Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer
The Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer is a lightweight racing shoe that comes in as many colorways as you can imagine. The throwback runner was designed to act and feel like a sock without compromising the support many runners crave. It’s also made of recycled materials. Props to Nike for going the eco-conscious route with this sneaker. Each pair contains the equivalent of six plastic bottles, so you can run hard and rest easy knowing that your shoes are made of environmentally friendly materials. The racer comes in a slew of colorways for both men and women and received generally positive reviews from users. Should you check out the Mariah Flyknit? If you’ve got a race coming up or you’re hoping to check off those upcoming speedwork sessions on your calendar, the Flyknit Racer may be worth considering. Our review lets you know why that’s the case.
- Comfortable, true to size fit
- Responsive midsole cushioning
- Attractive design
- Feels like wearing no shoe at all
- Durable outsole
- Good arch support
- A few found the shoe a bit narrow
- Some found the midsole a bit rigid
- What brought me to this shoe is the color choices which are so vibrant, next up came the comfort, I use these each day and comfort is super, to get a good looking shoe in such a choice of colors and total comfort, thats enough, I love this shoe and its style.
- Speed, speed and more speed, I can in these, they are light enough that even when my legs are tired the absence of weight from the shoe is so good, for cushion I don’t think these can be beat, the cushion is designed to be exactly where my feet need. Used to hate stinky sweaty socks and smelly shoes, that's in the past, I like everything about these shoes.
- Immediately I was taken with how well the shoe fits me, I know it’s a cliche to say it fits like a sock but it actually does. I like this flyknit materials, its comfortable, does not irritate and my feet breath well, 5 stars for these.
- 10 out of ten for breath ability, the uppers deliver on cool feet with minimal sweat even after I do some intense long runs, it’s nice to finish a run without stinky sweaty socks, I love this material, all shoes should have it.
- I put these on, so light, I ran a few miles, still feel light, this shoe has me as a fan, I can use it for racing because it works so well, the makers turned out a top class shoe, I’m smitten. As for the design, simply fantastic.
- The shoes has good features but right at the front from my thinking it must be the amazing comfort, the shoe is so light and though it’s light its a durable shoe, I can say hand on heart this is the best shoe for comfort that I have tried…….so far.
- Totally impressed by the response in this shoe, the level of spring actually helps my run a lot, underfoot I have found this shoe has been designed to literally respond and carry me lightly, never met a shoe so good.
- When I got the shoe, I noted how light it is and actually thought, ok, so durability wise it won’t last long. 7 months later, wear is minimal, the sole is solid and still giving perfect traction, uppers are showing signs of wear but no where near what I have seen in other shoes. I got a good pair of shoes for my bucks here.
- For running and I mean running with speed these are the business but they are great for casual to, I took it a step further, I have two pairs but different colors, one for running and one for casual because these give lots of comfort and the style is so hot.
- Had lots of sizing problems with other shoes but not with these, slipped my foot in and perfect right from the word go. I can’t take the wider shoe, it feels like running in sandals, these hold my foot nicely and the response is useful and gets me going.
- After a few months I had a hole appear in the forefoot, I know I pound out the miles but I really thought these shoes would be more durable. Annoying thing is the rest of the shoe is good, it’s just that one hole. Still thinking is it durability or freaky defect in just this pair? I can run in these so I will see how it goes.
- I love the shoe but it felt narrow, continued to use it for about one month but it got too much, my feet started aching and cramping up because they don’t have enough room. I have to look for wider and I don’t think these come in a wide version.
- The shoe is ok for 3 or 4 hours wearing but if I wear it all day, work or casual I can feel that the underfoot is causing my feet to ache, it gets to me needing to take of the shoe for a break, it’s a pity because I like the style and color but I just can; t get long term comfort.
- The shoe felt slightly narrow when I got it and I liked it so much I just thought it needs breaking in and that the shoe will stretch just enough but sadly that's not the case. Great shoe but just too narrow for my feet.
Most found the shoe true to size and felt that the Racer fit better than other similarly categorized Nike brand shoes. A few users had issues with the width of the shoe, citing it as too narrow. And it's true that the Nike Mariah isn't a great shoe for wide footed runners. Despite the snug fit for some, users mentioned that they found the FlyKnit material stretchy and forgiving.
Sure, a few found the Mariah a little rigid underfoot and some felt the shoe was a bit narrow, but these commenters were largely in the minority.
The best part, though? You can design your own Nike Mariah Racer with Nike's design tool. The silhouette looks attractive enough on its own that it's easy to choose from a variety of colors and end up with a beautiful shoe in the end.
Thankfully, although the design is inspired by a sock that doesn't mean you're running in one. The Nike shoe features a decent amount of Zoom Air midsole cushioning and a durable outsole as the first protective component underfoot. The sock-like fit isn't just a comfort thing, either. The Mariah fits snugly like a sock so you, the wearer, don't move around as you speed by like the wind. The breathable Flyknit upper fabric also works to keep your foot temp under control so you can move fast without worrying about your feet catching fire.
- Available in a 'design your own' option
- Flyknit upper
- QuickLace system
- Sock-like design
- Nike Zoom Air cushioning
- Web tread outsole
Reviewers agreed that the Mariah is wholly comfortable, true to size, and despite a select few complaining of a narrow fit, its design was a big hit. Feel like going barefoot because you want to feel the freedom of shedding your shoes but don't quite want to risk injury or accidental impalement? The Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer is an excellent choice.