Brooks Cascadia 9
The Brooks Cascadia 9 is an award-winning all-terrain trail running shoe that earned a couple significant awards back when they were released in the Spring of 2014 and are known as one of the best Spring trail running shoes of its generation. This is saying a lot about the shoe, but don’t just take an award as an indication of effectiveness and performance. You can also consider the countless amounts of positive feedback from satisfied runners who bought the shoes themselves and loved them enough to express their gratitude from reviews. Not only will this shoe get you out into nature, it’s also a champion of the environment. The BioMoGo polymer alloy foam found in the midsole is actually designed to be biodegradable. If you care about being out in nature and protecting the environment, this is a great trail running shoe for you.
Great shoe for on and off the trails.
Runners loved the breathability
Added technology of the midsoles
The material of the midsole is biodegradable
Renowned as one of its generations best Spring trail runners
Not a light shoe
- I had to throw these on and go. They ended up being great. No problems with blisters or pain. They have a good moderate traction to them. They are a great shoe and they fit perfect.
- These have a great and roomy toe box. They are a bit narrow everywhere else and fit snug. They are comfortable though and seem to really hold my foot in all the right spots. I will be buying these again.
- These were so light and supportive. They fit my feet so good. They are a far cry from the old Brooks that I hated as far as style. I am talking 15 years ago. They look good and feel double good. I am using them for everything I, I am super impressed.
- I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to run anymore due to my bunions. However, these have given me hope. My gait is way off too but these have been a dream. Supportive just like I need with the right balance of cushion for my bunions. I am pain free and could not be happier.
- These have great arch support and have been great for my work and for my runs. They keep me pain free on all my 10 hour shifts at the hospital. They had no break in time either.
- These are comparable with the Pre Cadance that I love so much. They are very light and work great with trails an with pavement. They are a bit wider but super comfortable.
- They have a nice wide base and a very low profile. Incredibly comfortable and the material is of top notch quality, super durable.
- They have great to room and keep me moving at a 10 incline on the treadmill. These withstand my yearly 1000 gym miles and I love them. They feel like clouds.
- These have a narrow heel and wide toe space. They are incredible and have a good tread for the trails. I usually get a whole size larger and they always fit great. These shoes have great stability and comfort consistently.
- Rubbed a little on my bunions at first but they are breaking in great. They are doing really ell on the trails by my house and keeping me nice and stable. They work well on pavement too.
- They are so worth the price tag! I have purchased three pair and they seem to be getting narrower in the toe box. But by the end of the year that it takes to break them down, they are fit right. They have tons of cushion and support for the trails. The lacing really keeps the shoe in place, which I really enjoy. These seem to be lighter than my last pair.
- These are great. I bought the blue pair after the pink. I wanted a shoe that was blue. These look amazing and they are so comfortable and work great for my long walks. That is why I bought 2.
- These get a lot of compliments I am able to wear these out and to the gym and trails. They are so supportive and have great cushioning all over. I am in love with these shoes.
- I love the stable and sturdy sole while still being super light weight. They are so good on the down hill slopes, great traction and grip. The lacing is so nice and secure, never comes loose. I will be recommending this shoe for sure.
- These are the best shoes out there and I own multiple styles and brands. They are so light and very comfortable. They are made for flat feet. They look good too. They are a top shoe for me and I highly recommend them.
- These are some of the most versatile shoe I have ever owned. I took these on a trip ad ha to use them for mile on all sorts of terrain. I was not disappointed. They gave epic support and are mad comfortable. No issues right out of the box. I am really happy with my purchase.
- These are good for my long work hours at the hospital and for my long walks on weekends. They keep me from fatigue and are really supportive and cushioned. I am really happy with these shoes.
- These are really fantastic shoes. These are really perfect fit. I didn't have to size up in these. They feel great and are keeping up with the other Brooks I love so much.
- I had t get a half size larger, which made the heel a little bit looser but the toe box is more roomier. They have a real mean grip to them and keep me from slipping on wet surfaces. I am on 2 months and 20 miles a week and they look new still. They have an adequate amount of cushion, which helps stable my foot and keep it cozy. Theses are a really good shoe and I highly recommend.
