Fitbit introduces their first smartwatch on the market with the Ionic. Fitbit is known for amazing fitness trackers and when they moved over to try their hand at a smartwatch, they kept to their roots. The Ionic may be lacking in some of the qualities you would expect from a smartwatch, but if you are looking for a superior fitness tracker then the Ionic is where it is at. Fitbit does it again with the Ionic. You can do everything that you could do on older Fitbit’s, like track your steps, heart rate, sleep, and calories burned, but you get so much more with the Ionic. You can now go swimming with your Fitbit, as the Ionic is water resistant up to 50 meters. Customers love that they can finally wear their trackers in the pool. They revamped their design a little and improved the heart rate monitor on the underside of the tracker to help you get a better, more reliable read of your heart rate. The Ionic may not look the most elegant or fancy, but it has customizable watch faces and interchangeable bands to make the watch more unique to each person. The addition of onboard storage for music and built-in GPS means that you can leave your phone at home when you are running or working out; it is just one less thing to carry on your person. Customers have fallen in love with the Ionic!
- Stores music and allows you access to your Pandora playlists
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Small and Large size bands
- Personalized fitness coaching
- Good battery life
- Built-in GPS
- Integrated Apps
- Bulkier than past Fitbit's
- Lacking as a smartwatch
- Music can be difficult to set up on watch
- Some apps and software might feel buggy
- I have had several of these and this is my fave for sure. The charge last days and days. It is small and compact. You can customize the face of it to your liking. Tracks what I am doing really well and gives me great updates. Love it! I think they are giving Apple a run for their money.
- This matches the M400 plus some. The heart rate monitors through the wrist, which is great. I ave compared and it is accurate for sure. The style of this is nice and sleek. You can switch the bands easily without any tools, just snaps right in.
- I am so happy this is waterproof and the GPS works. I had a fuss getting it synced with my phones and programming it, however, now that it is, it works great. I would recommend this to anyone who has a busy schedule and loves working out on the reg. It is a great sidekick and keeps you motivated.
- Not a fan of the pain in updating and connecting. However, after we got that all straightened out, as well as the screen timer, it has been great. The battery life is phenomenal. I am pretty stoked on the accuracy of everything and it continually updating me. It is sleek and looks good. I am impressed and can honestly say it is WAY better than the Apple version.
- I borrowed a friend's Apple to see if I would prefer it over the Fitbit, this won. This is superior in technology and software. This is great for all you runners and swimmers. It keeps a really accurate update on your heart and laps. The GPS is fantastic and doesn't reload too much. I am really digging the sleep tracking, such a cool idea. Get it together Apple.
- The screen is great! It can be seen with crisp letters and numbers even in the sun. The design is nice and it looks really stylish. The set up almost took an hour but after its all done everything was easy peezy. I switched bands though, I wasn't a fan of the one it came with.
- The little device is a game changer, in life. I love to be able to measure my exercising precisely. It is really all I want. The Apple has way too much on it and it doesn't work half the time. The Fitbit is revolutionary really. It knows when I am done and sends me reminders of things I should be doing, like stopping the recording after I am done with my bike rides. This is just an excellent product.
- This is light and comfortable. It uploads music quick and effortlessly. I like being able to just Bluetooth to the earbuds and take off. I wish I had a bit more control over the watch on my laptop.
- Waterproof electronics, dreamy! The tracking is spot on and the battery last a pretty darn long time. They really got it right this time. It looks great on too.
- This is a great upgrade to the Alta. I like the multiple feature viewing option: heart rate, time, date, etc. I can jump right over to all my music if I want without getting confused. I am able to get more accurate times and rates on my swimming now too, it is waterproof! YAY!
- I like the larger screen. I do not have to worry about it getting wet. Be aware of changing the clock faces, mine went haywire and I had to reboot everything. Just beware of downloading other things, might make ya crazy.
- This is a one-stop shop for all my stuff: GPS, Phone, Music. The battery last forever, which is so nice. They are spot on with the notifications and updates on heart rate and exercising. Do not hesitate to buy if you are on the border with it, totally worth it.
- I thought this was going to be too bulky, it is perfect. The GPS is a pure upgrade form the old Fitbit, it works great. The screen brightness is not overly done in the dark and I can go swimming with it, no worries.
