Salomon Sense ProPulse
Salomon is probably a lesser-known name in terms of regular running shoes, primarily due to the fact that they almost exclusively focus on trail shoes. Trail runners, however, definitely know the quality of shoes produced by Salomon. Trail running is a bit of a different beast from regular running, usually offering more challenging terrain and obstacles. As such, trail running shoes are often constructed differently to compensate for these extra challenges. Salomon is a very popular choice for those who prefer to run on rougher trails. The Salomon Sense ProPulse is designed to be a very well cushioned, though not super quick, shoe for training and for longer trail runs in particular.
- Very well cushioned
- Optimized for trails
- Breathable, and quick drying
- Quick lace system
- A bit pricey
- A bit heavy
- These are the only shoes that I have been able to wear to work for 12 hours without rubbing my feet raw. I have a high arch and a very narrow heel with wide toes and I find it hard to keep my feet n place. These work so good and keep my supported all day. I got these a half size smaller and they worked out great. They have a nice thick sole and I will be buying many more of these.
- I am happy these work great with my Zumba. They are made fo running but have a great lateral and bouncy support to them. They are ranked really high in quality and they have proven above my expectation. Probably better than any shoe or brand I have had. They were a half size bigger than my normal, I had to down size.
- These shoes are really great shoes, my feet just run abnormally narrow. They were swimming but they fit true to size. I think these would be perfect for someone with wider feet.
- I like that I can feel the road and terrain under the shoe. They look really nice and are very comfortable all over the shoe. I like the laces but the pocket is in a bad spot.
- I am so freaking happy with these shoes. I did have a n issue with the laces though. The pocket is in the wrong place and really doesn't work for those that want to tuck them away.
- These have been great for the trails and mild hiking that I do. They are so supportive for my high arches and very comfortable everywhere else. Salomons are the best shoes on the market.
- These support, fit and cradle my feet perfect right out of the box. They work from everything to hiking to walking to working in the hospital. I am so impressed with their design and durability, I highly recommend them.
- The toe box makes me wanna if these. It is REALLY wide. I do love the comfort and soles. They were also a bit hot, they didn't breathe well.
- I tested these out and I am so happy I bought them. They fit my foot great and have so much running support and cushioning. I love these shoes.
- The cushioning around the foot is epic and really supports for running and rocky terrain. They fit perfect and are fairly light for how they are built.
- I use these for running more than hiking, although that is what I bought them for. They feel really nice on rough terrain. They have high supportive soles and really protect my ankles and I find myself feeling really secure in them.
- I love the ways these feel on my feet. They have stellar support and really keep my feet safe. They are a little more weight than I like though.
- These fit my wide feet great. They fit perfect and are mean and comfortable. I was able to take these out the box and put a few miles on them with no aggravation to my feet.
- These really prove to be a stable shoe. They provide extra stability on the sides, which keep the shoes from rolling or becoming unstable on rough ground. Really great shoe compared to my other Nikes and Asics.
- These shoes are so durriable and they don't stink like my other shoes do. These actually are vegan shoes, which I am fond of. Great design.
- I run an average 40 miles a week and strie with my heels and these are holding up real nice. I have no pain in my heels like I normally do and I am able to keep them on and do other things. They support and comfort, which make s for a great shoe. They just are heavier than my other shoes.
- These have a roomier toe box than my other Salomons nd I love it. I am a huge fan of the brand and they really stepped it up with these. Exactly what I was expecting.
- Salomon are so durable and rugged compared to all my other shoes. They are lightweight and you can tuck the laces into a pocket to stay out of your way.
- These have some thick soles, especially in the heels. The toes are roomy and not s thick and the tongue seems a little thin.
- These shoes were referred to me for my fasciitis. I am a REF and need a good shoe and these have been pretty much eliminating any previous problems I was having. I am actually able to run in these and not have any pain later. It is a dream come true. So grateful for these shoes. If your have the plantar fasciitis I highly recommend these.
- These shoes are very stable and have proven to be great for my crossfit and for my cardio. They are very comfortable as well. Great all around shoe.
- These are bit stiffer than my ther trail shoes but they are very comfortable. They have tons of cushion and seem very stable. They are great on my local trails.
- These shoes are so well made and they stand up to some stuff. They are very comfortable and have a ton of cushion. They do have se vents in them that collect a bit of dirt on the trail but not too fussy.
- These shoes have a great tread to them and really carry me on some distance with how thick and cushioned the soles are. Salomon delivered again and I am never disappointed. Great shoe company!.
- I am happy with the sole and the cushion. They are very stable and sturdy and keep my feet from fatiguing after long hikes and rail runs. These run true to size as well, which is nice.
- I am so disappointed I only wear these about 4 miles a day on a treadmill and they are falling apart. Like my big toes was trying to escape.
- These really hurt my feet and squished my toes. If I tightened them right, I could not get the laces into the pocket. It is in a weird position. Such a shame.
- These looked like giant clown shoes, really big and really clunky. I was not impressed so I returned them.
- These shoes were a pain in my foot. I struggled getting them on and the lacing system was horrible and out of line with the pocket. The tongue was getting pushed down and was uncomfortable. They run smaller than any other Salomon that I have bought as well. Just a bad design I think.
- Horrible, horrible shoe. They were too narrow and really uncomfortable all together. And the lacing system just flat out sucks, so complicated for no reason and the pocket is useless.
This material is similar to the High Abrasion Contragrip, except with a primary focus on maintaining traction in wet or rainy situations. Clearly, this is a very useful feature for a trail shoe and makes the Sense ProPulse more usable in different situations. Apart from these materials, the outsole doesn’t offer much else, making it a bit underwhelming. That said, the High Abrasion and Wet Traction Contragrip rubber both contribute to making the outsole fairly solid overall.
The Sense ProPulse actually features a bit more of the EVA foam than most shoes, in places like the forefoot, in an effort to provide extra cushioning. The midsole also features a TPU, or thermoplastic urethane, film called Profeel Film. This film is designed to provide extra protection from the impacts of trails. As a whole the midsole is definitely very solid, offering good materials and technology to promote responsiveness and cushioning.
Atop the mesh upper are Salomon’s Sensifit overlays, which are designed to provide extra support to the upper from the top and help secure the foot. The upper also features Salomon’s Ortholite liner inside, which is designed to be cooler, drier, and better cushioned, and also features an EVA foam heel cup at the bottom. Finally, the upper has a quick lace system, with pockets to tuck laces into. As a whole, the upper of the Sense ProPulse has many very useful features and technology and is definitely a strong aspect of the shoe.
Mesh has holes woven into it that allow air to flow properly in and out of the shoe, making the interior airier and light. The Ortholite liner the upper inside also contributes to the breathability, as it is designed with a special foam that creates a cooler overall environment inside the shoe. The breathability of the Salomon Sense ProPulse is quite good, and sweaty feet definitely should not be a major issue for most runners.
This makes each step feel much more supported and cushioned, leading to an overall comfortable stride. Another proponent of the comfort in the ProPulse is the upper. The upper’s flexible mesh design and its breathability make it a very comfortable and supportive fit and the liner within does a good job with this as well. Overall, the Sense ProPulse is definitely a very comfortable shoe.
• Breathable mesh upper
• Contragrip outsole
• Ortholite liner