Brooks PureConnect 4
Begin with the Brooks name, add in a healthy dose of comfort, flexibility, support with style, throw in a price that won’t give you sticker shock, and you have the PureConnect 4 running shoe. This is one that has it all —rounded heel, superior cushion, and a durable outsole — along with a lightweight design that will keep you going through your longest runs. If there’s one group singing the praises of this shoe the loudest, it’s going to be the runners with high arches.
The way the shoe contours to the runner’s foot gives it a near-unanimous thumbs up across the board, perhaps with the exception of runners with wide feet who found the toe box a little too narrow for their liking. If you’re new to Brooks, the snug fit of the Nav Band might catch you off guard, but most reviewers said once they got used to it, it fits like a glove and they never looked back. The bright, modern style of the shoe has some non-runners stacking up compliments in the gym, workplace, or while just running errands. However, the PureConnect is built for the minimalist neutral runner, who isn’t looking for much heel to toe drop, and wants a high energy return. The features of this shoe are so popular, they’re now in short supply, but the determined consumer can pinpoint a pair with a little ingenuity and persistence.
- Lightweight comfort
- Contoured midsole
- Cushioned, rounded heel
- Affordable price tag
- A plethora of style options
- Resigned tongue
- I wanna say this is a hybrid of an older style runner and a minimalist shoe. The color options could be a little better but the shoe is great otherwise. The price is well within budget for me too. They have great cushioning and I do not feel rubbish under my feet when I am running. It is durable and great on and off the track.
- These are my training shoes for my marathon running. I love these shoes. They are very light and take a lot of use. I can easily put over 300 miles on these babies with no issues. They are super duper comfortable and the only wear they usually show are the actual knobs of the sole after a while. I highly recommend for any style of runner.
- I was suggested these from my mom. I usually wear Asics but gave them a try, I am hooked. They are so much lighter and they fit really snug and comfy to my foot while still having toe room. They are in no way waterproof so keep that in mind when you buy. I do not run in the rain.
- These wrent as airy as other Brooks and they were a bit narrow so I ended getting a half size bigger. They are just as great in comfort and durability though. Brooks makes a great shoe and these are no exception. I rocked 10 miles first go with no issues at all. Great shoe.
- These are big boy shoes. I am over 200 lbs, pretty tall and these never go flat from the extra pressure. They have epic support and the comfort is stellar. I do laterals in crossfit and run and HIIT training and they take it all with great stride. There are no other shoes comparable to Brooks.
- These are really light and have a lot of cushion. They were perfect right out of the box and required no breaking in. They got a bit slippery in the rain but nothing terrible. They are super comfortable and I would recommend them to anyone.
- These have a bit more grip than the last model. It is still just as light and has a bit softer cushioning in there. These were made for real runners.
- These don’t have too many bulky seams on the inside, which is great, no hot spots. Compared to the older PureConnect, these are right there is comfort and design. They are light and have a good neutral support. I mid-strike and these handle and support well. They are a comfortable runner, just aren't made for wet weather.
- These fit me true to my size. They have a lot of comfort and are very, very stable. I was glad they did not have any serious pressure point issues and they had a good air flow oo them. I would purchase them again.
- I was recommended these by my podiatrist. I am so happy I found them. They are super comfy and really hold and support my problem feet well. They have a great style to them and the colors are nice. They are a good light comfortable shoe.
- The support is great and the bottom really hugs my feet. They are light and cozy and you cannot beat the price for the quality.
- These have eliminated my knee pain and they hold my high arches with lots of comfort. I have to say these are as near to perfect a running shoe as I have ever had. They are affordable too. Great great shoe.
- I bought two of these to rotate so they would last a bit longer. I really like them and sometimes shoes get discontinued. They are so cloud like but at the same time, they really support and have lots of cushioning. They are magical. I like to road run and also, they are good on mild trails. I did go a half size up and they are perfect.
- I have an extra narrow heel and sometimes shoes are a pain to fit. After I found Brooks, I was hooked. This is my ump-teenth pair and they are always spot on in sizing and fit, hugging the heel but not squeezing my toes. They are super comfy and are actually really cheap compared to the others. Great shoe, great price.
- I always get sharp pains due to my high arches, these have helped me through that. They offer great and cozy arch support. I spend a lot of time on my feet at work and these have been a dream. I sometimes feel that I am barefoot, I do not even feel them on my feet.
- I am very happy with these shoes. They are very light and they cradle my feet with lots of cushion and comfort. They fit perfect too, no need to swap them out.
- I like the style and design, which want compromised for comfort- I never understood that. They are very supportive and light. No break in time needed. They really work with my high arches.
- I have bought multiple pairs of these. They are my everything shoe. They are lightweight and comfortable and have great support for quick movement; I use them for my boxing training. Didn't have any issues with lifting either. They also look great on. I really love these shoes.
- I was shocked at how light these were because they are so darn cushioned and supportive. They give me no fatigue after my distance running. I am not sure they are as durable as I would like. I might have to get another pair for my running. They do feel great though.
- These support my high arches great. They have taken away my knee pain that I suffer from ALL THE TIME. I really am in love with this shoe and will be buying Brooks from now on. They are so comfortable and light. Best running shoe I have ever had.
- I run from 5k to ultras and these are my go to shoe. They are lighter than the Pue Flows and have a great amount of cushioning. I get about 250 miles in these before the insides start wearing out, which happens way before the sole. Brooks is the way to go for runners.
- It is like my feet grew pillows when I wear these. It is almost as if I am barefoot. They have so much cushioning and at the same time, are really light. I wear other bBrooks for walking and these for running. Really happy with these.
- I was sad to see these were discontinued but I found them. These shoes are some of the best ever ade. They are comfortable and have a good drop zone, low. They are light and have phenomnal arch support too.
- These shoes caved in in the toes and destroyed my feet. The tongue was really high and blistered my ankle as well. I returned these, I knew right away they were not going to work for me.
- These shoes are not like any of the other Connects. They are so cheap and flimsy. They were much more narrow than the other ones and the tongue is just really uncomfortable. The toe has started to pinch my feet and is really uncomfortable. The price reflects the product in this case, cheap.
- I got really bad cramps in my feet after wearing these. They totally redesigned this shoe and it is a pure downgrade. I always buy Brooks but now, I am not sure.
- I bought an older model and wore them a lot and they were so great. These, not so much. The toe box collapsed after a week of wear. They didn't have the support I am used to in my other Brooks. These are a real disappointment to the Brooks line.
- No support whatsoever. They are nothing like the other models. They feel really flimsy and have no stability on even the flattest of surfaces. The toes have zero protection and have bent. They seem really cheaply made, the fabric is awful. The tongue moves around and is not attached like the other shoes. I am returning these ASAP.
- I wore these once and the toe box completely caved in and pinched my toes. I did not want to keep wearing them. I didn’t want blisters. They were great other than that. They fit my orthotics and had a lot of comfort.
- These shoes were magic at first. However, the toe box! It completely gave in. This is really disappointing for such a good shoe otherwise.
If you're not sure about sizing, it's best to stop in at your local running store and try a few different options on in person. A few people mentioned the PureConnect 4 is a bit narrow for their liking, so keep that in mind if you’re a runner with a wide foot. You can always check here, for a more comfortable, wider option.
Key Features of the PureConnect 4
• BioMoGo DNA midsole
• Rounded Heel
• Nav Band
• Outsole Pods