Best Running Shoelaces Reviewed
Running shoelaces are one of the great investments a runner can make if one desires a greater result from running shoes. Traditional laces are associated with problems of friction due to materials used. Generally, running laces are wound back and forth through the eyelets and loops of the running shoe. One notable responsibility of properly made running laces is that they are designed to reduce friction, thus providing comfort, support and stability. Recent studies recommend that lacing a running shoe both higher and tighter results in a more efficient use of any particular running shoe.
1. Xpand No Tie Laces
The no tie shoelaces are perfect for runners, and other categories of individuals. This shoelace system is a kind that gets the whole family out the door in 3 seconds straight. There is no need for any adjustment, just slip and go. The Xpand shoelace uses elastic laces, and slim anchors to make sure your shoes are appearing professional and comfortable. The laces have a good control mechanism to the extent that one can make them as loose or tight as they want. They look great and feel amazing. It is an excellent product for a super busy family, because the time they will save getting out the door is priceless! Plethora of adjustability makes the Xpand No Tie Shoelaces both functional and comfortable.
The anchor and non-clipping system is an excellent product on the market place.
Cost and Value
They can be quite costly, but the ease of use seems worth the investment. The cost, selection of color, and also style is top notch. Xpand shoelaces eliminate the need to ever tie your laces again completely. This product is manufactured from a fiber filled resin providing astonishing strength and prevents breakage.
- It is very easy to use
- These shoelaces are ideal for individuals whose feet swell.
- The laces have just the right amount of stretch.
- It has zero memory flex
- The laces are reflective
- It would be beneficial if it came with more clips
- The clamps do fall off after some time.
2. AKTIVX Sports Laces
This lace accommodates the needs of several categories of people, especially runners. Once it is fixed in place, it saves you valuable time, because there is no cause to worry about ever tying laces. It is great for individuals recovering from foot injuries; such as plantar fascilitis. AKTIVX SPORTS LACES are made of top rate quality materials which conform to your feet for greater comfort and support, in contrast to regular nylon or cotton laces. They equally reduce pressure points on the edge of your foot, thus help you to feel better, and become more energetic throughout the day.
They contain a unique lace lock that is fast and simple to adjust, and a Non-Slip Lace Clip to guard your elastic shoelace ends from ever coming untied. With this shoelace, you will never have to tie your shoes again.
Cost and Value
They are a valuable product that works plain great. Therefore, it is worth the money. There is no doubt that this product does what it is supposed to do! The laces offer value, and save time for numerous families.
- It is water resistant
- It is tested and worked perfectly on the most well known shoe brands: Asics Running Shoes, Brooks Running Shoes, etc.
- The laces naturally take care of heel-slip
- It is great product for people with arthritis and kids with disabilities
- They are produced in several colors
- The end caps are reportedly snapped off easily
3. QI Laces
It’s an easy in and out lace for when you need to run. It is a first-rate running shoelace. This lace makes it great to be able to take your shoes on and off quickly without all the hassle of tying knots. Qi laces are so simple to tighten up for running as well, which certainly saves time. Without Qi laces, you never have to worry about shoelaces untying either. The Qi laces are easy to install and use, and are of good quality.
Although some customers found that the cinch stop for tightening the laces was poorly designed, and the The clip fastener that holds the ends together to be weak; they are easy to work with and are plenty durable.
The shoelaces are as expected, of excellent quality, and the price is right too. These laces are great and they worked very well. A good value for money.
- It is easy to install
- Easy to use
- It works exceptionally well for individuals that have arthritis in their hands
- These shoelaces work better than as predicted
- Could be larger
- The cinch stop for tightening the laces was poorly designed.
4. DB No Tie
There is no extra lace that would cause you to trip over, and the elastic material makes your feet feel less constricted.
These shoelaces are great invention. They are stretchy, durable, and strong. Stretchy silicone allows for a flexible fit thus providing a comfortable fit. The quality of elastic seems durable also.
The price is good considering the quality and convenience of the shoelace. It is great product worth each dollar spent in purchasing it.
- Instructions on how to install it are in multiple formats: videos, manuals, etc
- The no-tie shoelaces make your life easier and more suitable.
- It eliminates runner’s worry about strings
- It is easy to slip on and off
- The directions were easy to understand
- The no sense of restraint allows you to run at your best
- They are made in different in colors
- There are difficulties associated with getting the shoe lace into eyelets
5. Homar Laces
Comfort / Stability
The stretchy silicone allows for a flexible fit, thus providing a comfortable fit for any size of running shoe. It is so easy to wipe with clean cloth when they become wet and they will appear sparkling new again.
Durability / Quality
It stretches excellently and works very well. They are durable, amazing shoe laces.
Cost / Value
It's worth its cost and value. It is affordable for everybody who desires excellent shoe laces, and they are economical.
- It is waterproof, thus it cannot get wet in the rain or snow
- It is beneficial for individuals who had hard times getting their running shoes laced.
- They bear resemblance to “ real” laces
- They are flexible and fit into the laces holes easily.
- The side anchor can be irritating
- It is only designed to fit specific kinds of shoes.
Hickies Laces are made with an elastic memory fit material that conforms to your feet providing comfort and stability. They are one of the best complimentary accessories for sport and running shoes. Hickies are exceptionally good for a runners who dislike tying and untying with traditional laces. They are much easier to slip into and out of and they help prevent heel slippage.
Their unique material makes them durable in rough conditions, through beatings and are water resistant, unlike traditional laces which hold water in.
Cost or Value
Hickies worth the money spent on them if you want a fast, easy and convenient alternative to your out of the box shoe laces.
Seven different lacing techniques can be combined to make Hickies the perfect option for virtually any pair of shoes, especially running shoes. If you want to save time and effort these may be for you. If you don't mind your normal shoe laces then these may be a bit of a change you won't need. If curious, try them out, it won't hurt.
- Improves the Fit, Aesthetics and Usability
- They are very easy to install or lace into your shoes.
- They expand/stretch very well
- It may take time to get the ends into the shoe holes
- There are complaints of early breakage in rough situations
7. Lock Laces
LOCK LACES offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The thread on the lock makes it easy to adjust the laces evenly to a firm and equally comfortable fit. They are very easy to install!
With Lock laces you do not have worry about retying your shoelace. There has been not a single instance of slippage in over 200 miles of pavement pounding. That’s awesome.
Cost and Value
Lock Laces are incredibly affordable in most stores. In terms of running shoes and athletic equipment, the cost is negligible.
Lock Laces are practical. They totally eradicate the minor annoyance connected with having to stop retie ones running shoe lace that occurs when you're trying yo get out the door fast. They're worth investing in if you want to upgrade your ordinary shoe laces.
- The fastening system is better built and easy to adjust
- They are more elastic and adjust easily
- They last longer than the shoes!
- The plastic tip of the lock laces permit manipulation of the laces to any desirable sizes.
- The elasticity of the lace system results in needing to pull them together if they are to fit properly
- Some may consider them just strings, and not worth buying.