10 Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles Tested
Dealing with foot pain because of Plantar Fasciitis? Checkout our Full Comparison and Guide on what plantar fasciitis Insoles to pick to relieve your pain
Searching For The Best Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis
Experiencing painful problems with plantar fasciitis? It is, unfortunately, a problem which affects a lot of runners out there. However, one thing that can often help out as a useful treatment for that problem, instead of purchasing a new pair of running shoes, is finding a replacement shoe insert to provide the correct type of support. The best suitable insoles for this condition are ones that will effectively help to realign your feet to a neutral position, helping to counter the painful effects of plantar fasciitis, offer the arch support and comfort which your foot needs. However, these insoles are meant to be used in addition to a good and proper shoe, in order to provide good support in maintaining correct posture. Nowadays, there are many inserts which are available on the market. We will take a look at the top ten, finding the one that provides the best support, especially if you spend most of your days on your feet.
10 Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
4 different arch heights to choose from
Stride Insoles by Tread Labs
The low profile design and durable polyurethane foam build make these an ideal choice for those who are looking for a long distance solution, mile after mile.
Here is a video on how Treadlabs insoles deal with Plantar Fasciitis
4 different arch heights to choose from
Shoe Bubble - SOUL Insole
Going for slightly less cost than others, these will give solid enough support, as well as correct positioning, to last all day.
The compact size also allows minimal change to the interior fit of your running shoes. There isn't need for concern over changes in the forefoot spacing or potential irritation points in the heel.
Being that we tested these out on the road, we can honestly say that this product is definitely worth serious consideration.
Will not minimize room in the forefoot, nor present irritating spots in the heel
Easy to swap into other shoes
Able to be used under existing removable insoles
Ideal for issues such as plantar fasciitis
Some thought they would be a bit smaller.
Powerstep Pinnacle Orthodontic
Powerstep ProTech Full Length
Syono Orthotic Gel
Tender Soles Plantar Fasciitis Gel
Dr. Scholl’s Active Series
Airplus Plantar Fasciitis Orthotic
Airr Sof Sole Comfort Shock Absorption
What Is Plantar Fasciitis, And How Can It Actually Affect Me ?
To put it simply, plantar fasciitis is basically the inflammation of the plantar fascia. There are many different factors which can lead up to this particular condition, but some of the most common causes include weight gain, continuous prolonged standing over a period of time, and even other conditions such as overpronation. All of these situations tend to consistently put the plantar fascia under stress, causing inflammation.
In fact, this is one of the most common reasons that peoples have for different kinds of heel pain, including heel spurs. Since this ligament’s job is to span from the ball of the foot back to the heel, providing shock absorption and support to the arch, inflammation and unsupported stress can wreak havoc on the foot’s normal function. Orthotic insoles, however, can provide the support and control needed to help counter and treat this painful condition. In such cases, insoles prove to be very helpful and will offer the needed support to by the feet, hence getting rid of pain related to the feet.
As we grow old so does our feet get weaker and hence the following medical conditions will pop up : wrong foot positioning, upper & lower pains in the back, bunions, heel spurs, arthritis, heel pain and general knee pain. With the right insoles your feet will be able to get the additional support it needs in dealing with the above medical conditions and prevent them also.The insole plays an important role in the comfortability of the running shoes.
Things You Should Know Choosing The Right Insoles To Help With the pain
In order to provide the very best and most appropriate treatment for your feet, here are a few things that you may want to consider.
- It is almost always a good idea to do your own research, choosing different options and narrowing the choices down to the most appropriate insole for your own condition.
- If possible, don’t just go with what seems to be the cheapest option. Your focus should on finding an insole which properly supports your feet, and fully serves the purpose that you need it to.
- To get an even better idea of which product would the most helpful one, it may be a good idea to get a complete diagnosis of your foot or feet. That would eliminate any guessing, giving you the full picture of the kind of support that you really need.
Common Complaints With Orthotic Inserts
- Some have a slightly longer Breaking-in period: A lot of people realize that strong arch supports are not always able to easily adjust, requiring a bit more time for the wearer to become familiar or comfortable with walking or running in them.
- Some custom inserts can get a bit expensive. Some people may feel that their money might be better spent by investing in several types of shoes with good arch support, that may last longer.
