When the temperatures plummet, runners have to choose between toughing it out or taking it indoors on a treadmill. Part of the dilemma is getting dressed appropriately for winter running as it can be a chore. For many of us, layering is the method of choice. And Nike's AeroLoft Flash Vest presents a well-balanced layer for the seriously outdoorsy to keep warm this winter. I say seriously because it does come with a higher price tag, and even with all the pistons firing gloriously, it might be considered a little too extravagant for casual runners. It provides a snuggly but ventilated comfortable outer layer due to its smartly placed pockets of lightly insulated but highly effective goose down fill (with one of the highest ratings of 800) and reviews are exceedingly positive. Runners and hikers alike have enjoyed the cold and wind protection giving them the ability to focus on getting in their miles. The zippered pockets allow for a few items, as large as a Galaxy S7 phone, to be securely toted along as well. And while it didn't trap heat, sometimes we all have needed to drop a layer on the go. The decidedly not bulky AeroLoft Flash simplifies this as it can be folded up and tucked in on itself and strapped on the wrist for easy portability for less stress and an unencumbered adventure.
- Warm with strategically placed down fill insulated pockets
- Designed with materials that create breathability to prevent overheating
- Full front zipper closure and pockets with zippers for transporting a few essentials
- Superior night-time reflectivity built into a large portion of the vest
- Stylish with geometric patterning as reflective detailing elements
- Flattering slightly fitted feel available in a range of sizes
- A higher price point