Sol Republic Amps Air
People have been making the change from over the ear headphones to wireless earbuds for a while now. Some are even insisting on completely wireless earphones, not even a wire to connect the ears. And that’s fair. That additional wire can be too long and can bounce around on your neck, distracting you from the cadence of your run or worse, it could chafe your neck or your ears if you’re using wires. All of those things can be an irritation and will take you out of your zone. You’re able to avoid all that with a truly wireless earbud system. Sol Republic has a great product that meets these requirements and you won’t be mad at the sound either.
The Amps Air by Sol Republic is a truly wireless earbud system. They come with their own charging case, held in place by magnets. No wire to connect at any point. The case has to be plugged in but that is only once in a while as it holds up to 15 full charges of the earbuds. Four pairs of ear tips are included as well, to ensure you have the appropriate fit for your ear. A single button on either ear controls the functions of the earbud and you can even ask Siri or activate Google Now with a double tap to the earbud. Welcome to the twentieth century. These earbuds are what you’ve been looking for.
- Wireless with Bluetooth connectivity
- No external noise when wearing
- Case charges earbuds
- Sweat and rain resistant design
- Siri and Google Now with one-touch activation
- Unable to adjust volume from on-ear controls
- Great quality in comparison to other wireless earbuds on the market.
- For buyers looking for quality sound in a small package, these are a great option according to most buyers.
- There is a lot of praise for the quality bass.
- For many buyers, these live up to their expectations of Sol Republic products.
- Many reviewers say these are worth the price tag.
- The design and size work well for active people.
- The case is convenient for storing and charging.
- The case can also work as a portable charger for phones or other handheld devices.
- Reviews say the battery life is impressive; especially for the quality of sound.
- These have pairing capabilities with smart watches.
- There is a large volume range to get the level right for different settings.
- For earbuds, reviewers claim these provide a decent level of noise reduction.
- Bluetooth pairing works with android and Apple phones.
- For more versitile use, these can be pair together or the left and right individually.
- Many buyers claim they can get decent range of the connection.
- Although there are some complaints about the microphone, it is possible to use these for phone calls.
- The silicone cover creates a comfortable fit.
- The button is conveniently located and easy to activate.
- Despite the versatility in bluetooth connection, there are complaints about the overall connection capabilities.
- There are some reports that connecting to Apple watches has limited functionality.
- Some buyers are not satisfied with the strenght and range of connection.
- The placement and size of the microphone makes phone call functionality limited.
- The volume can only be controlled by device. It cannot be adjusted with the button on the earpiece.
- There are reports of volume issues within the first year.
- Some buyers say they had difficulty pairing both earbuds at the same time.
- Without a good fit, they fall out easily.
- These are not recommended for people who sweat heavily. They can easily slip out when sweaty.
- Although praised for the sound, those looking for peak audio quality, these are not recommended.
- After a few continuous hours of use, these can become uncomfortable.
- There are some reports of rub and hot spots from the material of the earpiece body.
- As described by some reviewers, you have to be careful getting these in and out of the case in order to ensure proper charging connection.
- Several buyers report static and popping noises.
- Although different gel tips are available, some people cannot find a good fit.
Ease of Use
• Bluetooth technology for connecting to your mobile phone
• Microphone built into control panel for voice calls
• Charging/carrying case for up to 15 full charges
• Truly wireless earbuds with no wires – charges in charging/carrying case
• Sculpted groove surface allows airflow to reduce sweat buildup and protect from the rain
• Outside panels on both earbuds are multifunction buttons with the same functions
Sol Republic’s Amps Air earbuds are a truly wireless system with no plugs into the actual earphones. They insert into the charging/carrying case’s molded charging bases, secured with magnets. A full charge will last for 3 hours but a fully charged case will recharge the earbuds up to 15 times for a total of 45 hours of use on a fully charged case. The separate earbuds will pair automatically once removed from the case and will pair with your mobile device when prompted.
The Amps Air earbuds are great for a workout or a good run. The 3-hour timeframe is good for almost any distance, even in the rain. The design itself reduces sweat build up and is water resistant. Take them out while you run your errands, walk your dog, or just for a good run. You’ll enjoy the quality of the audio while both listening to music and talking on the phone.