Saucony Triumph 11
Saucony is a dedicated running equipment manufacturer and they make a variety of shoes to meet a variety of needs. The Saucony Triumph 11 comes after many revisions of this popular shoe and although there have been updated since it was first released, this is an excellent shoe for a, now, reasonable price. The Triumph is known for it’s neutral and highly cushioned ride and works great as a marathon training shoe. It is a durable shoe that is great for logging a lot of comfortable training miles in and while it isn’t the lightest shoe, Saucony has shaved off some serious weight in the last few revisions and this makes it ideal for training.
- Powergrid and SRC Strobel board provide long-lasting comfort
- Highly durable design
- Sauc-fit locks the foot in while still providing ample room in the toe box
- Built for a soft comfortable run
- Highly breathable upper
- Works well as both a running shoe and an everyday shoe
- Good design and variety of color choices offered
- Originally quite expensive, but now can be found on sale
- Some runners found Sauc-fit it a bit constrictive
- Not very flexible
- 16 miles each run, the shoes are great, lots of heel cushion, never any blisters, minimnal cushion for mid foot and nice breathability during hot sweaty runs, I recommend everybody should feel fine trying out these, they are good. Nice glide to the stride.
- These feel at one with both my feet, plush heel support, very smooth comfortable interiors, nice amount of support, my only negative experience is that the toe box is a bit wider than it needs to be.
- I had back issues and needed the right combination of cushioining, these are the best that work for me, very good overall foot support, the bottoms are seriously durable made from tough rubber and to cap it all of, breathability is very good and my back pain is going away, love these as they are so supportive.
- Grip is truly great, I like these so much, loads of arch support, lots of cushion in the heel and toe areas, I’m a bigger runner and width is just right, nice shoes, great purchase.
- I'm a nuetral runner and these do the business for me, the insole can come out and yes I put in a sole which I prefer, ventilation from the uppers is very efficient, these shoes are getting better each year.
- Love the cushioned tongue, cushioned heel for protection from shock, sizing feels normal, these are a great shoe, delighted I got these.
- These are proving spot on for my long runs, the support, the distriburion of cushion and grip given by the shoe are all top rated I give these five golden stars.
- For my achillies probelsms I call these my foot doctor shoes, they give me the comfort, support, protection and freedom to continue my distance running, absolutaly delighted.
- Had too many sizing issues so I turned to these with fingers crossed and tried a pair, it was my best choice ever, the fit is absolutatly accurate, the cushion is laid out where it should be, support is so snug and stabilizing, this is without a doubt my best shoe choice ever
- Love these, my do it all shoes, these cost a higher price but wow they are perefect and versatile, I use these for all my running both long and short.
- The cushioning seems ok but just a tad too mushy and the heel padding has shown that its not durable, I can feel a hard rubbing surface developing which will mean blisters if I keep using these.
- Every week I only put in eighteen miles but after three months the shoes are quitting, cushion is giving up, the sole is wearing out too fast, and tell tale holes are appearing, nice while the shoe worked but it gives up the ghost too quickly, not durable enough.
- I run treadmill, yet, the padding for the heel is actually wearing away? This seems so odd, I actually got blisters on my heel just from treadmill.
- Under five miles these are great, run further and along come the blisters in the heels areas and it’s because the support or cushion is not durable, even got a blister right on my left foot arch. Great to start with but these shoes go down hill quickly, not as durable as they appear or promise.
- The webbing lets down these, it is low quality and cannot hold up to long runs, I find the arch areas too narrow for me and lots of rubbing so I know that blisters will start soon unless I change shoe. The heel area started of super comfy but is also becoming worn and hard.
The XT-900 carbon rubber is great for providing durable traction. The carbon rubber is placed in high abrasion areas such as around the heel and under the big toe. Blown rubber is for the midfoot area and there are 3 flex grooves in the forefoot area for adding additional flexibility. The outsole pattern follows the natural shape of the foot, great for lightweight traction. The outsole is smooth, great for road running and a smooth transition from heel to toe.
This shoe also incorporates the HydrMax collar lining which is the synthetic lining found around the heel cup, it wicks away moisture and offers a great next to foot feeling. By warding off moisture it also helps to prevent blisters and rubbing. This design also utilizes the HRC Strobel board found just under the sockliner of the shoe, it adds additional comfort and cushioning by dissipating impact and giving the shoe a more comfortable, smoother ride.
Many runners commented on the wide toe box, something many people look for to prevent any kind of constraining feeling around the toes and also for getting nice toe splay and a good toe-off. The inner lining and tongue area are softly lined for a great next to foot feeling. The fit and material also do a great job of warding off blisters, keeping feet dry and happy. Some testers did report the shoe feeling a little tight out of the box but reported that the fit did loosen up over time.
The front of the shoe is comprised mostly of mesh which is a solid color but the rear of the foot changes up the design, between the synthetic overlays that support the Sauc-fit there is a tighter knit mesh featuring horizontal stripes, this lends the shoe a bit of an offbeat, funky look. This shoe doesn’t have a huge stack height and less midsole material makes the shoe look close to the ground.
Key Features of the Triumph 11
• SCR impact zone
• HydrMax Collar Lining
• HRC Strobel Board
One of my favorite features of this shoe is the breathability and look of the upper. The mesh on the forefoot and midfoot are great at letting air pass throughout the shoe and the rearfoot and heel cup design give this shoe an offbeat, funky look. Saucony did a great job of fitting a lot of durable comfort in this shoe.