New Balance Fresh Foam Hierro
When you hear New Balance, you’d be justified in just thinking about standard gym shoes, not fully athletic running shoes. However, New Balance has really stepped up their game in delivering a running shoe that can run in just about any trail condition. It utilizes synthetic materials on the upper to deliver a sound experience, and it uses a debris-free tongue as well as an antimicrobial sock liner. These are things that many running shoes overlook in favor of light weight or high performance, but it’s something that New Balance has paid close attention to. It also features a Fresh Foam system that cushions the foot all throughout the gait cycle. There’s a tread outsole that makes running on trails a breeze, and it comes in enough bold color stylings to please anyone.
- Synthetic overlay system
- Advanced upper technologies
- Positive underfoot experience
- Durable outsole
- Aggressive gripping lugs
- Narrow in the forefoot
- Men's version is heavy
- I have an injury that never goes away and these are helping me to keep running the trails. They work great in the width and the cushioning while not being too pricey. The mid area is just right snug yet able to move when I put pressure. I did feel my pinky toe hitting the wall a bit on impact, so the toe is a bit narrow. They have the cushioning of a mattress. Not as responsive as some shoes I have had but they are great for the injury.
- Very little heel to toe drop, I am loving it. They have a great toe space and are very secure nce locked in on your foot. I wore these almost everyday for a year and they are only showing minimal wear and tear. These are so comfortable and I am ordering my second pair now. They offer a lot of absorbancy and are great for walking and running.
- Overweight and new to running and these are super great. They have great traction and do not hurt like the old shoes I had These have glided over the Southern California trail terrain easy. They run a bit wide so standard worked great for me. The shoe stretches well and vents great.
- These are priced good for the quality. These are an upgrade for sure. My other NB usually tear in the toes, these seem to have some sort of flexible reinforcement.
- I put 230 high quality hiking in these and they are holding up great The toes did seem a little busted after but no real damage. And I do drag my feet even on the trails. They are super light t be so rugged. The insoles are magic and I didn’t need to replace them. All the extra cushioning helped me prevent my normal ankle rolling too. So satisfied with these. Buying some more too.
- These are so soft and so comfortable. I like barefoot style shoes and these are not that but I love them. I got a half size up and they do run a bit too narrow compared to other NB. I wouldn’t suggest these to real runners, this is more of a mom, walking and errand shoe.
- Ordered a half size up and glad I did. Colors are great and bright. I needed a couple days to break them in , they were snug but they flex well. I do think these are more of a wlker than a runner though. Nice try though NB.
- These are the best memory foam shoes I have ever had. They love my wide feet and fit perfect to size. I always buy a wide shoe. I will purchase these again.
- Half size up fits perfect. They are cushioned well yet very light.They have great traction in wet or dry areas but a little to squishy on impact, more than I like.
- These fit perfect and needed no breaking in for me. They have a bit too much cushion for me. I cannot feel the ground. The more I run though the more they feel better. They are uber comfortable and I would recommend them.
- These shoes are perfect in wide. NB is the only shoe that I have found that caters to my wide feet. These are super comfy and are what I expect from my favorite shoe brand. They do not compromise style for comfort.
- I love that these are both a running and walking style shoe. They are so comfortable and super supportive in the mid section of my foot. They have a great absorbency to them too on concrete.
- Super comfy foam man! They run smaller than my other NB though. Wish I would have known before I bought them, they are a bit narrow.
- I am a power walker, walking over 5 miles a day and these are very comfortable. I love that they have so much cushioning. The toe is nice and wide and they are really durable. These are a great shoe and I really recommend them.
- Not as much cushioning as my Altras but they are more stable. I do feel the street beneath my feet when running in these. They are great addition to my collection but not the best out there.
- These are great shoes! They feel amazing and they have good quality material. I am diabetic and have swelling so sometimes they get tight. They are light and the sole is so cushy. They felt broke in out of the box. No issues.
- These are great for uneven terrain as well as walking around at work. I love them and the comfort they offer.
- These are a great upgrade to the last Fresh Foam. They are more durable and do not rip in the toes like the old ones.
- These have great grip on all the rocky trails I it up each week. They are ok in cushioning but it works great. Love these shoes.
- Feel nice and cushioned and have epic support. These feel like my old Echlons by Saucony. I am impressed.
- These shoes are fantastic. The sole is so padded and comfortable, molding to my foot every time I have touchdown. They absorb all the shock from my hard running impact. They have really short shoelaces though. Not sure why. I recommend these highly.
- I am a PE teacher and need a good tennis shoe; these are it. They are super comfortable all day on my 9 hour shifts. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned; I blame it on the fresh foam, it is great. NB is my jammy jam.
- In love! They have great trail support and keep me feeling stable. The foam is life! Make sure you size up, they run a bit small.
- I These offered great support for my knees after my surgery. They are helping me walk right and support my imbalance due to the healing process. Best shoe yet!
- I ordered larger ad these were still too small. It has a super narrow toe box and it is extremely uncomfortable.
- Do not fit like I am used to with my NB. Not as wide as they usually make. They foam also is weak. Not a comfortable shoe at all.
- Way too short. My toes smoosh up in the box. They also lacked in arch support. I was shocked since that is why I was referred to these.
- These just killed my feet. I mean, I don’t know where to start. Pain, pure pain these shoes. Especially the right one.
- The double wide still rubbed my toes. These are stitched wird on the inside and constantly rub. These are not comfortable and I do not recommend.
- These are just way too small in the toe area. The foot liner is way to thin as well and seems like it is going to fall apart quick. It looked nice bt I returned it. Didn't want to waste my money on looks.
- Plush upper's overlay keeps feet both clean and secure
- Plush underfoot system keeps your feet comfy as you run
- AT Tread Outsole is very durable
- Antimicrobial sockliner
- Plenty of traction when running
- Aggressive gripping lugs allow you to run on almost any surface