New Balance 1500v3
If you’re not well-acquainted with New Balance, here’s a quick rundown- they’re a popular shoe manufacturer that focuses mainly on functional and comfortable footwear rather than making a bold fashion statement. With the third version of their 1500 line of running shoes, New Balance has made a lot of interesting design choices that reflect these values. Some of these choices are great for particular kinds of runners, while other changes are bound to infuriate others. To find out whether the 1500v3’s will thrill you or irritate you, check out our in-depth review!
- Highly flexible
- Accommodates wider feet
- Excellent medial support
- Decent heel support
- Amazing traction
- Diminished stability
- Awkward style
- These shoes helped me shave time off of my second marathon. They did give me a little damage on my feet but I was expecting that, I am a pretty tough runner. They absorbed all the shock and the pounding I gave them though and they didn't wear that much. I will probably follow the reviews and go a half to whole size up next time and add some extra arch support.
- I was excited that the toe box had great room and that the heel was snug. These shoes are so light weight and have great support and cushion. I feel they fit so great because of the tongue design. They are really snug and do not move around; kind of like a sock.
- II got some mean toe bruises and a sore ankle from the first pair although they were comfortable otherwise. I ran a marathon. However, I ended up ordering these a half size larger this time and I have no issues. THey are so stable and durable and comfortable. I really love this shoe and glad that I figured out the sizing issue.
- These are lightweight and offer perfect mid range support. I ran 16 miles right out of the box with these and they were great; they didn't leave me with any pain.
- These shoes fixed my neuroma. They fit to size in the wide version and I am so happy to not be in pain any more.
- I really enjoyed the v2 model of these and an them till they were falling apart. These were designed more as a slip on style, which is great in preventing tongue slippage. However, it makes them a little snug and difficult to get on. These shoes are super light and comfortable though and have really helped me with my time on my runs. I also took these on my marathon and the held up great and the construction is phenomenal.
- These are equal to the 1500v2 in my opinion. They are a half size too small so go bigger. My v2 wore down fairly quickly but these have held up way better. These are also really durable and have great traction.
- I overpronate and these shoes have been more supportive than I wa expecting. I have used them for every type of gym activity I can think f and they have not disappointed. THey are super light and stable, which is a dream and the comfort is way above expectation. I did order them a half size bigger and that worked out great for me. They are a little more difficult to get on than my normal shoes but that isn't a big deal to me. I am over all impressed with this shoe and its design.
- It has been hard for me t keep these clean. But, as a shoe, they are the best. They are comfortable and stylish and have great support.
- Although these came in way tighter than any NB I have ordered over the past 15 years, they still held up in comfort. Surprisingly, they were wide in the toe box, so I didn’t exchange them. They have loosened up with use and they are really stable and are a great material and quality.
- The grip, comfort and weight on these are beyond standard. They are great shoes. They run a little narrow but stretch out with wear
- These are a great stable shoe. They were perfect for my flat feet, i mean, I have pancake feet and these really held me together on my run.
- These shoes are magic. The first week I took them 20 miles thinking I would have to break them in. THat was not the case. These shoes are stellar in quality and thy really kept me stable on all my runs. They have a great insole but I used a little extra arch support and they were even better. These shoes are light and stay tight due to the great elastic laces. They also have a great grip on the bottom and wet surfaces are no problem. Good quality shoes!
- These are really good looking shoes. I use these for my sprints and laterals and they have held up wonderfully. I love racing i these because they make me feel a lot faster. Great shoe NB.
- I was not happy that I had to exchange for a whole size difference. However, they have made up for it in style and comfort.
- I was able to wear these in my half marathon and then keep them on after for the festivities and my feet were just fine. They have great support and durability and I love the design. Super stylish and all over great shoe.
- These fit my narrow foot like a glove. They have a great profile and the comfort is like no other. I recommend these to anyone who wants a great casual runner.
- I did really have to break these in; it took a bit of wear. However, they turned out to be a really great and durable shoe. I use these for my shorter runs because they are a it on the heavier side. I do like that the heel is smaller and the toe is wider, great combination for a foot like mine.
- They fit really great and snug at a half size bigger They are very light and comfy and and I love wearing these with everything. All around a great shoe and design.
- These really help my overpronation and I am able to wear them with all my gym activities without them bothering me; they never fail me. I love the colors and get a lot of compliments on them.
- I was so happy to find that the wide on these is a tru wide. I have ridiculously wide feet and these fit great. Hey have all the support I need and are really comfortable. Best shoes out there in my opinion.
- I liked that thee reflected and had all these extra style options for runners. And, the grip and tread were great. But, they were the worst in sizing. They were so tight my feet and toes were going numb. I even got the a bigger size and they still were just too narrow. I am so disappointed.
- Horrible, horrible shoe! They are so uncomfortable around the ankles, they caused me blisters and kept digging into my ankles. I think they forgot to add cushion to these too because it was nonexistent. These are going right to the Goodwill.
- I wanted to love these shoes. THey were such a great color and design. Well, we just weren't a match. They had a really bad hot spot for me in the left shoe that was killing my pinky toe. I even exchanged to make sure it wasn't just that shoe but it still wa a problem. It also had a slight dig in the ankle, which was dreadful.
- Once again they have screwed up the sizing. They get smaller and smaller. I am going to change brands, this is so annoying.
- These seem to be a downgrade. The soles were so stiff I couldn't walk in them They are super narrow too. Way different than the other types in this model.
- I ended up sending these back. They were way too small. It is really annoying I cannot get my size.
- The insoles were like thick cardboard and had no flexibility to them. The quality o these shoes is a downgrade as well. They run really small as well and I just am not happy with them at all.
- I have bought all the 1500v styles and these are so off in the size. What in the heck is going on. They get smaller and smaller every time they get a new one.
- Revlite EVA foam used in the midsole
- Fantomfit seamless upper design
- 6 mm heel drop
- Outsole lugs that improve traction on difficult terrain
- Insole with extra medial support