Nike Metcon Repper DSX
The Nike Metcon Repper DSX is a cross-training shoe that lets you move through extremely dynamic workouts without compromising agility. This cross trainer supplies lightweight cushioning and superior stability to accommodate jumps, sprints, and climbs. Its attractive design and exceptional comfort appeal to athletes as well as workers who stand on their feet for long hours. With its high-intensity support, natural flexibility, and lockdown fit, the Metcon Repper DSX offers itself as an excellent companion for cross training. Compared to other Metcon models, the DSX is the lower cost version of the premium Flyknit model. Reviewers seemed to agree, however, that despite the lower price, the DSX is a great value buy and in some cases outperformed the more expensive models. This version of the Metcon includes a more cushioned heel and softer – but still supportive – midsole cushioning.
- Excellent stability
- Natural flexibility
- Exceptional grip
- Not super long-lasting
- Tends to run a half size small
- Fit is slightly narrow
- These shoes have removable insoles, which is great if you wanna beef up the inside a bit. These shoes work great for my crossfit.
- These are nothing like the reviews read, for me. They have great traction and are super for my lifting. They have a much better pad in the tongue than my other trainers.
- The soles seem really weak and the material right along with them. They are really comfortable for warming up before training though.
- These helped prevent my pronation and seemed very balanced all together. I loved the comfort in the sole too. I like the shoe over all.
- I use these all the time for the gym. I like them a lot. They are a little longer than I expected but they are really comfortable and I love running in them.
- These are a real upgrade to the old Metcons. They breath well and are way comfy.
- After surgery, these are the only shoes I can wear for work; I stand more than 8 hours a day. I love the insoles, they hug my feet like little pillows. They are light and don't cause any fatigue in my ankles. These are an all over great design.
- I bought two pairs after buying the first pair These shoes have gotten rid of my back pain from my nurse schedule. I have to say these are the most comfortable shoes ever and I really enjoy them on my feet.
- I can wear these with or without socks and they fit great. They are snug in the arch, which I like and they have loosened up with wear and are now extremely comfortable. These are great for light runners.
- I use these for light running and they have worked great. I ended up buying a half size up per reviews and it works perfect.
- The top material on these is a little weaker than normal. However, I have to say they are the best shoes, for me,, on the market. I run a lot and I do lifting and they accommodate all my moves. These are so comfortable and I cannot recommend them enough.
- These shoes are a lifters dream. They have a nice flat stance when I am working reps and they work for my warmups. I like using them for my crossfit. They seem to just be a great shoe for any type of workout. I like that they fit my feet nice and snug. THey look great as well.
- These are my running and gym shoes and I can switch them up for a casual look too. I love these shoes because they are light and cozy. I recommend these for sure.
- I do not like the lacing and the lack of padding in the tongue. Other than that, these shoes are top notch.
- You can wear these shoes with anything and anywhere: out to eat, the mall, the gym. I personally use them for my walking and daily runs and am very pleased with the support. I have narrow feet and these fit perfect to my size. There is great room in the toes. These really hug my feet when I lace up. They breath well but could use a bit more cushion in the heel. I could see these being a great lifting shoe.
- These are airy and durable and fit perfect. They have really held up to my intense workouts. I use to have a lot of pain in my back and legs after using my old shoes, not with these.
- I use these for my weights lifting and couldn’t be happier. They are flat and balanced and relly grip when I am putting in the pressure. They fit to size and are real comfy. I really am in love with this shoe; it is super stylish.
- I am happy that the heel is a bit higher than norma. It adds that extra oomph I need for my dead lifts. I can also use them when I do my warm up jogs. The sole is real cushy and they ran pretty close to el size for me.
- I am hoping that this shoe opens a bit with more wear. I really love the design and colors they have. I took the laces out and it still cramps my toe because it is real narrow. However, the length is on point at a half size larger.
- These are just like the old Metcons and have all the specs as those. One thing though, they are super narrow compared. I would not recommend any wide feet people order these. They are really comfy shoes though.
- I like to deadlift and I wouldn't use another shoe. Thee are flat with great arch support and have great traction and padding. They are very light and feel nice while i am working out. Great shoe Nike.
- There are definitely better shoes out there, but, as a professional soccer player I have t give these a thumbs up. They are very professional grade A support and assist me really well on my workouts and lifting. I love the breathable mesh material , it keeps my feet cool and they have a lot of padding, keeping me stable during my runs.
- After trying to break these in for a month, I have came to the conclusion that they are just not comfortable. They are really boxy and have no flexibility. Thee weren’t really good for any type of activity. I think Nike is really starting to go down hill lately; they are really losing their quality.
- I have only had these for a couple months and they are already tearing. The quality is very cheap and fragile. There is no way anyone could seriously train in these.
- These had no life to them. After about 4 months, they started ripping and I could not wear them any more. These are a downgrade from the old Metcons for sure.
- Aesthetically, these were super dope. However, the sizing is way off and I had to return them.
- When I run on the treadmill with these, my feet start to burn. I am returning these fast. They made my whole leg hurt.
- I didn't have these for 3 weeks and they tore on both sides. I am very disappointed.
- I only had these for 4 months and used them as normal shoes and they are already rendered useless. They are very nice looking but unreliable and cheaply made.
- These shoes are all aesthetic. They are thin all over. There is no padding in the sole or tongue and when I tie them the laces dig into the top of my foot. The symbol is already coming off too. These are just really badly made. I am very disappointed.
The arch support is moderate, allowing you to shift from activity to activity. Some fans report the arch support just isn't enough, but many indicate that it is sufficient to get the multifaceted work of cross training successfully completed. These shoes are designed to help you face down a variety of movement combined with quick shifts in between. Some wearers find that the ankle wall is a bit higher than usual and needs to be broken in to achieve optimal comfort. Overall though, the Metcon Repper DSX is exceptionally comfortable.
- NEW 3mm increase in midsole heel cushioning
- NEW softer cushioning
- Lightweight Phylon cushioning
- Outsole Flex Grooves ensure natural movement capabilities
- Knit & mesh upper construction
- TPU overlays
- Ortholite insole
- Extra strong Flywire cables create a solid lockdown
- Flat heel plus internal counter for exceptional stability
- Attractive design and appearance
- Moderate arch support
As long as you select a half size bigger than you might usually, expect moderate width, and understand that this shoe supplies only moderate arch support in order to support a broad range of activity, you're in for a great cross trainer. While the durability factor is somewhat daunting, when you work your shoes hard, it's not outrageous to think of fixing or replacing them.