Newton BoCo AT
The Newton BoCo AT is a neutral trail running shoe. It was named after Boulder, Colorado and has a lightweight design that absorbs impact and can go on all types of terrain. The four-lug cushioning and multi-directional lug systems grip uneven terrain, smoothen the ride, and cushion landings.
Its closed mesh upper lets the air flow through and also keeps dirt and snow out of the shoe. For improved durability, the lacing system has reinforced eyelets and the vinyl ripstop helps prevent tearing. The toe bumper protects the wearer’s toes in cold weather and the ETC sockliner has anti-microbial properties to prevent odor and also gives a soft and smooth, sock-like feel. Locking down the foot are the vinyl overlays and the saddle that wraps around the midfoot and creates a snug fit.
The 3mm drop helps stabilize the foot. The Action/Reaction system uses a biomechanical sensor plate in order to smoothen transitions and propel the foot forward. The EVA foam provides a nice layer of cushioning and helps protect joints during landings. This shoe is also eco-friendly, as it uses recycled material in the outsole and upper. If you’re a neutral runner looking for a lightweight, all-weather, all-terrain daily running shoe with high energy return, read on to see if the BoCo AT is right for you.
- Water repellent and protects well against the snow/cold
- Breathable and comfortable upper with a roomy toe box
- Great traction and responsiveness
- Provides smooth transitions
- A few testers who normally experience pain in their feet when running noted that this shoe helped them a lot
- Many parts of the shoe are composed with recycled materials
- Some reviewers noted that the sizes run a half size small
- Not enough support to go over highly technical terrain
- Few stability features; not good for over-pronators
- A few testers had problems with durability in the midsole
- 4-lug system cushions landings, creates a smooth ride, and grips uneven terrain
- Closed mesh upper allows air flow and keeps dirt and snow out
- Toe bumper protects the toes in cold weather
- EVA foam cushions well and helps absorb shock
- Biomechanical sensor plate smoothens transitions and propels the foot forward with its Acton/Reaction system
- ETC sockliner has anti-microbial properties for a soft and odor-free fit
- Vinyl overlays add structure and lock the foot down, and vinyl ripstop adds extra durability by preventing tearing in the upper
- Lacing system has reinforced eyelets for durability
- 3mm drop helps stabilize the foot
- Laser-perforated synthetic suede saddle creates a snug fit around the midfoot