- There are some studies about durability which spark concern. Because insoles have direct contact with your feet all day, every day, these insoles tend to wear down fast, making it necessary to replace them with a newer pair, sooner rather than later.
We have shown you what the highest rated options are for orthotic insoles, now we want to take you through some of the studies and evidence that shows insoles to be an effective tool for the treatment and care of this painful issue, as well as some other conditions that you may be experiencing with your feet.
Group Studies and Statistics
There have been many studies done over the years which consist of the orthotic’s successful incorporation into their test groups. It has been found that issue specific insoles are an appropriate treatment option, which can be prescribed to you by a healthcare professional to help remedy your problems which are related to plantar fasciitis.
According to multiple research studies, it was reported that inserts which were prefabricated were likely to provide reclamation in symptoms more than with a custom device. Actually, the orthotic groups which wore the prefabricated product incorporated a stretching habit and prefabricated insert. The final study was reported that, though they are slightly more expensive, purchasing the appropriate insole can result in successfully returning to a better, more comfortable running life.
ADVANTAGES OF WEARING INSOLES
- As mentioned above, the insoles on this list can also provide great benefits for anyone suffering from heel pain, Achilles tendinitis or other related foot issues that may put a damper on their running.
- You can typically use them in any type of shoe – boots, running shoes, casual footwear as well as a variety of arch support slippers.
- The deeper heel cup in a good orthotic offers comfort, added shock absorption and for each step you take and supports to reduce the overall stress on your foot, knees and ankles. This is especially useful for those who are looking to improve their condition.
- Depending on your particular foot condition, they relieve pain over time, and sometimes very quickly. The sufferers have documented their experience and continue using prefabricated orthotics.
- Aftermarket insoles such as Superfeet Insoles are often much better than those that come included with your footwear, which probably do very little to help and may actually exacerbate your condition.
- Instead of buying new shoes, you may just need to replace the insole with plantar fasciitis inserts which can also help you save money, especially if you tend to buy higher priced shoes.
Criteria Used in Selecting Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
Running can be the most fun activity to do since it is said to be theraputical,clears the brain and helps us keep fit,and we wouldn’t want you to stop experiencing that, We clearly know that all buyers have questions in their mind when going out there to look for something to purchase, well that is when we step in ,we come up with a list of the best, but not only do we do that but we also let you know which factors we put in mind when picking our best. We want the best to actually be the best out there. We make you see the product through us we maintain value as one of the key elements that drive us.
Listed down are some of the metrics we came up with to help you choose and make you know what you need to consider before getting one of the insoles.
This pretty much cuts across all purchases be it clothes or shoes.in this case comfort really matters, this is the insole of your shoes, you do not want to chaff or in a worst case scenario an injury due to bad choice of insoles. when you have tired and maybe achy feet it may be as a result of no support or very minimal support from the insoles if you go and get insoles that do not provide relief of the comfort it means that you need to go out there and get a more firmer support or go see a doctor who can help in such cases and sometimes you can go for the support style instead of comfortable style.this solely depends on how your feet feels inside the shoes after buying either the support or the comfort insole. Always remember comfort results after a good fit and well support is achieved,it is the end result of them. Make sure the insole you pic fits perfectly in the shoe of your choice, make sure it offers a breathing space to prevent stuffiness that can result to uncomfortability.
The design and shape of the insole will determine the level of support that you get. But the sole material is also crucial. Different manufacturers will prefer different types for their insoles but whatever you choose should be soft and breathable to keep your feet comfortable. Also, it important to make sure that the material is semi-pliable and still sturdy enough to ensure that it can withstand your weight.A common worry for runners is the impact that occurs whenever their foot-pounds the ground and of the relatable injuries that may arise due to the force created. Impact force delivers a shock energy to the runners’ feet that may later cause problems and injuries to the runner in the long run if not taken care of a material that absorbs the energy of the forces is needed. Also the Get a good air circulation material that will prevent sweating and will be there to serve for long.do your research before going out there to do any purchase.
