Ultimate Direction AK Mountain Vest 3.0
The Ultimate Direction AK Mountain Vest 3.0 was designed with the help of the famous ultra-runner Anton Krupicka. He trains in the mountains of Colorado, and in his design, he considered everything he would want or need in a running vest. The Ultimate Direction AK Mountain Vest 3.0 is the culmination of that list. Made for the extreme runner or hiker, this vest improved on Ultimate Direction’s already quality products. It’s lighter, it has increased storage capacity and the trekking poles are moved forward for easier access, eliminating the need to awkwardly reach for them or removing the vest completely. It’s composed of materials that promote durability and breathability while still remaining lightweight.
- Plenty of forward storage, including trekking poles
- The bottle pockets can tighten which allows room for different bottles or replace one with a camera
- Improved comfort from previous models
- Doesn’t include a water bladder
- The water bottles and harness top may rub causing irritation
The rear has great storage features, too. The main compartment has dual zippers so that you can access this section from the top or the bottom. The water bladder hose can be directed either to the left or the right side. Exterior storage on the main compartment can hold extra layers or wet clothes. The bungee mesh section can be used for additional exterior storage or can be used to compress the vest if not fully in use. There are also inner hooks you can loop the bungee cord through to reduce the volume of the vest if you’re not planning on carrying a lot. There are two waterproof pockets on the rear sides to keep extra layers dry. At the base of the vest are two zipped, lateral pockets which house tightening straps, if needed. They’re also great for additional storage. They allow you to tighten the vest closer to your rib base which can help improve comfort and fit. The base also has double ice-axe loops for higher-elevation hiking.
- Small, waterproof front pockets
- Dual-access main compartment
- Rear inner bungee hooks for additional compression
- Forward trekking pole storage
- Lateral pockets for comfort adjustment and added storage
- Knit 150g Mono Mesh for comfort and load support
- 180g Darlington Power Mesh allows the fabric to stretch without tearing and promotes durability and load support
- 30D Nylon Main compartment makes the vest waterproof and protects the seams.