10 Best ASICS Running Socks Evaluated and Reviewed
ASICS is a well-known fitness industry leader with a large line of high-quality athletic apparel and shoes. In terms of running socks, ASICS running socks are among the best you can buy because of intuitive features and comfort, which you’ll need if you plan on running regularly or during an endurance race. It can be overwhelming to pick out which running sock is the best for your unique running preferences, whether you need additional arch support or more blister protection.
Because ASICS offers so many distinctive socks in different styles, lengths, sizes, and colors, it would take you a long time to try out each running sock and to determine which one is your favorite. We’ve completed a lot of this evaluation process for you with our top ten list of ASICS running socks. We’ve looked through industry publications, customer reviews, and each sock’s specs to figure out which ones are the best. Use this list as a guide when it comes time to buy a pair of ASICS running socks.
- Kayano Single Tab
- Anatomical fit
- Intensity Quarter
- Moisture control
- Women's Cushion Low-Cut
- Good cushioning
10 Best ASICS Running Socks
1. Kayano Single Tab
ASICS Kayano Single Tab Socks are available in sizes from extra small to extra large. Because of the elastic feel of these socks, they tend to run a little small with some added stretch to them. The Y heel greatly improves the overall fit, and they come in anatomically correct left and right sock versions.
ASICS Kayano Single Tab Socks are made of materials that have a little bit of stretch, but are good at holding their shape. The inclusion of Polyester SoftAir makes them more durable while maintaining foot comfort. Nylon NanoGLIDE reduces friction to prevent blisters and other abrasions.
ASICS Kayano Single Tab Socks are made of Nylon and Nylon NanoGLIDE, Polyester SoftAir and a little bit of Spandex. They are available in a single color. Each sock is specifically designed to fit a left or a right foot.
In terms of value, these socks offer the most value as a general running sock. If you run on a regular basis as a part of your daily workout or in a weekly routine, then these socks will help you stay comfortable and avoid common problems like blisters. They should be used as the primary sock in your running gear collection while turning to other options when you have a heavily specialized need for them.
- Anatomical design provides a better fit for most runners
- Design provides added support across the arch and heel
- Tab design keeps socks out of shoes
- Anatomical fit may not fit well on some runners with more unusual foot shapes
- Sizes can run tight for most runners relying on the added stretch to get a snug fit
- Very limited number of styles and colors available
2. Intensity Quarter
The Intensity Quarter Socks are available in sizes up to extra large. These socks have a thicker weave that will make them feel tighter than their size. A seamless toe, Y heel, and added sole padding make these socks significantly more comfortable.
The Intensity Quarter Socks are designed to control moisture buildup as you run. Added padding across the sole and around the arches gives you the extra support your feet need to be comfortable. The extended quarter cuff provides ankle protection while running.
They are made of Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex. Each sock has a quarter sized cuff that should reach up high enough to cover the runner’s ankle. Moisture control fabrics and ventilation help reduce the amount of moisture across your feet.
These socks are best used by runners that need a bit of extra running support in colder weather or in hard sole shoes. These shoes will add the extra protection for your ankles needed to wear taller running shoes.
- Ankle protection makes running in different locations more enjoyable
- Thicker design adds shock absorption support and improves your endurance
- Moisture control keeps your feet healthier and more comfortable
- Thicker design may be too tight in thicker shoes
- Quarter design does not appeal to all runners
- These socks run a little tight
3. Women's Cushion Low-Cut
The Cushion Low-Cut Socks do not run large or small. They fit very close to the size indicated on the package. The large pack is for sizes 10 and higher for reference. The cushioning in these socks is soft and durable which makes them feel lightweight and supportive.
They are made with a moisture control design that helps keep your feet dry to prevent rubbing. The lip of the sock has a tab to keep it from sliding into your shoes. The cushioning around the entire sock is dense but light to maintain a good feel and provide support where it is needed.
The Cushion Low-Cut Socks are made mostly of Acrylic with Polyester and Spandex added in for flexibility. There are two color collections available that come in packs of three. The sole is cushioned for added comfort and support.
