La Sportiva Ultra Raptor GTX
The La Sportiva Ultra Raptor GTX is one of the most rugged trail running shoes you can find. It’s designed from the inside and out to be able to withstand harsh conditions and unpredictable terrain. This shoe is a perfect option for trail running enthusiasts who need a shoe that can handle the daily grind of trail running training. Even non-runners will find this shoe to be perfect for extended hikes and outdoor adventures. La Sportiva has really found a winner with the Ultra Raptor GTX. She shoe stacks up nicely compared to some of their other popular offerings.
- Amazing cushioning from heel to toe
- Water-resistant liner
- Rugged outsole lugs for traction
- Great support and stability
- Very breathable upper
- Narrow toe box
- Could be more flexible
- I felt these rub a bit on my achilles so I am thinking they run a bit small. Probably should buy a half size up. They are really nice looking shoes and are comfortable. I think the sizing is due to the Gore-Tex lining.
- I took these out on the rim and hiked 25 mile days and they were fantastic. They have a great toe area sn it supports and protects. These can be used as pretty comfy runners but they are way better for the trail. They grip well but are bulky. I am really impressed.
- I have found the sole to be really sturdy and they are great for running the trail and walking it. I use these for work, shoveling. I really enjoy the padding and sturdiness of the ankle area and the tongue is nice.
- These grip well on the wet declines and on a steep incline. I run 5.5 comfortably. They are super durable and very light. My fave trail shoe.
- I really love this shoe and have used it for decades. I love the look and they work great on mediocre trails and walking and mild hiking. I think the bulkiness and the wide toe area isn't really fit for me on the more rugged terrain. They do not have as much control and tightness as I usually like in a really rugged trail ride. But, they are great shoes.
- I bought these because I have the non GTX version. They do not compare. These ride really high up on the ankles. If that is what you like, these are really great shoes. I refer the other version. I really do love the Raptor though and recommend trying them all on before choosing.
- They are really protective and have super duper comfort for a low key trail shoe. These really rock on incline and decline running. I did have to get them a half a size bigger. These shoes are amazing though.
- These are my technical shoes. They aren't as durable as some but they work better for the harder stuff. They have a mean grip to them and are really secure . I have bought these 4 times now and I love them. They really work great for 5.5 inclines due to how ridiculously sticky they are.
- I have used these for 18 months with consistent use; through Alaska to Fairbanks and these have never failed me. They are super grippy and soft without losing integrity. I use them for trail running as well and they still have held up. Some reviews said the grip wasn’t that great and I am not sure they are using the same shoe. The Gore-Tex really keeps my feet dry. Also, buy these 1.5 sizes up and wear really thick socks with them. I stay dry and warm. Do not go too deep though, they are not boots. After all the months of use, they only had one little tare where I would constantly put them on, right on the ankle.
- Usually when a shoe has more grip, the softer the soles. This is why they wear a bit faster than most. However, these shoes are so freaking great. They are light and way comfortable. This is my shoe, it works for every type of terrain from the summer to the fall. They do run a bit small ad I had to go a whole size up.
- These were a bit more pricey but you get what you pay for. They fit perfect and have no seams that dig into your feet. I am comparing these to my Salomons and the lacing system and durability are way better. I like the classic laces that keep them right where I tie them and they are truly waterproof and built better.
- These have way better support, traction and comfort than any of my there hiking shoes I have bought in the past. They did get a bit wet in the snow so I am not sure about the water proofing. And, they run a whole size small. Great shoe otherwise.
- One size larger, always. They are one of the best trailing shoes on the market. They are great on any mountain and work great for all I do. They are super comfortable and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get out into nature!
- Make sure that you get the right size- a whole size bigger. The toe box will murder your toes on the down slope otherwise. Once I fixed this problem, I was able to really enjoy them. Great shoes!
- I can feel the surfaces, yet these are super grippy and comfortable. This is what I really like in a shoe. I need to feel the surfaces, it helps my stability and comfort. I really put a lot of crap on these shoes and they take the beating like they are supposed to for the price. Rally wonderful shoes to run the trails in.
- These were pretty light for mountain runners. I went a whole size up and coulda done .5. They are really durable and comfortable though and the extra room hasn’t created any issues; really gives it extra spread in the toes so it is nice. They protect my feet well.
- I put these babies to the wet granite uphill climb and they were champions, super glue action! I sized up a whole and they were great in the toes. They had super stability and dried well after a full dunk in the river.
- I bought these a half size up and they are great. They have really done well with my long backpacking hikes and dry super fast, approx. 20 minutes. These are really comfortable and great. I had to get gaiters for them though.
- They are not bulky but they run a bit on the heavier side for hiking shoes. I am really happy with all the support in the ankles and heels. I am on a lot of really loose terrain and they grip great. I used these running and hiking for hours at a time and they have never done any damage to my feet These are a dream for any trail runner or hiker, I highly recommend.
- I have been wearing these non-stop and they have shown no ware and tare. They are honestly the best in the toe box. The heels and the upper area really add to the support. A really durable shoe.
- These have a great amount of cushion and support without being overweight. They seem really light and durable. I am over the moon with these shoes. They are great for the road and for the trails and I am in love. I bought 3 more pairs just in case. I
- 500+ miles and they finally started showing wear. The grip is magical and grabs even the slickest and rockiest of surfaces. They have a great fabric that dries really quick and the support is top of the line. Really happy with the ankle support as well, no more rolling.
- These shoes are super supportive in the ankles and have worked great for my narrow heel and wide front foot. I feel like they were designed for my foot specifically.
- After about 6 months, I usually have to replace them due to the arch support. But, I love these shoes and that is why I keep buying them. They are perfect other than that and really work with my missized shape. I have one foot larger than the other.
- I have only used these a couple times and the sole is already falling apart. They are a really comfortable shoe an I do like them but I need a shoe that last.
- These do not have any water proofing and I was using gaiters with them. They didn't work for me at all really. I won’t be buying them any more.
- These shoes were so comfortable and light and great on the trails. However, they are falling apart. I took them for a few miles on the trail and a run and they are separating. Super unhappy.
- I won’t ever buy these again. They are super bad and just pure trash. They fell apart super fast, I wasn’t able to get 14 miles on them on the rugged terrain in Colorado. I like my North Face much better and they last WAY longer.
- These were so awful I had to warn everyone. They were so slick and unsafe. I walked on my mopped floor and they were all over the place. My ankles kept rolling on the trails.
- I tried these on in the store and thought they were ok. I bought the size I needed online and they are so freaking uncomfortable and the material is really cheap. They were digging into my ankles and really causing me pain. I won’t buy these again.
The mesh material and the abrasion resistant microfiber that doesn’t stifle the foot allow for oxygen flowing in and out of the shoe quite easily. An added bonus is the Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort liner that is found in the shoe. This gives it a bit more warmth and odor-resistance without hindering any of the breathability. The liner absorbs moisture as well, and adds water resistance to the shoe. It may not be featured as one of the top waterproof shoes on the market (LINK 3) but it will keep the foot dry in moderate rain.
- Water resistant Gore-Tex® lining
- Oval-shaped lugs for extreme traction
- Ultra-breathable mesh upper
- 12 mm heel to toe drop
- Injection molded MeMlex cushioning
- Frixion® XF Green compound rubber outsole