Nike Air Max Advantage
Taking its name from the Greek Goddess of Victory, Nike has become known as the most elite shoe manufacturer in the world. Opening up shop as Blue Ribbon Sports in 1964, the company changed its name to Nike in 1971. Though it is the youngest of the major brands, Nike has become the most dominant in sales of apparel, gear, accessories and, of course, shoes. The Nike Air Max Advantage is just one more weapon in Nike’s vast, ever-expanding arsenal of powerful training shoes.
With an open mesh upper, traditional lace-up closure, and padded footbed with soft ankle collar, the newest Air Max shoe is cushioned and balanced. The 10mm drop and the lightweight construction make for smoother transitions from toe-off to heel strike. With the Air Max Advantage, 30 years of Max Air technology has been optimized to create a supportive, comfortable, stylish ride.
- Open mesh upper
- Visible heel Max Air unit
- Responsive cushioning
- World’s #30 best Nike running shoe
- Full range of colors
- Limited terrain versatility
- Narrow shoe, may need to size up
- Rubber outsole can be noisy
- I went a half size larger in this shoe. It is a great fit and has tons of support and comfort. Great shoe.
- I was amazed at the softness of this shoe. These are really light as well and super comfortable.
- I use these at work and running. I love the comfort and support that they offer all day with no pain.I do use a different insole.
- I was happy to find an affordable Nike. These fit perfect and have a great style to them. They are super comfortable.
- I was glad they come in looking even better than expected. They fit great, have epic comfort and support. I love these shoes.
- I have to std on a hard concrete slab all day and these really are great. I do not have any back pain or foot pain. They are really comfortable and supportive.
- I love the shoe. It took a bit getting used too, it is really soft and pillowy. Forms to the foot every time you put t in. They have become my work shoes and I love them.
- These are my go to shoe for everything. THey are so dope and comfortable. They broke in in no time and really are great for walking and running.
- I ordered a half size bigger after reading reviews, glad I did. They are a bit short and narrow. The las are really short as well. They do not fit like any other NIKES I own. They are comfy though.
- I ordered a second pair after trying these on. They are so freaking comfortable an light and look great. I ordered a half size bigger and they fit perfect. These really give me the support I need for my fasciitis.
- I am really impressed with the comfort in these Nikes. I am also happy with the support and the look of the shoe. Great all over shoe. They are extremely light as well.
- The soel could use a little more width to it to add to the support. Other than that, they are a great and comfortable shoe.
- I have an average to wide foot and these fit great. They look good and have a sleek and thin look to them. They are really comfortable and work amazing with my feet.
- I am not sure these are the best for wide footed folks. The taper off up in the front, which could cause some squishing. Not for me though, they are perfect for my narrow feet. I am not happy the sole isn't removable, made a bit cheap. I do like the shoe though and it is really stylish.
- Fit true to size, great comfort and design. I am not sure what else you want in a shoe. I highly recommend these and will be buying another pair.
- This is a great shoe. They fit great and offer enough support to do everyday stuff and pop into the gym. Perfect to size and I will be buying more.
- These shoes were pimp! They looked great on and had tons of comfort and support. I was so happy hn I got them and I do not want to take them off. Great online purchase for sure.
- I am recovering from a broken ankle and these are really doing me some good. They are comfortable and have solid support. A bit snug, so I ordered a larger size. Great shoe.
- They do not look like they are all that durable but they are great. They are so light and snug to your foot. Great heel impact and absorbency. Great walking shoe.
- These shoes do wear out quickly. However, they are cozy and comfy and look great for casual wear. They are true to size and width. Great shoe and I do recommend to friends.
- I was so happy that these were the light and comfortable shoe was looking for. Great design and comfort from Nike!
- These are a really comfortable and durable shoe. They look great for the gym or jeans. I wear them when I travel and they pack light.
- Thi is my everyday go, go, go sneaker. It has great support and all day comfort. It is a neutral style shoe for a versatile wear: Errands or gym, they are great.
- Support and comfort. This shoe has it all. Itis responsive and snug and I just cannot get enough. I highly recommend.
- I was disappointed that thee came in off color. The pictures are way better than the product. I ordered red and they look purple to me. I just like to get what I order.
- I was upset about the size. They always are flubbing it up. I ordered my regular Nike size and these are different. So annoying Way to short and thin.
- I am a Nike person, it is all I wear. These are way to snug in the ankles and are uncomfortable to wear.
- Too narrow and caused me a lot of pain even after reordering a larger size. This is crazy. They changed the sizing once again. Get it together Nike!
- All over crappy shoe. I am really starting to hate Nike. They are sized wrong. The insoles are cheap and glued in. The color was way off than what I ordered too, the red.
Read also about vegan runners shoes.
The construction of the mesh upper uses medial posts but also fits closely to the foot with thin synthetic overlays. This keeps the upper breathable but also holds the foot more securely into the shoe with a top foot lace-up closure, forcing the weight of the foot into the base and adding to the overall stability.
• Breathable mesh upper with lightweight synthetic overlays keep the foot cool
• Rubber outsole pods enhance cushioning but also increase traction
• Smooth, cushioned ride
• Foam padded footbed includes an ankle collar to hug the Achilles as well as the ankle
With so much experience in a shorter time than their competitors, Nike has created a sustainable process to continue to meet their customers’ demands. One of those demands was a simple running shoe with cushion and stability and in response, Nike developed the Nike Air Max Advantage.
This shoe has a padded tongue, a cushioned insole, rubber outsole pods, and the visible heel Air Sole unit that Nike has become known for. These elements cradle the foot and give a flexible response from toe-off to heel strike. The shoe itself remains lightweight with the breathable mesh upper and has a secure, adjustable fit with the traditional lace-up closure. The Air Max Advantage does exactly what was requested of it at a reasonable price.