In terms of value, these socks are best used for daily exercise or daily living without shoes. You can easily wear these socks on a regular basis without wearing them out. They also make a great alternative to regular socks for non-running activities. For running, the added cushioning will act as a shock absorber to help you maintain your foot health.
- Cushioning makes these socks great for daily wear
- Fun colors help you stay excited about exercising
- Tab keeps your sock out of your shoe
- Low-cut design does not appeal to everyone
- Color options are all bright which may not fit most runners’ personal styles
- Improper drying can shrink these socks
4. Women's Intensity Single Tab
These socks fit snuggly, but they stretch into a comfortable size when you put them on. The cushioning helps to soften impacts while running. These socks feel somewhat thin although they appear thicker than they are when you first open the package.
The Intensity Single Tab Running Socks are made of moisture wicking materials to pull moisture away from your feet. They are available in two color packs with light and dark themes. Extra support is sewn into the arches to keep your feet in the right shape for added comfort. Lace pad cushioning is used to improve the feel and support of these socks.
The ASICS Women's Intensity Single Tab Running Socks are made out of Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex. They come in packs of three, and have lace pad cushioning. The Y heel and arch support make them a more comfortable running option.
These socks are best used for daily exercise and urban running. Their thinness may not be as effective at keeping dirt out, but the cushioning makes them effective on hard surfaces. For the cost, adding these to your daily routine is cost-effective and can make a significant improvement in your comfort through daily exercise.
- Cost-effective option for exercise gear
- Light cushioning adds comfort without slowing you down
- Moisture control is great for running on hotter paved surfaces
- Cushioning may not be as much as some runners like
- Stretchy feel may not reach the most comfortable size for some feet
- Thinness can cause premature wear under intense conditions
5. Unisex Cushion Low Cut
The ASICS Cushion Low Cut run snug as they stretch to fit your feet. The sole has extra cushioning while the top uses a mesh construction for venting. The lip is just thick enough to keep the sock from sliding without being too bulky.
This sock is made with a moisture control design both wicks moisture away and uses venting to improve breathability. The thin design throughout allows you to maintain a minimal feel while getting just enough support. The sole has cushioning all the way across to provide just enough arch and heel support.
The Unisex Cushion Low Cut is made of Polyester with a little bit of Spandex. They are available in black, grey, and white. The lip has a V cut that lets it comfortably go below your ankle without dipping deep into the shoe.
In terms of value, these socks provide an excellent option for daily minimal running. They provide just enough support to keep you comfortable without changing the overall feel of your run. For the price, they make a strong alternative to barefoot running or other minimalist options.
- Design is good for minimalist running on a daily basis
- Simple colors easily match other gear choices.
- Sole cushioning makes running more comfortable without changing the feel
- Minimal design may not appeal to many runners looking for more features
- Moisture control works well despite the thin design
- V cut lip may not fit all runners comfortably
6. Unisex Intensity Low Cut Socks
The Intensity Low Cut Socks are available in sizes up to large. They are oversized to help compensate for the additional padding. However, they may fit snuggle based on the shoes that you wear and your foot type.
These socks have additional cushioning on the soles to add shock absorption and support. Added arch support bands and heel padding greatly improve the overall feel and performance of your feet at high speeds. With a modest weight, they also allow your feet to move more freely.
The ASICS Unisex Intensity Low Cut Socks are made out of Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex. High density lace padding is used to add cushioning to the entire sock.
These socks are one of the best options for sprinting and high speed running over shorter distances. While they have additional padding that is good for reducing foot wear, these benefits may only last for shorter distances. On those shorter distances, they are exceptional at supporting your feet the way you need them to.
- Add support is exceptional at improving comfort over short distances
- High density padding is extra supportive
- Snug fit adds slight compression
- Additional support may not be effective over longer distances
- Snug fit may not be appealing to some users
- Limit color options may not appeal to all runners
7. Women's Hera Deux Single Tab Low Cut
The Hera Deux Single Tab Low Cut Socks are designed to fit slightly large so that your feet are not overly compressed when working out. That way, you still have flexibility in all directions. These socks will also shrink slightly as you wash them to reach the perfect fit size.
