The JVC brand has been around since 1927. They originally produced products like phonographs and records before moving onto radios and, in 1939, they were able to manufacture Japan’s first domestically made television. As time and technology have progressed, the company became known for developing the VHS format and even introduced the very first VHS recorders for consumers in the late 1970s. JVC has made sure that they are one of the leading companies in the world, staying ahead of the curve when it comes to technological advancements over the years. Today, JVC offers both consumer and professional products from everything from camcorders to car CD players to home theatre projectors and nearly every other electronic device you can think of in between.
When it comes to headphones, the company offers a number of different styles and designs. They have over-the-ear and on-ear options as well as a fun colorful line-up made specifically for children. They make fitness and sports-centric earbuds and noise-canceling options that rival some of the very best in the industry.
Today we’re going to be looking at a pair of their sports headphones – the HA-ET50BT. These headphones provide listeners with a sweatproof construction that is designed to withstand sweaty workouts or those outdoor runs in the rain. They are compatible with JVC’s music training app and have a host of other features that make them an incredibly sought-after option in the JVC headphone lineup. Let’s take a deeper look into this product to see what they offer and if they are worth the price tag attached to them.
-Quick and easy set up
-Great for working out
-Earbuds fit well
-Various size options for earbuds
-Sound distorts at higher volumes
-Cord is short and may pull buds out
- For many people, with a little effort, the right fit can be found.
- Being bluetooth earbuds, there are no extra wires to get in the way.
- For the price point, the bluetooth range is decent allowing you to move with freedom without quickly losing connection.
- The magnetic earpieces help keep them secure around your neck when not in your ears.
- The sleek design looks good.
- These are easy to set up and start using.
- They can work with android and Apple phones.
- Most buyers agree that the battery life is good.
- The battery charges quickly.
- A lot of technical know-how is not required to use these.
- Buyers with small ears have been able to get a good fit.
- According to some runners, there is no sound distortion or disruption during activity.
- These keep out excessive but not all outside noise which is good for running safety.
- The app is a bonus feature for runs and workouts.
- These have basic sound quality. If you value sound quality over other features, then you will be disappointed.
- For some buyers, these feel a little bulky for heavy activity.
- It takes some time to get used to how to put them in for the most secure and comfortable fit.
- The different sized earbud covers that are included are not paired by size so it may take some time to match up the pairs.
- The connecting wire is short so it's possible for it to get caught or slide around when bending over.
- These do not come with a carrying case.
- Some buyers say the control panel is an annoyance during runs.
- There are a few reports of unbalanced sound quality from the left to right.
- If you prefer getting the most out of the bass in a song, these will disappoint you.
- There are mixed reviews on the overall quality for the price point.
- There are no buyer reviews on the long-term durability.
These headphones also support the JVC Run & Music training app that will analyze the beats per minute of the music in your device and use that to create a playlist for your distance and individualized time and pace. If you feel like trying to beat an old 5K record of yours, for example, you can choose songs with more BPM to give you a boost to run faster.
Another great feature offered with these headphones is the inline remote control. This remote allows users to access important music playback options like stop, play and skip as well as answer their incoming phone calls.
Ease of Use
-Sweat-resistant construction to withstand even the sweatiest workouts
-Magnetic clasps to hold the earbuds together when not in use
-9-hour battery life
-Custom fitting earbuds in a variety of sizes and styles
-Training app support to help you run further faster
-Some of the earbud options allow ambient sound in for safer outdoor exercising
-Numerous color options
-Simple to pair and operate