Salomon XA Pro 3D
The Salomon XA Pro 3D has quickly become one of Salomon’s best-selling shoes, and it’s no wonder why. Worldwide, the XA Pro 3D is in the top 20 percent of the most popular running shoes. This shoe features the latest and greatest technologies and performs well on any terrain. Designed for specifically for trails, traction is never an issue you’ll have to worry about.
Salomon made some excellent changes and updates to this shoe in comparison to previous versions. A new and improved outsole with Contagrip technology, self-cleaning lugs for added traction, and new Sensifit technology for a customized fit are just a few of the many features you’ll love about this shoe. If you’re looking for a durable and heavy-duty shoe that still maintains flexibility and comfort, look no further. Continue reading for a detailed, in-depth review of the Salomon XA Pro 3D.
- Sensifit technology provides customized, secure fit throughout entire upper
- Contagrip technology is used for ultimate traction
- Lugs attached to bottom of shoe for extra traction are self-cleaning
- Does well on all terrains
- Mud guard technology
- Improved durability
- Protective toe cap
- Supportive dual-density EVA midsole
- Ortholite odor-reducing liner
- Lightweight, breathable, quick-drying mesh upper
- Water resistant outsole
- Quick-lace system is convenient and provides extra security
- Some runners find that the heel cup doesn’t provide enough shock absorption
- Some have commented on a lack of support in the ankle of the shoe
- Some find the shoe to be too heavy
- Although marketed as a trail runner, the Salomon XA Pro 3D gets rated highly by buyers as a hiking and daily use shoe.
- The Quick-lace system adds convenience and comfort for most.
- A majority of buyers experienced no foot pain or discomfort even after daily extended wear.
- The XA Pro 3D provides stability over various terrain. From rocky trails to muddy paths, the design holds up.
- The mesh middle on the upper part of the shoe provides excellent breathability so many buyers recommend this shoe for hot weather.
- The Contragrip outsole provides a sturdy grip in both wet and dry conditions.
- Buyers praise the added ankle support these shoes provide compared to more minimal trail running shoes.
- "Many buyers say they needed no break in period before hitting the trails to hike. For runners, it is suggested to wear a few hours before starting to run in them. "
- The material used in the upper dries quickly after wear in wet conditions.
- The shoe's design and material make it an outdoor shoe with easy maintenance.
- People with flatter arches praise the support of the XA Pro 3.
- The toe cap provides good protection for those who don't mind the little bit of extra weight or bulk.
- These shoes stand out in appearance with lots of compliments on the colors and design.
- Overall, this shoe holds up as a great option for warm weather time on the trails.
- Sizes run small. The most common complaint is the narrow design. Users recommend buying a half to full size larger to make up for the narrow fit.
- Due to the narrow design, some people complain of discomfort or tightness in the toe box.
- Another common complaint is the "heaviness" or "bulk" of the shoe for trail running. This shoe is praised for hiking, but some criticize its build as a trail running shoe.
- A number of buyers report faster wear on the sole compared to other trail running shoes. This is sometimes due to heavy urban use.
- Although it provides great breathability, some users complain the mesh middle allows in more dust or sand from trails.
- Replacing the Quick-lace system is not as easy as replacing a traditional shoe lace. The asymmetrical lacing style does not work with traditional laces, and the Quick-lace system makes the fit too tight for some.
- The Salomon XA Pro 3D trail runners are not waterproof. A waterproof version of the shoe is available, but the material used cuts back on the breathability that the XA Pro 3D provides.
- Some people have experienced quick wear on the top heel support. However, Salomon provides a great manufacturing and material guarantee for their products.
- Although comfortable for many, the padding under the toes is not enough for some.
- A few buyers feel the tongue design of the XA Pro 3D causes slightly more pressure on the foot compared to previous versions of Salomon shoes.
The shoe's outsole is what customers rave about the most. Runners are shocked to discover just how well the grip of the shoe is. It's performs well on any kind surface, in both wet and dry conditions. The outsole of the XA Pro 3D is one of the most well-designed on the market.
Additionally, an Ortholite sockliner with anti-bacterial and anti-sweat properties lines the inside of the upper. This is a great feature for any running shoe to have, as it helps to maintain a clean and healthy environment inside the shoe.
The tongue is covered, so pebbles and debris don’t stand a chance of entering the shoe. Salomon uses the minimalistic QuickLace technology on the XA Pro 3D, meaning simple one-pull tightening for easy-on and easy-off. Finally, a rubber toe cap on the forefoot acts as an extra protective barrier.
The added arch support is a quality that many welcome; but your personal comfort level in this shoe depends heavily on whether or not you like the feel of that added support. Many runners have commented about the incredible amount of comfort in the heel area especially. Blisters will be a thing of the past with this shoe. This shoe is also available in men’s wide-width sizes to accommodate different foot shapes. As with any running shoe, the XA Pro 3D does need to be broken in.
including blue and green, blue and red, gray and green, gray and blue, gray and orange, black and red, and all-black.
Many customers rave about the shoe holding up even after miles and miles of running. With many other running shoes that use lugs for traction, a frequent complaint is that the lugs quickly become damaged or break off. With the XA Pro 3D, you won’t have to worry about this. The high-quality outsole and traction system are so well built that durability issues will be a non-concern.
• Lugs for added traction.
• Quick-lace system.
• Added arch support.
• Protective toe cap.
• Sensifit technology for customized fit.
• Endofit sock liner.
• Dual-density EVA foam insert in midsole.
• Mud guard technology.