They have a low cut design with an offset V cut to open up around your ankle. The Y heel adds comfort for your heel fit. The entire sock is seamless to prevent rubbing and blisters.
The Hera Deux Single Tab Low Cut Socks are made of Nylon, Microlon, and Spandex. They are available in one dark color design. The construction is seamless which makes them have a better all-around feel. Material choices prevent odor buildup during workouts.
A great choice for gym workouts. The support that you need and have the right combination of features for slower activities that require less running distance. If you do a lot of weightlifting or other activities, then these socks will be a better running sock alternative than most other options while still being effective for running.
- Simple design makes them an effective choice for workouts with light cardio
- Slightly large design adds comfort and flexibility
- Material choices prevent or slow odor buildup during workouts
- No moisture control feature makes them less appealing for distance running
- Shrinkage in the dryer can impact the overall fit
- Limited color options may not appeal to all runners
8. Women's Quick Lyte Single Tab
These socks are available in sizes up to large. The lightweight design lets them stretch to fit your foot comfortably. Single tab design avoids rubbing on ankles while keeping socks out of your shoes.
The ASICS Women's Quick Lyte Single Tab Socks are designed to be lightweight and thin. Integrated mesh designs reduce odor buildup, static buildup, and moisture buildup. The single tab design helps to protect your ankle from unwanted rubbing.
The Quick Lyte Single Tab Socks are made of Nylon, Polyester, and Spandex. They are available in four color groups. Moisture control and venting designs also help with odor and static control to make them more comfortable.
In terms of value, these socks are a great option for sports that involve running, but may not be the primary focus like soccer or baseball. They offer many of the features that thicker running socks provide, but in a thinner and lighter weight design for greater comfort.
- Multiple control features prevent many of the common problems that women face with sports socks
- Lightweight design reduces foot fatigue
- Single tab design prevents ankle problems while keeping socks in place
- Thin design won’t provide as much support as other options
- Low cut design may not be effective for some sports that generally use taller socks
- Design may not be as effective for long distance running
9. Women's Invasion No Show
The Invasion No Show Socks are available in sizes up to extra large. They are designed to fit snugly without being tight. Added cushioning on the bottom also helps them stay comfortable while maintaining a medium weight and neutral feel.
These socks have the classic low cut design with few design changes in frills. However, they have added cushioning across the soles to improve shock absorption and protection. The tops are vented for breathability as well as improved odor control.
The ASICS Women's Invasion No Show Socks are made of Nylon, Polyester, and Spandex. The toe is seamless with prevents rubbing. They use a two zone construction method where the sole is completely covered in padding and the top is a vented mesh construction. Moisture management features in the design help to prevent moisture and odor buildup over time.
In terms of value, these socks are best used for everyday normal and workout use when you need a reliable sock without a lot of complicated features. If you are looking for a sock that is simple to be your normal wear socks, then these socks are one of the better options since they cut out much of the complexity of finding socks. With the classic design, they also fit in as a daily wear sock that you can also run in.
- Classic design is versatile and serves well as a daily goto sock
- Modern features greatly improve the overall performance over older sock options
- Medium construction and padding add comfort while not impeding workouts
- Classic design may appear bland for some runners
- Classic design may not offer as much comfort for some runners due to the lake of structural changes and features
- Sizes may run tight due to older, less anatomical designs
10. Unisex Nimbus Single Tab
The ASICS Unisex Nimbus Single Tab Socks are designed using similar anatomical left and right foot options that contour to your feet. This greatly improves the comfort and focuses support to the areas where it is most needed. Anatomical foot designs greatly improve support efficiency and comfort over long workout periods.
