Sony wi-sp500 Fully Reviewed for Quality
The Sony wi-sp500 wireless earbuds are the perfect pair of headphones for those with an active lifestyle. Customers who frequent the gym or do a lot of running will appreciate the comfortable and lightweight design of them and the fact that they are sweat proof and splash proof. No need to worry about the sweat from your workout damaging your headphones. Some customers did not think they had the best sound quality when it came to strong bass, but the mids and vocals were decent. The unique look and design of the headphones may not be for everyone, but they are functional and easy to use. If you are looking for average range pair if headphones at an affordable price then the Sony wi-sp500 wireless earbuds are going to be perfect for you.
Keep reading our in-depth Sony wi-sp500 review to find out if it is worth the investment.
- Long battery life
- Decent sound quality
- Cheap price tag
- Weak sub-bass performance
- A lot of noise when talking
- For the price and size, many buyers say the sound quality is better than expected.
- These meet the basic wireless earbud needs of most buyers.
- The materials are lightweight so they don't get pulled down from your ears during activity.
- With bluetooth pairing it is easy to change songs and volume on device so no need to use the buttons on the earbuds.
- The shape of the earbud makes it easy to put in and take out.
- Most buyers who have used these for phone calls say they work well.
- These have a long battery life.
- The size and shape make these easily portable.
- These are less bulky than other wireless earbuds on the market.
- There are no reports of issues with the level of water and sweat resistant these have.
- The design allows you to stay aware of outside noises which adds a level of safety when running.
- The materials are of higher quality than some similarly priced earbuds on the market.
- The small carrying holder prevents the earbuds from banging against each other when in your bag or pocket.
- Most positive reviews come from people who use these for work or during workouts.
- Buyers say the bluetooth range is good.
- There are some reports from buyers about issues connecting to different types of devices.
- The fit of the earbud may take some time to get used to, and there are limited earbud cover sizes available.
- When not being used, these will automatically disconnect and reconnect which many buyers find frustrating.
- Some buyers complain that using these for extended periods of time causes some discomfort and ear fatigue.
- These do not come with a protective case. Buyers note it is easy to misplace the small holder.
- The controls are small and somewhat inconvenient.
- The design of having the buttons on only the right ear is inconvenient for people who are left handed.
- Although most buyers enjoy the sound quality, audiophiles will find these lacking.
- These are not noise canceling earbuds.
- Checking the battery charge can only be done on a paired device.
- The connecting wire can get caught on some materials.
- For the overall functionality, some reviewers say these are overpriced.
Other users wear them for work, sitting at their desks listening to music or taking business calls; others wear them around the house and wear them occasionally when they want to listen to some music or a podcast. There are a plethora of activities that you can use these headphones for.
They are both splash proof and sweat proof, which is excellent, especially for those that are very active and tend to sweat a lot, no need to worry about the moisture ruining the headphones. Sony wi-sp500 are perfect for those who lead an active lifestyle, as they have been designed for wireless movement. They have buttons located on the Sony wi-sp500 that allow you to operate them and control your music, so you never have to fish out your phone or other connected devices.
The Sony wi-sp500 wireless earbuds feature open-type drivers that allow you to hear the ambient noise around you as well as the music that you are listening to. Some people like that they can listen to their headphones and still be aware of the world around them. It is ideal for those who may be doing some outdoor training or those out on runs who need to be able to stay alert and aware of their surroundings.
Not everyone likes this feature, and some prefer headphones with noise isolating effects which, unfortunately, these do not.
That being said, the Sony wi-sp500 wireless earbuds do have some problems when it comes to lower bass frequencies with some customers mentioning that it almost sounds like the bass is being played underwater. If you are someone who listens to a lot of music with bass then, unfortunately, these may not be the best choice for you. The Sony wi-sp500 may not offer the best sound when it comes to songs that are heavy on the bass, but that does not mean that they are terrible.
As mentioned above, they do have pretty decent sound when it comes to vocals and mids. Many customers were willing to overlook the poor bass to have a comfortable and functional pair of headphones that fit their budget.
Some customers mentioned that these headphones do not have very good latency which means that they are not the best when watching movies or playing games.
Customers have mentioned that it is not very hard at all to get these to connect to their devices. However, they have had problems when it comes to keeping them connected. It is suggested that if you disconnect frequently, then you should turn them off and then back on again and wait for the voice prompt to tell you that the Bluetooth is connected.
Customers also appreciate the lightweight design of these earbuds. It is nice not to have to feel like you are carrying too much extra weight around your neck, and that is not something that you have to worry about when you are wearing these headphones. They weigh almost nothing which is greatly appreciated.
Some customers are not a big fan of the unique design of these earbuds as they have a sizeable cylindrical design and the tips do not go as far into the ear canal as most of the other in-ear headphones that are currently on the market. The buttons that you would use to control the Sony wi-sp500 and your music are located on the earbuds themselves, which keeps the cable plain and sleek. The only real problem with the look and design of these headphones is the fact that the buds stick out of your ears quite a bit and some customers do not like the way that looks.
Ease of Use
Using Sony wi-sp500 is also super easy. There are only a couple of buttons on the earbuds, so there is not a whole lot to learn about them. There is a rocker button on the right earbud with a plus and minus on either end of it. This button allows you to control the volume of your music as well as allow you to skip tracks if you do not like a song that is playing or restart your current song if you choose. The button on the end of the right earbud is your power button which is used, obviously, to turn the device on and off, but it is also used to pair your device, stop and play your music, and answer and hang up your phone calls.
There are no other buttons or functions that you will have to worry about when wearing these headphones.
The battery can last up to 8 hours on average, but that time is highly dependant on what you are listening to and how loud it is. If you are listening to music at dangerously high volumes and the music has a lot of basses, then the battery will not last as long as it would if you were listening to a podcast at a low to moderate volume.
The MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) of these particular headphones ring up at only $50, but as with most things, you can generally find them on sale on the internet somewhere. They do have a lower than average price tag than similar headphones on the market, but they are not going to fall apart too quickly, which is a good thing.
- Open-type drivers, so you can stay aware of the world around you
- Splash-proof and sweat proof
- 8-hour battery life
- Comes with charging cable, 2 size ear tips, and a carrying holder
- Budget-friendly price tag