Merrell Moab 2
With an origin story that starts with an American cowboy boot added to an Italian boot manufacturing process, you can only wonder where it goes from there. Merrell shoes opened up shop with 4 core values: comfort, durability, design, and versatility. They are inherent in every design and every model of shoe they have put into rotation since 1981. They even kept the Wilderness boot, one of the earliest Merrell styles, in the line today. Yes, even with their signature blue laces. But they’re not on the Moab 2. Named Moab, for “Mother of All Boots,” it is not over-claiming when they added the level of comfort to the upgrade on the original model. These shoes speak for themselves.
The cushioned collar and tongue, supportive footbed and fresh from the box flexibility already focus on those core values Merrell prides itself in. Comfortable from the moment you slide the Moab 2 onto your foot, this hiking shoe works double duty with its extra padding in the heel. It adds trail isolation and keeps the heel in place for additional underfoot protection. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The Merrill Moab 2 kept the majority of the original, well-loved, details with slight improvements here and there while recognizing that an all-time favorite doesn’t need that much changing. Some simple updates and the Moab 2 is ready for trails, mud, dirt, gravel, whatever you want.
- Mesh upper
- Extra padding in heel
- Ready right out of the box
- Silicon bands built into the upper
- High quality rubber on outsole
- Refined insole with arch support
- Average traction in mud
- Too flexible for heavy loads or technical trails
• 2 silicon bands built into upper for additional support and reduced ankle rolls
• 5mm thick tread for maneuvering diverse terrain with full traction
• Vibram TC5 Outsole for a better grip
• Closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out of the shoe