The Nimbus Single Tab Socks are designed to have a better fit by matching the contours of your feet. Improved padding across the sole, as well as support bands for arches improve overall foot performance. The inclusion of anti-friction and moisture control materials eliminate many of the common problems that runners' face.
The Unisex Nimbus Single Tab Socks are made with Nanoglide anti-friction yarn to prevent rubbing that can lead to blisters. Dryarn also adds a level of moisture control that when combined with ventilation and anti-friction yarn greatly reduces the chances of foot abrasions and blisters.
If you do a lot of cardio and other exercises, these socks are perfect for you. They provide effective support in all situations which make them a great option for any kind of workout. At the available prices, they are worth the investment to improve your comfort and performance during workouts.
- Anatomical design is great for improving comfort and reducing sliding
- Anti-friction materials greatly reduce the chances of forming blisters
- Moisture control keeps your feet clean and dry for longer which improves your comfort
- Socks can be a bit pricier than other options despite the additional features
- Anatomical designs may not be the best fit for some foot types
- Added cushioning may make these fit tightly for some sizes
The Criteria We Used to Find the Best ASICS Running Socks
ASICS running socks are available in many different styles, sizes, and fits. We needed criteria to evaluate each pair against to determine which one ranked best. We narrowed down the criteria to four categories: Size, Features, Specs, and Value.
Not all socks come in all sizes. If you have large or small feet, you’ll need to know if each pair of running socks comes in your particular size. We’ve detailed each pair’s size and fit considerations.
Specs refer to how the ASICS running socks are constructed. This includes the fabric and the construction itself.
Value evaluates each sock based on its price relative to other ASICS socks, competitor socks, and the type of features it has. For many socks, you’ll need to consider the price per pair versus the price per package if it contains multiple pairs.
Other Important Factors to Consider
In addition to these four criteria, there are other important factors to consider in your purchasing decision of ASICS running socks. You want to make sure that you get the right pair the first time and minimize your chance of picking the wrong pair. Two important considerations include moisture-wicking properties and return policies.
Above all other features, any running socks you buy should have moisture-wicking properties to keep your feet dry. Sweaty, wet feet are uncomfortable and can encourage blisters. Having blisters can keep you home and away from running. Synthetic materials are ideal to keep moisture away, though some socks are better designed to remove moisture than others.
If you’re buying your running socks online, make sure to check the return policy of the retailer. If the socks you buy don’t fit or you don’t like them, you’ll want to know if you can return them. Many retailers won’t accept returns on socks that have already been worn.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need running socks?
A: Yes. If you wear your regular cotton socks while running, you are more likely to get blisters than if you wear socks designed for running.
Q: Which are the best ASICS running socks for me to choose?
A: This depends on what you need in a running sock. If you are prone to blisters, choose a pair that offers extra blister protection. If you need additional support for flat feet, a pair with added arch support could help.
Q: What material are the running socks made from?
A: Most running socks are made from a synthetic blend that wick away sweat.
Q: What size do I need?
A: Some of the socks have four different sizes, while others come in a “one size fits all” model. Make sure to read the fine print to ensure they will fit. Many of the socks have options from women’s size 5 to 11.
Q: How can socks prevent blisters?
A: Running socks can prevent blisters with moisture wicking fabric that prevents friction. Other features, such as tabs that protect your heels and extra cushioning, can also help.
Q: How often do I need to replace my ASICS running socks?
A: Much like running shoes, socks should be replaced every 300 to 500 miles. Depending on how many pairs of running socks you have, the length of time will vary.
- Men's Socks, Company Website, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- Women's Socks, Company Website, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- 10 Best Athletic Socks For Running, KEEPINSPIRING.ME, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- Perfect Match, Runner's World, Apr 11, 2011 ,
- The 10 Best Running Socks for Spring, Complex.com, Apr 04, 2013 ,
- ASICS run sock buying guide, Wiggle.co, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- Seven Best Running Socks in 2017, Blog, Mar 09, 2016 ,
- 8 BEST RUNNING SOCKS (2018 UPDATE), Authority Running, Jan 13, 2018 ,