Best Clif Bars Reviewed
Clif creates a bunch of tasty, nutritious, energy-packed bars that make a delicious addition to your exercise arsenal. Some believe they taste better than your average candy bar, and they are great for both preparation and recovery. Clif bars typically fall into two categories: those which provide an energy kick before your workout and those that offer a protein punch for when you’ve just finished with a tough workout. In this article, we consider both,; however, we feature slightly more of the energy-boosting bars. Let’s take a look at the best Clip bars.
Clif Energy Bar Cool Mint Chocolate
These have 49mg of green tea caffeine to give you a real kick as well as complex carbs to keep you going throughout your workout. There are 5g of fiber, 23 added vitamins and minerals and they are certified organic with 70% organic ingredients. These have no GMO ingredients at all, are vegan-friendly and weigh in at 250 calories per bar.
They’re delicious! With a rich chocolate base and a minty kick which cuts though the heaviness, they offer a real balance of flavour and plenty of nuance. Many claim that this flavour is the best of all the Clif bars, and they have a good basis! They have a creamy drizzle on the top for extra decadence and a nice dense texture.
A pretty-low cost affair!
- Great flavor- maybe the best of the bunch
- Very good energy kick all-round
- Non-GMO and organic
- Good nutrition
- They don’t have as much protein as some might like.
Clif Energy Bar Chocolate Brownie
You’ll find on this list that the nutrition of the energy bars is all pretty similar with only marginal differences. These have no GMOs, vegan-friendly, 70% organic ingredients, certified organic, made with rolled oats and with the fantastic addition of 23 vitamins and minerals. These give a good, healthy energy boost!
A chocolate bonanza! These have cocoa and chocolate chips, which make for great texture and a proper chocolate fix. Something this decadent really shouldn’t be this good for you. These really are very similar to a brownie with a nice chewy density and varying flavors of chocolate for good hints of subtlety. They are also not too sweet!
Around an average cost for a good energy bar.
- Very healthy and packed with good stuff
- A good energy boost
- High carb for a workout
- Lots of added vitamins and minerals
- These might be a little too chocolatey for you if you’re not a huge chocolate lover.
- Not as much protein as some might like
Clif Energy Chocolate Almond Fudge
43g of carbs, 5g of fiber, 9g of protein, 250 calories per bar and packed with 23 vitamins and minerals. These are vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO. All of the ingredients are natural and they're certified organic, with 70% organic ingredients.
Another really decadent one! There is a lovely chocolate fudge flavor and depth, but without too much sweetness. It’s dense without being overpowering and the almond pieces give a nice crunch to cut through the texture along with a good savory kick to complement the chocolatey indulgence!
Another average affair.
- All pretty similar to the bars above – a good energy boost, plenty of good carbs and great nutrition!Lovely flavor and the almonds make for a really nuanced treat.
- Not a massive amount of protein
Clif Energy Bar Chocolate Chip
These bars have 45g of carbs, 250 calories, 10g of protein and 4g of fiber. Combine that with the standard 23 added vitamins and minerals and non-GMO ingredients with an organic certificate, and you’ve got a treat you can trust. These are also vegan, like many of Clif’s bars.
The chocolate chips give a nice texture and offer a slightly more dark kick to the bar itself which gives nice depth and doesn’t allow the sweetness to take over. Really nice density in the texture, and the chocolate chips provide a really good mouthfeel.
These are marginally cheaper than most of the other Clif energy bars.
- For nutrition and taste, they have what you’ve come to expect from the above – all great stuff!
- Vegan friendly
- A good option for true chocoholics. A lot of big chocolate fans really love these.
- Slightly more protein than most of the other Clif energy bars
- Still not as much protein as some people might like
- Maybe not a good option if you’re not a true chocoholic!
Clif Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar
Here you will find 230 calories, 26g of carbs, 3g of fiber and 7g of protein. There are no added vitamins and minerals here, which is a shame, but all of the ingredients are non-GMO and they are still pretty healthy on the whole. They are soy-free.
The creamy peanut butter center is really lush and decadent, and the outer section sort of tastes like a no-bake brownie, without a crazy amount of sweetness. The two textures meld together really well, though the outer layer can be a little too hard for some. The oats add a nice mouthfeel to complement and balance out everything.
They're around an average price for a top-notch health bar.
- An unusual flavor given the filled inside
- No unnatural ingredients, no GMOs
- Less carbs than other Clif energy bars
- The outer layer of the bar can be a little hard for some
- Not a great deal of protein
- Not such a big energy boost as the above bars
Clif Builder’s Protein Bar Chocolate Mint
These bars have 270 calories, 30g carb, 2g fiber, 20g protein and 13 added vitamins and minerals all combine to give a great post-workout feeling to help you replenish. These are free from GMOs, the protein is soy-based, they’re vegan and the ingredients are 32% organic. All in all they are a pretty healthy affair to make you feel good!
These have a nice creamy texture and taste, with a chocolate taste which isn’t too sweet and a refreshing mint kick to cut through everything and give a fresh flavor. These don’t have the graininess of many high-protein bars and there’s a good depth of flavour.
They're a little pricier than other Clif bars, but protein bars are always a little expensive.
- Great protein hit
- Good nutrition including loads of added vitamins and minerals
- Soy-based protein, which some people like
- Lovely flavor, better than most protein bars
- Not as nutritious, generally speaking, as some other Clif bars
- Soy-based, which some people avoid
Clif Builder’s Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter
The bar has 280 calories, 29g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g protein and 23 added vitamins and minerals. The protein is soy-based, there are no GMOs and 35% of the ingredients are organic. It’s a healthy kick and they're also vegan-friendly!
These have a lovely taste and texture. There’s one layer of soft chocolate and a crunchy cereal-style interior. The textures complement one another perfectly and there’s a real kick of peanut butter luxury. They’re dipped in cocoa for a nice finish and they don’t taste too sweet, with a good amount of depth.
Again, they are a little pricey, but this is what you expect with a high-quality, nutritious protein bar.
- Great nutrition
- Great protein content
- Way tastier and healthier than most protein bars on the market
- Full of nutritious and sensible ingredients
- Soy-based, which some people like
- Soy-based, which some people don’t like
Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel
The Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel has 200 calories, 22g carbs, 9g protein, 2g fiber, entirely natural and 70% organic ingredients. These have a small amount of added vitamins and minerals and they’re a good choice for a sensible but tasty snack!
A proper peanut butter bonanza! Peanut butter-filled pretzels, peanut butter chips and peanuts. These are sweet, salty, packed with nuance and have a lovely crunchy texture with a lot going on. If you like the richness of peanuts and the texture of trail bars, you’ll love these.
These are around average for a good energy bar.
- Good energy kick
- Good ingredients and nutrition
- Really amazing flavour and texture
- Something a little different
- If you don’t like nuts, you won’t like these.
- Not as many added vitamins and minerals as other Clif bars
- Maybe too low-calorie for some
There you have it! Get working, get your Clif on, feel great and treat your taste buds!