Salomon Wings Flyte 2
Salomon’s Wings Flyte 2 is a neutral trail running shoe meant to go toe to toe with mild tough topography. It is comprised of durable components with quality material to help trail runners stay in control and upright while pacing through unpredictable landscape. The shoe posses a sleek, energetic look that is geared towards those with modern tastes that don’t mind a popping visual when it comes to flaunting their off-road gear. Although, aesthetics are nothing without performance, this trail runner aims to be as fast and agile as it looks, with an aggressive outsole and lightweight design.
Whether you are navigating through rocks, pushing through streams, or making your way downhill , this slightly improved update of the Wings Flyte should get you where you are going. There are, however, some drawbacks to the design that hinder the durability to a noticeable degree. See the details below to see if this is the right running trail shoe for you.
- Improved breathable upper that is feather weight
- The shoe lace system is designed to sustain a fast one pull system.
- The outsole of the SWF 2 contagrip provides excellent traction against the ground.
- The Ortholite insole are easy to remove during cleaning and replacement
- The EVA midsole adds a comfortable cushioning for the feet against hard or sharp objects trailing through rough and soft terrains.
- The shoe provides an upright and steady posture when on a downhill trail run.
- Synthetic toe and heel cap for protection
- Quicklace system broke for some users
- The shoe was considered narrow by a number of runners.
- Not good on hard roads
- The overall durability and longevity is questionable
- These shoes grip the sand! They are so good for trails and off road; like a 4x4 for your feet. They have amazing comfort and are very secure and stable.
- I am in heaven in these shoes; they are so comfortable. They really handle on all types of terrain and I never feel fatigued after wearing these. I even wear these to work in and have no issues.
- I like the style and colors in these. I really love the price tag for the quality and they fit right to size, no issues.
- I buy everything Salomon, and these go great in the collection. They are so good on my flat, narrow feet and they feel really light on. Really easy to wear, taking off and putting them on is not a chore. I didn't have any break in issues; blisters, hotspots, pain, etc. The style and color was great. These have a nice soft insole and are just a great shoe, I highly recommend.
- I have bought multiple Salomons and these are just as comfortable and really supportive. I wear them trailing and to work and they work for both really great. They are sturdy and light They do not lack in anything and are well worth the money.
- I love these. However, I did have to buy a larger size than I normally do with Salomon; they were rubbing my pinky toe. They changed these a bit from the last ones.
- I work with plantars and these help tons. I do agility training on dogs and need a good supportive shoe. These are it. They actually help me while I am working. I really would recommend these.
- I am used to the Fellraisers. These however, are lighter and better fitting. They are really tough shoes and they last quite a while.
- Thes traction is great and they really hold up to a beating. They are comfortable and have never caused me any issues.
- These shoes fit to size. I do not run in these but as an everyday walking shoe, I am more than impressed. They are so very comfortable.
- These are a bit tight up on the toe box. I do like the comfort and fit of these otherwise.
- These are waterproof and light. They really feel like I am in a normal tennie. They are super comfortable and fit great. I am really happy with my purchase. I will never buy a boot again for the trails.
- The soles on these are so good. They are just right for any type of activity. Firm and rugged in the ankle with great support and they are really comfortable. I did buy them a half size up and they fit great.
- These shoes have super duper support and fit just like you expect. I will be buying these again.
- The laces are a bit complicated and I struggled loosening them a bit. However, these are superior in comfort and really a great shoe.
- I did not have any break in time with these shoes. They are really supportive and very comfortable.
- These turned into my everyday shoes after I took them on a Spartan Race, These shoes really did great on all the obstacles: ropes, walls, concrete. They actually drain pretty well too. When you wash them I suggest taking out the soles and letting them dry separate or they may end up getting stuck in there and ripping.
- I actually feel super relaxed in these shoes. They were mad comfortable and had a whole lot of traction. These are really great shoes.
- These were the winners in my Spartan Challenge. They had stellar grip and of course they were so comfortable. I didn’t have one issue.
- These shoes are really light and grip great on my hill climbs. I really love these shoes.
- I have tried various trail shoes and Salomon is hands doesn the best on the market. They have so much cushion and are really stable. THey breath well and are light yet absorb a lot of shock in the heel. A bit narrow in the toe box but stretch well. These are beefy and really help me from rolling my ankles. I also do not have an issue wearing my orthotics with them.
- I moved over to these from North Face and they are way more cushioned and controlled. They have abit smaller toe box but it seems to be stretching out. They heels are really really supportive. Great shoe.
- I love their products. These fit like a glove. Although these have the gore-tex waterproofing, they are still airy and light. I was shocked. They are so comfy and I am really liking the color.
- These seem to be way smaller than the others. They just do not fit like the old models at all. They have a real poor underfoot area and I can feel every rock and pebble.
- These seem really cheaply made. If you run, they pinch your feet and really cause a lot of pain. I used to love Salomon but these are a disappointment.
- Do not fit right at all. They changed something and the sizing is way off compared to my other Salomons.
- They run too small and the quality is garbage. The toe area rubbed off within a month and the sole comes off way too easy; it is already really worn down with minimal use. Not happy with these at all.
- The heel cups busted out after a month. They do not last and are not like the other Salomons. Really bad design.
- I only had these for a couple months and the tread has worn off completely. This is really upsetting because these were expensive. I mean, all I do is walk my dogs.
- I really like Salomon, but these sucked. The lacing system is a pain and hard to use. They loosened up often and it was annoying. The toe box is more narrow than I am used to in Salomon and the just weren't good shoes for me.
Key Features of the Wings Flyte 2
• Sensifit™ technology wraps securely around the foot to hold it in place
• AC Tendon in the heel designed for high energy return
• Descent Control utilizes a collection of grip and fit technologies for enhanced downhill running
• 3D Stretch Air Mesh breathable upper offers a comfortable, individualized fit
• Secure Toe Cap keeps toes safe from bruising on trails
• Mud Guard around the base of the shoe fends off mud and clay that try to enter the shoe
• A fast lace pulling system that is (one pull)
• Agile Chassis System for motion control and responsiveness
• Removable OrthoLite cushioned insole wicks away moisture and inhibits odors
• Injected EVA midsole for cushioning
• 10mm on its drop