- I didn’t have to break these in and they keep my feet feeling good at work. I have to be outside and on concrete all day, no issues.I had the 8s as well and these are an upgrade.
- Nice padding under the foot and stable, supportive and comfortable all over the shoe. The lacing is nice and really keeps the foot in place.
- These are the best shoe I have ever found. They have a stellar grip and lots of cushioning for those long runs. They are stable and never give me any slippage in or out of the shoe. Sometimes the shoes squeak, but who cares? They are so darn comfy, it is ridiculous.
- The shoe looks nice and is triple comfort. They didn't need to be broken in, i love that in a shoe. I highly recommend these to any distance runner. They are great quality as well.
- I used these in school, which was a millenia ago. These are a sure fire upgrade to what I remember and they look great. This is a mix between a minimalist and a average, classic style runner. Super comfortable and lots of toe splay. Great shoe.
- Not much in the arch support section but a great shoe nonetheless. I am at work all day and have to do everything you would do in a crossfit class with bodies and these are comfortable and stable, never giving me fatigue or issues. I am in love with them.
- Not like any of my other Brooks at all. They do not fit to what I usually buy, they are too short. They have seems in the toes, which press and chaffe. They really need to rethink these. There are so many better shoes or trails out there.
- I feel like these are a downgrade to the Cascadia model. These feel cheap and thin. I haven't had them long and they are already falling apart. The padding flattened out too.
- I loved everything about this shoe: Compliments, comfort, fit. However, after 2 months they are falling apart. The seems are coming apart.
- Work well with my orthotics, they are comfortable, they look good. BUT! The mesh upper is starting to come apart with very little use. They look horrible after four months, you would think that I was taking them trailing.
- The toes bunched up and looked weird. Also they were too small compared to my others.
Quite a lot can happen on a trail run, and the trail runner needs to be prepared for the unexpected, whether it be a stream or soggy terrain. Fortunately, they are already known, tried and wear-tested which showed positive results with the shoe drying quickly, even after streams and puddles. A newer addition to the Cascadia 9 is a suede overlay that wraps the foot in support for added security.
Another key technology used in the midsole is a BioMoGo polymer alloy foam. This material is designed to help the runner in the three main areas: It lessens foot fatigue, it improves the energy return with every stride, and it adds a huge amount of comfort. And if all that technology weren't enough, the Cascadia 9 also offers DNA cushioning. This is a highly versatile liquid that gives the shoe an incredibly reactive experience that is unique to every runner.
Not only is the material of the midsole designed with the environment in mind, so too is the material of the outsole. The outsole is made of two different durable materials: a high-density carbon rubber and a rubber made from recycled materials.
Hailed for their versatility, durability, and protection, the Brooks Cascadia 9's are a high-quality shoe from a brand you can trust. Whether running along a soggy trail, sprinting down uneven, rocky terrain, or taking a jog in your neighborhood on a rainy day, these shoes will not let you down. Brooks' continues to utilize the latest and greatest technology in creating their shoes, and features like their DNA cushioning, BioMoGo polymer alloy foam, and Ballistic Rock Shield, help make this a comfortable, protective shoe for your runs on and off the trail.
Ballistic Rock Sheild - This is found in the forefoot of the shoe and does an amazing job at protecting the foot from sharp objects.
BioMoGo polymer allows foam - This is a foam technology that lessens foot fatigue, improves energy return and adds comfort to each run.
Air mesh material of the upper improves breathability and keeps feet cool and dry.
DNA cushioning - The DNA cushioning of this shoe is located in the midsole. It uses a high viscosity liquid that increases responsiveness
It also shows that it cares about the environment by using recycled materials as well as materials that are biodegradable. Brooks cares about the environment, and by purchasing this shoe, you are saying you stand with them in their quest to reduce waste. While the price is on the higher side for these trail running shoes, review after review agreed that they were worth every penny.