
- They rubbed the top of my toes raw. I liked the look and the way they felt at first but they are too small and it is hard to wear.
- The most flimsy and cheap feeling Asics I have ever bought. They are like a rubbery plastic and do not fit like any other Asics I have bought. They are no worth the price tag , that is for sure.
- Not only do they run very small they are made of a really cheap plastic. I tried to wear them to work out and my feet were hurting so bad after 3 minutes I had to take them off. They look nice but do not work well.
Another feature offered by the outsole is its Magic Sole design. This design features ventilation on both the outsole and midsole, and increases breathability, overall air-flow, and helps minimize weight. Overall, the outsole is quite good. It offers some of the best of Asics technology with the DuraSponge outsole, and a specific feature in the Magic Sole that benefits triathletes a great deal. The outsole is definitely one of the stronger components of the shoe.
That said, it does still provide good cushioning. It does this through Asics classic Rearfoot Gel Technology Cushioning System. Asics is well known for this gel system, made of silicone, which is implemented to minimizes the shocks of impact and promote a better and smoother stride. Also, the Magic Sole features are present here, providing ventilation throughout the shoe. The Gel Hyper Tri 2's midsole is probably not one of the most impressive aspects of the shoe, but it is definitely solid at the least and does its job.
Synthetic overlays also line the top to provide extra support, but the Hyper Tri 2 has more minimal overlays, to maximize flexibility, and remain lightweight and flexible. In that respect, the Hyper Tri 2 is a bit less supportive from above, but in exchange offers more flexibility with less weight. The upper also features a very soft sock liner, as the shoe is meant to be used sockless, as would be done by triathletes. Finally, atop the upper are elastic laces. Elastic laces allow for the shoe to be secured very quickly, which again would come into play for those competing in a triathlon. Overall, the upper is very well designed. It features some very solid technology which is well suited towards the overall purpose of the shoes.