Different people have different type of arches, some have high,others flat or low arches are specifically designed for additional support ones arch. Arch support is one of the vital reasons why runners go for this insoles so your choice of insoles should be having enough this. consider the design of the insole as well as the material since theses two factors are the things that will provide good and stable support. Also have in mind that the shape of your leg will determine greatly the the right arch support that your feet wants. Do not forget to involve you physician or you shoe consultant when going for insoles for your condition . The best insoles should support your arch so your foot doesn’t flatten out. This comes without saying, a well arch support shoe brings stability and helps prevent unnecessary injuries that might arise. Straight arch support is considered uncomfortable for many runners since it prevents the foot from normal flexing.
The sign of relief that should come first is that of treating plantar fasciitis with a well cushioned shoe which provides a shock absorbing feature that helps when you run or are even walking , look for inserts that are functional and can keep you feet comfortable and help take care of any stinging places in the feet, You need a well-cushioned insole to give you the general fit in a shoe. This also makes the shoe more comfortable and makes you more stable, hence can help with shock absorption in case it is needed.
This should be considered when getting an insole since the overall fit will be determined with the insole. Size or fit is an important factor that you should remember when shopping for such insoles. If the insole is not the right fit, it can make the problem worse for you and so you should be keen with this. before fitting the insole in the shoe it is important to stand on the insole when it is outside the shoe,then try balancing when you have one foot up and see if it fits ,this is vital since you will know how stable you feel and perhaps the pressure it exerts and the support it gives.after this it is now time to try the insole in the shoe to see how it feels or fits, always remember to remove the stock insoles .at this point you are making your feet asses the feel ,support and general fit. make sure the insole takes the right amount of volume should not be too much or too little.just perfect. most cases the size charts do help in finding the perfect fit here.Good luck!
Additional important metrics to take into consideration
Choosing the wrong orthotic can actually cause more pain. It’s important to get the right type of inserts in the first place, and then to make sure that it suits your purpose. The insoles are very helpful when dealing with such foot problem, but it is still important to choose the best. There are more than enough alternatives available in the market, but not all have what it takes to support your feet and to heal you. And so it is always important to know what to look for so as to get the best insoles for plantar fasciitis.
These are some of the factors to consider. We have been able to put them down and tried to make you understand why we think you need to consider them as well.
However much we would like to ignore this Price is important when we talk of this type of insoles, and especially when you need to make an extra purchase. however most of them are not quite expensive so it is crucial to pick one that is comfortable, supportive and is within range of your pocket. Also, it is always important to check for the customers reviews and questions on the same insoles so just you can be a step ahead when making purchase .information is power so they say.But, we can all agree price plays a big role to us making a purchase of something we tend to think cheap is expensive and at times we go for products because of the brand but don’t think that the price always means that one type is better than the other.please consider the function and features before you get to the price part.
Who doesn’t want something that is long lasting? At least we do! That why we feel that you need to put that in mind as well when getting the insoles. You need to pick a material that is long lasting, that will not wear and tear easy, this saves money and also time. We want you to be the best at what you do. Go runner!
There are several things that a person can do in order to reduce the knee pain or nay form of pain in the leg they are experiencing. Knee pain can be caused by an injury or just arthritis. Below are some good tips that an athlete can follow to deal with knee pains.
- Avoid Resting too much: too much body rest will weaken the body muscles, which in turn will increase the joint pain. Consult with your doctor on which workout exercise will suit you and also be safe for ones injured leg or knee. Then stick to the program till you are fully recovered. Your doctor or a professional physical therapist will give a guideline the type of motions and the number of motions to make.
- Work out more often: the cardio exercises and workouts are good for strengthening the leg muscles that offer support to your knee. The workouts also increase the flexibility of your injured leg/ knee. . Weight training with a little stretching also is important. Some good choices of the cardio exercises are: swimming, taking a walk, doing water aerobics, going for stationary cycling or working out on an elliptical machines. If you can get access to Tai chi sessions even the better.
- Do not be afraid to risk falling: when you have an injured knee that is both painful and unstable you have very high chances of falling down. Falling down can cause additional damage to your already injured leg.to avoid chances of falling down make sure there are no obstacles in the way, the house has good lighting, always when using the staircases hold on the hand rails, .and always ask for help.
- Make sure that you use the Rest Ice Compression and Elevation “RICE” strategy: the strategy is very effective for dealing with knee pain or any type of leg injury. Make sure that the leg or knee gets some rest, then apply ice on it to minimize the swelling. After that keep your knee in an elevated angel after wearing a compression sock or bandage.
