Mee Audio X7
The Mee Audio X7 wireless headphones are perfect for those with an active lifestyle. You will have a wonderful experience at the gym or hitting the road with these overall great earbuds. They give you a snug and secure fit thanks to the flexible memory wire and different sized ear tips to ensure that your headphones will not fall out of your ears while you are in the middle of your workout. They come with a cinch on the back of the cord to tighten up any slack so you do not have the distraction of a bouncing cord on your neck so you can stay focused on the task at hand. Whether you are hitting the weights or going for a long leisurely jog these headphones will have you covered thanks to the great fit and sweat-proof design. The affordable price tag and fantastic durability ensure customers stay happy and keep coming back for more.
- Great sound, strong bass
- Snug and secure fit
- Affordable price tag
- Decent battery life
- Good wireless range
- Poor microphone quality
- Connectivity is not that great
- Button controls are unintuitive
- The sound quality is impressive for the size and price.
- Most buyers are satisfied with the battery life.
- There are very few reports of static or sound interference.
- Buyers are impressed by the bass quality.
- The controls are easy to use.
- Most buyers are able to get a good, secure fit.
- The over-ear hook is easily adjustable for a comfortable fit.
- It is easy to pair with devices via bluetooth.
- Buyers say the materials and construction are of good quality.
- There are no complaints about the sound or connection quality during phone calls.
- These are sweat resistant.
- Many runners say these work well with good sound and a secure fit.
- Buyers say they have had good experiences dealing with MEE customer service.
- The sound quality is not negatively affected at max volume.
- Bluetooth connectivity has been an issue for some buyers. Although connecting is easy, buyers report problems with the connection sporadically cutting out.
- The controls are close to the ear which affects the comfort for some people.
- Although there are different ear tip sizes included, the fit doesn't work for all ear shapes.
- The memory wire can break over time and with excessive use.
- It may take some time and effort to get the memory wire molded to a comfortable and secure fit.
- There are mixed reviews on the charging speed.
- The wire cinch can loosen during heavy activity.
- Some reviewers report connection, charging, and other problems after a couple of months of use.
- When in use, there is a constant flashing LED light.
- The volume of the voice alerts when out of bluetooth range cannot be lowered.
- The volume range is limited.
However, you are not limited to just the gym or track when you are wearing these headphones. Many customers will use these for their everyday listening, whether for their long commutes or just to listen around the house. They do come equipped with a built-in mic so it is possible to use these headphones for a hands-free calling experience. Unfortunately, though, customers suggest that the microphone is not the best and the person on the other end can barely hear what you are saying, therefore, it is not recommended that you use these headphones for phone calls, even though it is possible.
These headphones are sweat-proof, which is fairly common among other headphones on the market that are designed for those who like to hit the gym or head out on the run. You will not have to worry about them becoming damaged from a little bit of sweat which is nice. Speaking of wearing them to the gym, they also give you a locked-in fit so you can make sure the earbuds are going to stay securely in place, no need to worry about them falling out of your ear while you are in the middle of your workout routine. Customers can appreciate how well these hold up in a gym setting.
When talking about the sound quality, however, it should be mentioned that the quality of the microphone is inferior and many customers cannot even use it. It does not affect how well you hear in the headphones, but the person on the other end of the call will not be able to hear you very well, as they do not pick up the sound as well as you would like when talking on the phone. If you are looking for something to wear for making phone calls then there are better options on the market.
Unfortunately, the biggest complaint on the earbuds comes with how poor the connection is. There are a few users who have had no problems with the connections but there are a great many that have had issues so it is something to keep in mind. It seems that, at first, there are no problems getting them to connect and stay connected, however, after some time they will start to randomly lose connectivity which can be extremely frustrating, especially if you are in the middle of a long run or gym workout.
The cords on these headphones are thick which is good for durability, as they are not going to fall apart and break easily, ensuring that they will last you a while before they stop working. The sweat-resistant feature also helps aid the longevity of this product, as you will not have to worry about a little sweat causing them to short out or break. Customers commented that the overall build quality and materials used to make these headphones are great and they are made to last.
Ease of Use
Connecting them to your device(s) are easy enough. To pair, you need to make sure your headphones are turned off. You will press and hold the multi-function button for about five seconds until the light starts flashing red and blue and the headphones tell you that they are pairing. You will then select your headphones from your devices Bluetooth menu and you are good to go. Easy as that.
The button controls on the remote, however, are where a lot of customers seem to have problems. There are the standard three buttons located on the inline remote. There are the volume up and down buttons and the multi-function button. The up and down buttons not only control the volume but also allow you to skip tracks if you want to. The third button allows you to play/pause your music, answer and hang up phone calls, and also acts as the power and pairing button. The problem that customers seem to have is that instead of double tapping the buttons for other functions you simply long press. It is not that hard, some customers just have to get used to it. The buttons themselves are relatively large which makes it easier to find and press when you are on the go.
These headphones claim to have a battery life of about 8 hours, which is fairly decent for this style of headphones. Most customers have no complaints when it comes to this, as they have no problems making it through their workout routines without having to worry about the battery dying on them.
-A sweat-proof design which features Liquipel Watersafe technology
-Built-in microphone and in-line remote
-Battery life of up to 8 hours
-Snug and secure fit due to the flexible memory wire