Sol Republic Amps Air
People have been making the change from over the ear headphones to wireless earbuds for a while now. Some are even insisting on completely wireless earphones, not even a wire to connect the ears. And that’s fair. That additional wire can be too long and can bounce around on your neck, distracting you from the cadence of your run or worse, it could chafe your neck or your ears if you’re using wires. All of those things can be an irritation and will take you out of your zone. You’re able to avoid all that with a truly wireless earbud system. Sol Republic has a great product that meets these requirements and you won’t be mad at the sound either.
The Amps Air by Sol Republic is a truly wireless earbud system. They come with their own charging case, held in place by magnets. No wire to connect at any point. The case has to be plugged in but that is only once in a while as it holds up to 15 full charges of the earbuds. Four pairs of ear tips are included as well, to ensure you have the appropriate fit for your ear. A single button on either ear controls the functions of the earbud and you can even ask Siri or activate Google Now with a double tap to the earbud. Welcome to the twentieth century. These earbuds are what you’ve been looking for.
- Wireless with Bluetooth connectivity
- No external noise when wearing
- Case charges earbuds
- Sweat and rain resistant design
- Siri and Google Now with one-touch activation
- Unable to adjust volume from on-ear controls
Ease of Use
• Bluetooth technology for connecting to your mobile phone
• Microphone built into control panel for voice calls
• Charging/carrying case for up to 15 full charges
• Truly wireless earbuds with no wires – charges in charging/carrying case
• Sculpted groove surface allows airflow to reduce sweat buildup and protect from the rain
• Outside panels on both earbuds are multifunction buttons with the same functions
Sol Republic’s Amps Air earbuds are a truly wireless system with no plugs into the actual earphones. They insert into the charging/carrying case’s molded charging bases, secured with magnets. A full charge will last for 3 hours but a fully charged case will recharge the earbuds up to 15 times for a total of 45 hours of use on a fully charged case. The separate earbuds will pair automatically once removed from the case and will pair with your mobile device when prompted.
The Amps Air earbuds are great for a workout or a good run. The 3-hour timeframe is good for almost any distance, even in the rain. The design itself reduces sweat build up and is water resistant. Take them out while you run your errands, walk your dog, or just for a good run. You’ll enjoy the quality of the audio while both listening to music and talking on the phone.