- Check on your weight: if you are overweight then the extra weight will worsen the healing process of your leg. Try shedding off some weight. You can start a fitness program to start reducing weight.
- Do not be afraid to use walking aids: always make sure that you carry a cane or crutch to reduce the weight stress on your knee. Other aids are knee braces and night splints.
- Give acupuncture a shot: This is a type of the traditional Chinese medical treatment, entails inserting very fine needles onto certain body points, very effective in reducing body pain.
- Get the right shoes: pick shoes that have cushioned insoles which will reduce the amount stress on the injured leg. Consult with your doctor on the appropriate shoes to get.
- Getting Professional Advice and checkups: make sure that you always go for physical checkups to monitor the healing process of the injured leg. Also it will give the physician a chance to check if the treatment procedures is helping in the healing process or worsening the situation. And make sure you follow all the instructions that you have been instructed to follow by the doctor.
Generally, when going for insoles with this type of condition do not only look for one that gives you some relief from you pain but find one that can help you heal in the process. do a lot of research before going to the store to get yourself one,have a list of comparison to pick from. Our guide offers the best types of shoe insoles out there and makes it easier for you since it gives out clear rules and important facts that you need to have in mind before shopping. Make no mistake we always got you covered.
We’ll leave you with a few questions that you may want to ask yourself went shopping for a shoe insole which is best suit your needs:
Q. What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
A. Plantar fasciitis is basically the inflammation of the plantar fascia. There are many different factors which can lead up to this particular condition, but the most frequent and common causes include weight gain, continuous prolonged standing over a period of time, and even other conditions such as over pronation. All of these situations tend to consistently put the plantar fascia under stress, causing inflammation.
In fact, this is one of the most common reasons that peoples have for different kinds of heel pain, including heel spurs. Since this ligament’s job is to span from the foot’s ball, back to the heel, providing shock absorption and support needed by the arch, inflammation and unsupported stress can wreak havoc on the foot’s normal function. Orthotic insoles, however, can provide the support and control needed to help counter and treat this painful condition.
Q: What kind of footwear are you going to use the insoles with?
A. It is important to figure out whether or not the shoes are appropriately compatible with your chosen insoles.
Q: Does the insole provide the correct type of support for your particular feet?
A. For example if your plantar fasciitis is partly caused by over pronation, it is vital that the product you pick provides the right amount of control and support. the orthotic insoles have been designed to give the foot arch a specific support, even though the insoles can also offer the same amount of support needed by the leg’s heel or the metatarsal only if it is necessary. The shoe insoles are designed specifically to posses a full or 1/2 rigged profile, for it to provide support. It also increases the foot’s hence have more proper motion control especially when taking a walk.
Q: Will the product last through your specific activities?
A. If you are a runner, hiker, or generally athletic person, your insoles need to be produced with enough quality to last. It would completely defeat the purpose of the product and take away from any treatment which was supposed to be received if the insoles fell apart during use.
Q: How do i determine the sizing of my Orthotic insole?
A. Each shoe size is different and therefore requires an insole size that will suit its size. insoles come in full lengths, 3/4 lengths. Though the fill ones need to be trimmed so that they can easily fit into the desired size that will fit into the trainers. There are some universal insoles, which can be used with literally every trainer but then there those insoles that are custom made to suit only a particular running sneaker. when you buy an insole make sure the size fits into your foot wear perfectly, to avoid this its good to get the full length ones so that you can just trim it to fit the footwear. there versatility makes the, the most preferred replacement shoe insoles in the market, also the fact that they can be used with any type of shoes makes them ideal to be used by any type of athlete or runner.
Q: Are you shopping with your feet or your budget in mind?
A. There are many things that are okay to purchase based on price alone. However, when it comes to your physical well-being, it is important to consider the benefits of a product first and the price second. Not all suitable insoles are going to be expensive, just like not all of them will be super cheap. You really have to make your decision based on what is the best possible treatment for you.
Here are some sources we used while conducting our research
There are the main points to think about when shopping around for good products to treat your condition. This is an issue that can create more of a problem if left unattended, so it is really important to take your time and be thorough with this one.