Asics GT-2000 6
The Asics GT-2000 6 is easily the lightest version in this line of stability footwear. This model shows signs of great improvements while still retaining the older models’ more popular qualities. Added cushioning and stability features are set into place, and the brand’s super responsive Flytefoam midsole is introduced as well.
While reviewers have noticed how well the Asics GT-2000 6 outsole and midsole have performed, they can’t say the same about its upper. A large number of buyers claim that its open mesh material shows signs of damage after less than one month of use. And considering its cost of $120, it makes some buyers more than a little hesitant to pay the full price.
-Various width options
-Excellent arch support
-Very poor durability
-Does not fit true to size
- These were a replacement for my old Nimbus 14 and they are way better. The flytefoam is epic and so freaking comfortable. The shoe is light yet stable and cushioned all over. They work great for distance. The colors also look good!
- These are already better than the last model. They do not rub my ankle and cause blisters. They are so comfortable and work grate for my daily 4 mile runs. This is a great upgrade. I have owned all the models of this shoe.
- I go for 7 mile walks every morning and need orthotics ue to foot pain. These shoes are so perfect and work fantastic with my overpronating. They are stable and cushy and cradle the bottom of my foot where I had tendon surgery, no pain.
- These have a good amount of arch support for my flat feet. The support was built in for overpronation obviously. They have extra cushioning and are a bit more clunky that my Kayano but it is not a deal breaker. They fit snug but wide in the toes and I bought a size larger. They are great shoes.
- No hotspots, not awkward sizing, no bad parts at all. I love this shoe. I have a very active lifestyle and these carry me everywhere with tons of support and comfort. These are built great and the shoe doesn’t go in at the sole and rub. These saved me after foot surgery too, I was able to walk.
- These sneakers have been perfect for walking around and also for long distance runs. I went up half a size ( got a 9 1/2 when usually a 9). They are very stylish and I have received a lot of compliments on them. Awesome sneakers!
- These run narrow ad short but I got them according to this and they work great. I am on my feet all day and these help my feet out. The padding flattened sooner than I would have liked but can’t be perfect.
- These feel nice and cushy when I am running. They help me keep my form correct and are light. I love the Rose color too, they are really nice looking.
- These are more to the original style of the shoe. They are so nice and get some good mils on them. They are true to size and roomy in the toes.
- A good shoe is like a good dance partner. I have put these shoes through all kinds of marathons and running and they are so nice, the keep me dancing and running. I would have to say it is the best shoe and I love them.
- These have great arch support and I have really high arches. They are a half size larger and fit nice. My feet do not roll when I wear these and I have a really issue with this. These keep my pelvis from aching when I am on my feet all day. I have a hard time wearing any other shoe.
- They wear quicker than I like but the shoe is good. It is comfortable and secure. I am able to keep a steady jog pace and have no issues with pain.
- I have hip pain constantly form a childhood injury, these are the only soes that have helped this. They have no break in time and are so comfortable and supportive.These are my favorite shoe.
- These were great out of the box and have helped my overpronation. I am training for my first half marathon and these shoes are really holding up and holding me up too.
- These are a great and comfortable shoe. They are way better and more durable than the last model. Great upgrade Asics.
- These have eliminated all the knee pain that I constantly have been suffering from. THey corrected my stride and I feel that was the issue. These really are great for people who suffer from any knee and leg pain.
- Great shoe. The arches ar a dream, not too high not too low. They needed a little breaking in but mand do they feel amazing. I love running in these.
- These were a huge mistake. They have holes all over the toes and I have barely used them in 2 months. Asics did a big diseervice b selling these shoes. Horrible and cheap.
- 2 months in and the shoe is separating completely at the sole. They also have tiny holes all over the toes. I wanted to say maybe I got a defective shoe but the reviews say it is an issue. Too bad.
- II been wearing these models for 10 years and these are garbage. They are deteriorating and it has only been 2 freaking weeks. 2 WEEKS! Super disappointed.
- These fit tighter and have a much thinner material than I am used to from this model. Why is this bad? Because I haven’t even gotten them broken in and the toes are falling apart and separating from the sole. Super poor quality, not what I am used to from Asics.
- My big toe is officially escaping the top of the shoe. They are so thin and such garbage. They are narrow and made from some really cheap material.
- These are not like any of the other number models. These have no arch support and are killing my knees. These are so flat and harsh on the inside. All the others were so stabilizing and helped me a lot. Poor shoe and I am very disappointed.
- These fit so much different than before. I mean these are like children’s shoes. I checked, they are not. I have to take the insoles completely out or they rub and blister the tops of my foot. Horrible design.
- I wanted these to break in and they never did. They are so freaking narrow on the heels and the toes.
- I would have to say these are the worst sneaker that Asics has ever designed. They tear really easy and started forming hole after a few uses. Stay away from these.
- The tread on these is chunking off. I only ar them on a treadmill and in the gym, it is horrible. They are such cheap material. The toes are busting out too. Really bad design with these.
- Not worth a dime. The toes are ripping on the top and from the shoe. They are so expensive to be just disintegrating like they are after no use.
- I have had all the GT-2000 models and these are horrible. A complete downgrade. The mesh on the top has started to get these weird holes in them. I should have read the reviews because it is a legit issue with them. I say a recall is in order. I want my money back.
