Mizuno Wave Hayate
Mizuno is a pretty well-known brand for athletics, and especially when it comes to running shoes. Centered in Japan, Mizuno is a long-standing company that makes clothing and sportswear for a wide range of sports not just limited to running. The Mizuno Wave Hayate was the first iteration in the Wave Hayate line, which is a line focused on speedy trail running. The Hayate is not the most recent model, as the Hayate 2 and 3 have both been released already. That said, the Hayate is still a solid shoe in its own right and can be found for a good bargain at many places.
Stylish and unique design
Optimized for speed on trails
A bit less protection than a standard trail shoe
Not the most recent model
- These have awesome arches and are really flexible and work great with my orthotics. They worked great on my crappy roads.
- These needed a little break in time due to the stiffness. The colors are great and I love the style. I took out the insoles due to the toe box being more narrow than I’m used to in a Mizuno as well.
- They look better in person and have tons of support. I did switch out the inserts but the quality of the shoe is great.
- Definitely have some break in time. I wear a 7 usually and they are a bit snug. My feet turn in and these seem o be giving enough play room to adjust. Really awesome shoe.
- I have really narrow feet and they swell. They fit great when I am at regular width but cut into my feet when they swell. I do like the shoes but I would get a size bigger if you are prone to this.
- They fit just like my other Mizunos fit. They have a bit wider toe box, which is a dream. They breathe nice and the mesh uppers are really comfortable. They have amazing traction and you can feel the road. They do not have arch support and a very low heel rop, so I would say they are not for everyone. They are super light and a great minimal style shoe.
- This isn't an offroad shoe with tons of cushion. They have epic traction and you feel the trail without feeling the pebbles and such. I took these on some 14ers and they started to wear a bit faster than I like but they are really darn good shoes.
- Breathe great and fit perfect. They look great with all the mesh upper. I would definitely recommend and will probably buy these again; they look great.
- They do not have a ton of arch support but they are fantastic on the trails. They have minimal padding and are light. These are a really good looking trail shoe as well.
- The soles on these are great and have a nice traction to them. They are a real versatile shoe and can be used from walking, hiking, or running, depending on what you like. They look great and have really held up with all the hiking and trailing and strolling the streets of NYC. All over the place with these and they still are doing great.
- These have great traction on the dirt and rocks. If it is too cold I can also use these in the gym, no problem, even though they are made for trails. They have a good controlled cushion in the front of the foot where I land at when I run. Just a really great shoe.
- I switch the insoles for mine and they are working great. The shoe is durable and of great quality. I ordered a half size up and they fit perfect. They have a good wide toe box and tons of heel support.
- The mesh part on top seems to be a little weak. They are comfortable and stable I just need a more rugged upper, they got a hole in them too soon.
- These fit true to size like all my others. They have a good grip and are super light. They look way better in person too, which is nice. Always good to get a better shoe than you expect.
- Great shoes for my hikes. They are comfortable and very supportive. They have great grip and held me well over all the rocky terrain on the trails.
- Light and very bright shoe. I recommend buying them a half a size bigger. They fit a bit snug.
- I'm liking the design and man are they light. I am not a super duper runner but they seem really stable and comfortable when I do go hiking or running. I really love the shoe and would recommend.
- Durable, high quality shoe. I love them. They are so good with the muddy rocky trails I have here. They also really work in the gym. So versatile and great. I highly recommend these shoes.
- It was love at first site and the fact they fit me like a dream is a storybook romance for my feet. They are super light and don't drag me down. Not a pavement shoe. It is a trail runner and has the grip and stability to prove it. I am so infatuated with this shoe. It outperforms all trail shoes I have ever tried.
- These are fantastic trail shoes. They are rad colors and super light. I have no complaints about these at all. Awesome shoe Mizuno.
- I use these for gym shoes and they are so great. They are stable and comfortable. I am able to stand i them for hours at work too. Great shoe.
- They have a good weight and cushion to the,. I am able to feel the ground. These have been great for my weight lifting, very stable shoe with a low profile.
- I have drug these through the trails and the mud numerous times and they are still ready to go. They are super durable, easy to clean and really light. Super awesome Sparta and trail shoes.
- I threw these out after a couple uses. They are horrible and too narrow. I didn't get these past the 3 month mark.
- I always use Mizunos, these were different however. They were so uncomfortable and super narrow. Gonna have to rethink buying others now.
- The shoes are of great quality and design. They are just not for me. They were too short and they kept hurting the top of my foot. They offer no arch support and they were just all over awkward.
- Width and size were great. These just have absolutely no arch support. I need a little bit. These made my feet ache.
- Hard sole, plasticy feeling, stiff, and way WAY too narrow for a running shoe. No way on earth I could run in these, I am struggling to walk.
- The forefoot had n support or cushioning. They also lacked arches and ere way too narrow.
- Lugs for extra traction
- Synthetic upper design with mesh components and water resistance
- X10 carbon rubber outsole
- Wave plate for shock protection
- U4IC midsole material