- His is way easier to set up than the older models or the Gear S2. I am able to read it with no issues in the direct sunlight. The battery lasts almost a week. I compared the HR monitor to what my dr was telling me, match! Everything is great about this thing.
- The set up wasn't hard it just took forever. The GPS works great. The HR monitor is about the same as the Blaze. It is a great piece of equipment. Looks fly.
- The GPS seems to be on point on with my other routes that I knew. The fitness tracking is great. It also looks great, which is a plus. The charger hasn't given me any issues like some people and the battery last forever it seems. The display is great and easy to read as well.
- The battery lasted a week for me. When I turn my arm to look I have to shake it a bit but it comes on. I am really liking it. It reads accurate and the graphics look great. I am digging the notifications, keeping me updated and in contact. I did switch to a sports band.
- The face on this is way easier to read than the last couple models. The fact it is waterproof is amazing. I like the band better. This is a real upgrade to the others for sure.
- This is way better than anything Apple has made for sure, do not be fooled. The fitness tracker is the shizznit. This fits better and is much nicer to look at. The different bands are nice for when ya want to go matching outfits and whatnot. I mean, Apple has more Apps, but for what this is, way better!
- This made me feel like I had graduated into life! I had an old Garmin and WOAH was I missing out. It is all automatic and hands-free. I love the resolution of the screen, it isn't too bright but can be read in the sunlight. I love tracking my sleep, so nerding out on this. I do not have t connect to a computer to switch things up. Super job Fitbit.
- The screen is thinner than my old pebble and the resolution is much more crisp and clear, even in the sun. All the app seem to be accurate and keep me updated throughout the day. The whole apparatus is comfortable and sleek. I am enjoying the NFC payment option, genius.
- Getting this thing to connect to WIFI is a pain in the rear. And then the updates were wonky. This seems to have a serious data synch error. Took 6 days to die and it just stopped collecting data. I'm not sold on it but it isn't horrible.
- After a couple of months, the HR monitor just doesn't work anymore. It also fluctuated a lot and wasn't as accurate as it should have been. Customer service was useless too. I am highly disappointed.
- The Bluetooth kept going in and out. I tried to re-synch but they didn't like the Fitbit. I talked to Customer Service and they are not helpful at all! Altogether, the syncing issues ruined for me. It was with every device. Oh and did I mention, customer service sucks, they do not know anything about the product.
- Notifications weren't coming in as they should and the alarm worked when it felt like it. The backlighting never worked for me. 3 weeks in the HR stopped working. It is not worth the $300 price tag and I returned it. Garbage.
- So many major issues with this. Orone, the synching is horrible and only works half the time. Every time I would get into a bunch of music downloads, it would freeze up, I would have to reboot and then it would erase it. So horrible. I returned it ASAP.
- They put out a software update that totally ruined the device. It constantly vibrates for nothing. I cannot calibrate it now. I called customer service. COMPLETELY USELESS. They do not know anything about the device.
- After a month, the watch battery dies after a day. They have no support in the service area. Synching seems to be working less and the whole thing is just a mess. Hate it.
- My headphones don't sync right and are always high. The watch does not allow to adjust the volume. Every time I try to get music on here it erases and freezes. Really, for $300 you can do way better.
- After 6 months the whole watch is failing. It deletes my runs in progress and turns off and on whipped clean. It doesn't keep track of anything anymore. Customer service told me to buy a new one. HA!
The Ionic can connect to your smartphone through Bluetooth and will allow you to receive your notifications directly to your device which can come in handy if you are in the middle of a workout and do not have your phone out in front of you. The downfall of the Ionic, however, is that you cannot respond to notifications from the tracker. You may be able to see your messages, but you will have to pull your phone out if you want to respond.
One of the better qualities of the Ionic is that you can personalize it to the style that best fits you. There are many different styles and colors of bands to choose from so you can pick whatever fits your personality the best. In addition to the bands, you can change the watch face of the Ionic to make it just a little more unique to your tastes.
Ease of Use
-Long battery life
-Built-in GPS (no phone connection needed)
-Water resistant up to 50 meters for tracking swimming
-Battery charge time of 2 hours
-Comes in three colors
-NFC chip so you can pay with Fitbit pay
-Onboard memory to store 300+ songs
-On-screen workout coach
-Tracks many different activities