New Balance 870 v4
New Balance offers shoes in three different categories: ADAPT (the softest rides like the FRESH Foam line fit here), UNLEASH (which includes responsive, swift kicks like the VAZEE), and COMMIT (encompasses the high mileage daily trainers, AKA NBx Collection). This COMMIT series, or NBx Collection, is where the 870 v4 resides. It’s intended as a daily roadrunner that is relatively lightweight and can go the distance.
New Balance has created a system of defining parameters in their given shoe models. In the 870 series, the 8 in the hundredths place implies a moderate amount of cushioning, while the 70 signifies light stability (just under neutral). This fourth installment of the New Balance 870 is in keeping with this system. While it is still a road runner and encompasses all the features its fans have come to love in its past 3 models, v4 sports a few upgrades. Now featuring a welded seamless TPU overlay in the upper, a lighter underfoot foam, an asymmetrical heel counter, and a different design in the forefoot for more efficient toe-off, the new incarnation just seems to keep improving on the base model. Its improved flexibility and the upper’s now snugger fit lend themselves to a shoe that feels secure and fast letting runners feel confident for daily training like long slow distance runs or even speed work. The New Balance 870 v4 is reported to have accolades for being among the best in the stability training category.
- Markedly improve flexibility
- Comes with a lighter weight
- Easy on the pocketbook
- Available in modern color blends
- Too narrow for comfort
- Lacks sufficient arch support
- I needed a shoe with superb arch support so i tried these, the arch support is great and this shoe helps me so much with my pronation, the shoe traction is very good on trails, I use this shoe for long walks and running, the shoe has enough felxibility and I love the breath level in the uppers. I'm staying with these for as long as they are made.
- I found support to be excellent, the best I have had so far, I tend to pronate and this is exactly the shoe I needed for putting this problem to bed. I have wide toes and bunions and the fit and relief from these shoes has amazed me, I do suggest doing as I did and going half a size higher, the shoe has such a nice supportive fit.
- I have bad pronation and resulting bunions, so I needed a shoe that helps with pronation and puts up good arch support, these are great, even better than I expected. I'm out on the trails regularly and love the traction from this shoe.
- Best running and walking shoes that I have tried, these are comfortable, bags of arch support fantastic on trails with grippy traction no matter how wet the weather. Stability and cushioning are high standard. I do have heel issues and found the heel area in this shoe more than enough for support.
- I found these shoes because I have multiple issues when looking for fit, did have to size up by a half but in return I get super accurate fit, lots of support, very comfortable, nice level of ventilation for my feet and the best arch support ever.
- I can say after trying this if you do supponate while running then these are the shoes which will sort out this problem, very supportive in the arch, nice balance, foot width is good, bang on stability and serious grip for trails, highly suggest you try these
- Every time I look for shoes I run into width problems ,it get harder and more difficult to find shoes for myself. I also need enough toe box space but not too wide in the heels. These shoes did it for me, lovely fit, lots of strong comfortable support and traction is truly impressive.
- I always get a ton of big trouble for finding shoes which fit properly for me because of very big and overly wide feet, so I took a chance and ordered size 11D and when they arrived I was delighted to find that these fit me, total comfort, great support and the arch support truly impressive, fantastic shoe.
- What I like is that these do not run smaller, constantly comfortable, the support is the best, arch support for my feet is spot on target, the shoe is light but durable, I use it for all sports, walking and running on trail.
- I wanted more stability and so I tried these, got the stability and was amazed how light the shoes are, can run in these for hours and no issues at all, the cushion level works for my feet and the needed support is their all the time.
- The sizing is confusing, it was ok before now it has changed, I ordered, they did not fit, I sent back got a half size up and still the fit is off. I so much wanted to use these shoes because I have pronation but these wont help me out.
- Even with the wider options available with this shoe I can’t get a size to Fit, I’m not sure what going on with sizing but it really is confusing. Tried on a few pairs, they have become so narrow. I do over pronate and I want this type of she but can’;t find the size
- I got these because of pronation problems, yet, the shoe runs narrow and though the support is perfect the width gives me problems which cause a lot of stopping and resting, the shoe is ok but not for me
- I wanted arch support and tried this shoe and I found that arch support was perfect but not the width, I’m looking at other shoes with this brand to try get something wider but still with good arch support.
- The model is lightweight and responsive
- The shoe is also offered in multiple widths to aim to accommodate all runners
- People were especially pleased with the wider toe box
- Functions well as a daily trainer and can handle speed work as well
- Features stylish upgrade over the 870 v3