Newton Kismet 3
Newton is known for their innovative, lightweight running shoes. Having started this small “outsider” company just a decade ago, Newton’s reputation has been bolstered by their innovative design and propulsion lugs in the forefoot of their trainers. While the company has been on shaky ground lately with a series of financial setbacks, including the closure of all but 100 of their standalone stores, they are still producing original, dynamic trainers that runners of all calibers will appreciate.
The Newton Kismet 3 is a testament to how lines of shoes find small but pivotal improvements with each edition. While the original Newton Kismet was received well upon its release, there were some complaints regarding its lack of durability and too-short laces. The Kismet 3 saw an improvement in its forefront design, but some complained that their feet hurt in that area after wearing them. In addition, some runners criticized that they were smaller than their advertised size. With the Kismet 3, Newton may have finally hammered out all of these small (but important) problems, designing a lightweight trainer that’s both comfortable and stable.
Having added extra cushioning in the forefoot and heel that facilitates responsiveness and extends the Kismet 3’s durability and beveled lugs on the outsole–part of Newton’s Action/Reaction technology–that allow a smooth ride, the Kismet 3 is a stability core trainer that performs on all-day runs but can also be used for a run around the block.
A great trainer for those looking for a stability shoe with excellent support, comfort, and responsiveness, the Kismet 3’s signature Newton outsole design may seem unfamiliar at first, but runners will be able to tell the difference in the smoothness of their ride. Looking to boost a runner’s speed, carry them along for many miles, and help overall performance in a race or on the road, the Newton Kismet 3 is a shoe that runners in the market for a stability shoe should take notice.
Unique outsole provides extra boost in your performance
Highly breathable, comfortable and with improved support
Stability shoe with a low drop
- A bit expensive
- Not for harsher weather conditions
- I love these and I appreciate the action & reaction shoe tech built into these while I run, I class these as dynamic running shoes designed to be different in a positive way, cushion is fine, stability is good, the shoe does grip most surfaces, ventilation does let me keep my feet cool, very good alternative to the big brand shoes.
- Totally sold on the outsoles unique build and the extra boost I get from these, running is easier and feels natural, like the grip-tractions from these and certainly quality for giving supportive stability, nice shoes. Actually, the support in these is an improvement.
- I get a good stable ride from these, very good transition between distances and speed needed, the upper is supportive, does not rub and the midsole feel supportive which in my case prevents aches and pains.
- Love the low-drop and the absence of shock or jarring that I have had with others shoes, the shoe gives nice stable support, I find it has a good traction, I’m an overpronator so I really do like the stable platform built underfoot, the shoe ,meets my demanding expectations easily. All possible stars for these.
- I have a bit of a history with foot pains and the midsole in these has pretty much fixed that for me, nice smooth uppers on these feel comfortable, no rubbing or tightness, 100% a good shoe.
- My stride is more about inner foot and these give maximum support where I most need it, I have been with these for a few years now and generally I get around 9 months wear out of each pair, nice shoe, tons up appropriate shoe tech.
- I love these because they work for me during long runs in that they counter the problems I used to get with ankle aches and knee pains, the shoe is incredibly supportive, these are a dream and run like a dream.
- I was starting to develop signs of runners knee and really did not want this to get worse, I swapped over to these and the problem has been stopped, this is a sure sign that these shoes are well designed, smartly built and give the right balance of support.
- Got these as the 4mm drop is what I was looking for and I’m not disappointed at all, some issues with sizing at first but changed to get an exact fit, lovely support from these and the shoe is a good performer.
- Like how these look and really like how they feel, I have had ankle support problems and issues with shock travelling through my feet but so far these seems to be giving me porotection from these issues, played around a lot to get the right size but really worth the efforts, no hesitation in saying these are a 4.5 star shoe.
- The toebox is tight and very uncomfortable, tried to break in these but no luck, I gave them to my friend, he uses them for walking in the countryside. What a waste of a running shoe.
- Tried re-sizing twice and that was enough, the sizing for these is too far of the mark.
- Sizing drove me crazy, size up etc and the shoe feels too big, choose my usual size and it’s much too tight, especially in the toebox which rubs enough to give blisters. I’m done with these, I want shoes I can put on straight from the box, these don’t work out at all.
- Tried sizing up by a half, no good, tried a full size up and it felt like wearing a canoe on each foot, I just don’t have time for these. Whatever happened to sizing as per the standard fits?
- Felt like screaming, the first pair just not true to size, sized up and the toebox is tight to the point it is painful, the shoe has a nice design and good shoe tech, you would think the sizing could be accurate.
- Loaded with proprietary technology that enhances performance
- Breathable upper and thin EVA midsole keeps the foot dry and cool and the weight down
- Excellent traction thanks to the foot-shaped lugs on the outsole
- Sturdy Sharc rubber outsole is highly durable