- These are not cushioned at all. They are really uncomfortable running shoes.
This also strengthens traction for a much more secure run. At the forefoot, a softer blown rubber called Durasponge is placed in to provide the foot with more cushioning and a greater bounce. Reviewers greatly appreciated not only how well this feature held up during their runs but also how strong its traction was.
The brand’s famous Gel cushioning system is also present to enhance shock absorption. Atop the midsole is spEVA, a combination of standard EVA foam and rubber ball material, which increases energy return. Stabilizers come in the forms of four different features. The Dynamic DuoMax reduces pronation by limiting the amount of stress placed on the foot.
The Guidance Trusstic System is placed in the midfoot area to prevent twisting and keep the foot more rigid. Guidance Line technology, consisting of a vertical flex groove in the forefoot, takes on all the pressure caused by impact and promotes balance.
Finally, the Impact Guidance System, found in this line’s previous models, works with the foot to enhance a more natural gait.
Holes will form in the fabric very quickly, and stitches will tear with very little effort. However, they did state that the Heel Clutching system kept their foot more secure and stabilized throughout the day.
In addition, they appreciated the look and feel provided by the Discrete Eyelets in the shoe’s lacing system.
Though this is surprising to most buyers, especially when listing off the number of corrective features it contains, it's clear that each piece of this shoe was carefully engineered to have as little mass as possible. Reviewers have praised this model’s lightweight feel, even saying it feels easier to run in than its predecessors.
Focused mostly around the forefoot and sides, where hotspots are usually located, this material allows for more targeted temperature and moisture control and promotes greater levels of comfort for the runner.
The inclusion of a ComforDry sockliner heightens this comfort by wicking away sweat and keeping the foot dryer for longer.
All of its stability features work together to promote a more natural and balanced gait, which then limits the runner’s chances of experiencing long-term pain
Unfortunately, a number of reviews state that this model does not fit true to its listed size. Furthermore, they noticed that its supportive and stabilizing features were not as strong once they sized up.
Its resin heel counter is also much more subdued from previous models, yet still proves to be just as effective. It also has the same general color schemes for both men and women in noticeably different hues. Though neutrals are still more prevalent for this model, buyers can still find several eye-catching hues of blue, yellow, and even pink.
Across all online retailers, reviewers state that the mesh upper began to tear apart after just one month of use. Even the inner lining around the heels will wear down and cause blisters. Considering that this was never a huge issue with any of the previous models, this unfortunate drawback is particularly confusing to a huge number of buyers.
Its numerous stability features keep the runner’s gait straight and balanced, decreasing the likelihood of injuries and long-term pain. Its upper, on the other hand, is heavily prone to wear and tear and cannot offer any solid protection. This could be due to the fact that it has fewer overlays than the older models.
The Dynamic DuoMax reduces the amount of stress placed on the foot, and Guidance Line technology takes on all the pressure caused by impact to promote greater balance. However, runners who have to size-up when purchasing this shoe are at a disadvantage. Reviewers who have done this note that the shoe’s benefits decrease noticeably.
The brand new Flytefoam material is able to adapt to the foot’s unique shape while still being able to retain its original form. This is promoted even further with the inclusion of a Gel Cushioning system and a layer of spEVA on top. The stability features of this shoe also enhance its level of support, especially the Dynamic DuoMax.
It's also worht noting that they are considered one of the best ASICS running shoes for flat feet.
Furthermore, the combined responsive features and stabilizing qualities of its midsole allow the runner to feel secure and comfortable even while running long distances. Considering its upper's poor durability, however, it's quite safe to say that this model is not intended for rugged terrains.
Yet considering the numerous reviews that have criticized this model’s lack of durability, it’s quite doubtful that it’s worth the money to a lot of buyers. Those who would like to purchase this model can still find a number of reputable listings online, provided they check the reviews first.
Just like its predecessors, this shoe is strictly intended for everyday surfaces such as roads and sidewalks. No online information is available that describes how well it can work on wet surfaces.
With the inclusion of DuraSponge rubber and noticeable flex grooves, the outsole’s design does indicate an easy and unrestricted stride. And though it focuses more on cushioning and stability, the midsole is made from materials that are pliable yet still manage to retain their normal shape after use.
The Guidance Trusstic System and Dynamic DuoMax are included to keep the foot more rigid and prevent possible injuries. Though this model has received high praises for its corrective features, reviewers note that these only work if they wear their correct size. This model is built quite narrow, and sizing up can reduce the impact provided by these features.
What’s unique to the Asics GT-2000 6 is that these two size ranges feature different platform heights. Men’s sizes feature a heel height of 22mm and toe height of 12mm. Women’s sizes are 1mm lower than this overall. While it isn’t enough to make a noticeable difference to most runners, no solid information can be found describing why Asics made this design choice.
-Flytefoam midsole with Gel Cushioning
-SpEVA for added energy return
-Impact Guidance System
-Guidance Line technology
-Guidance Trusstic System
-Exoskeletal resin heel counter
-Discrete Eyelets in the lacing system
Though reviewers were happy with these new additions, and the fact that some popular features were kept, they also noticed some brand new setbacks. The upper for this model is noticeably lacking in durability, and its narrow fit limits the benefits that runners could potentially get from this shoe.
Though these may be off-putting to most buyers, there is still a chance that it could prove extremely valuable to those who can find their ideal size.