Puma Voltage Disc
To buy or not to buy that truly is the question as it pertains to this specific sneaker. Although there is a multitude of great compliments to be said about this shoe, there are equally that many complaints to be said about it as well. The love-hate opinion that many runners have for this particular shoe is due in part to the added features that offer great benefits to the runner, yet at the expense of taking away some good qualities about the sneaker.
The Puma Voltage Disc offers a great level of cushioning and support for the runner along with providing a high level of comfort and snugness. The fit that the shoe provides the runners has been well received and many runners have praised the sneaker for this feature. These qualities have been the hallmark of the sneaker along with its very stylish and visually appealing look. The style of this sneaker truly deserves the praise and compliments it has received.
However, the durability has received many complaints and the ease with which the shoe can start to wear and tear will make many people second guess purchasing this model. The Voltage Disc is great for competitions. It is not uncommon to see many runners using these sneakers on the race tracks.
The good and bad of this sneaker truly does force the question, “To buy or not to buy”; that really is the question.
- Many Runners have praised and complimented how the Puma voltage disc allowed for cushioning and support
- The flexibility and the responsiveness of the sneaker was extremely helpful to the runner because of the cushioning system
- Many runners praised how comfortable the sneaker felt while wearing it and while running
- The price of the sneaker, depending on the buyer, was met fairly positively
- The upper has been received well because of the soft and plush feel it provides the runners
- The sneaker has been said by many runners to be visually appealing; the sexy and sleek design alone will make you want to buy the sneaker
- The rubber outsole has been received well for its weak durability. Many runners have complained that only after a few runs it would start to come apart
- Some runners viewed the sneaker as too narrow
- Some runners were disappointed with the size of the sneaker; believing it to be small
- Despite its visual appeal it is not that popular
- It is in the bottom 10% of the most popular sneakers in the marketplace
However, on a lighter note, the outsole provided a semicircle pod that allows for more air to flow in the sneaker and also provides more breathability as well as a higher level of comfort to the runner.
The midsole is where the sneaker is truly effulgent. Because of the many features found in the midsole, the sneaker offers a greater amount of benefits.
Because of the weak rubber durability, it is recommended to use these sneakers more for the gym, although they were designed for the outdoors. The numerous complaints about the weak rubber durability of the outsole detail many incidents of the shoes underfoot coming apart.
As stated numerous times throughout the review, the major problem with this sneaker is the fact that the outsole is easily led to wear and tear and once the sneaker loses its wear, especially in the outsole, the amount of traction is decreased significantly.
- The sneakers upper has received an update in the lacing system
- The sneaker provides a twist-to-turn component that provides adequate amounts of fit and snugness for the foot
- The breathability of the sneaker is due because of the breakable mesh that is made of foam that snugs the foot securely
- The underfoot offers a great soft and responsive experience to the runner
- The underfoot also has a unique feature that has been added to it which are semi-circular pods. These pods are filled with air and allow for more comfort for the runner because as the runner places their weight on the sneaker the semicircular pods compress when the weight is placed on them and then return back to normal when weight is off of them.
- The many new features that have been added to this sneaker have offered some very innovative techniques to the running shoes. Especially in the form of the laceless system. That has been received very well may many runners and offers a truly less stressful running experience. For many runners, who have to stop in the middle of their run to re-lace their sneaker can be very irritating. However, the laceless system brilliantly fixes this problem and with style. Speaking of style, the sneaker itself has also been praised because of its visually appealing look.
The outsole durability has not been received well and for many, after only a few runs it would start to fall apart. The price also can steer people away because of the many cons of the sneakers. It has a very stylish look and offers a great amount of the comfort and support to the runners. However, there are many other sneakers out there that provide a better running experience overall. The popularity of the sneaker is at the bottom 10% of the sneakers in the marketplace.
The style of the sneaker again is very impressive and is visually appealing. However, for a sneaker that looks good, it proves that looks aren't the only thing that is important, especially in a running sneaker.
To buy or not to buy this sneaker is really the question, which only you can answer.