Skullcandy Hesh 3
If you are looking for a middle of the range and affordable pair of over the ear headphones that give you the option to connect wirelessly or wear them wired then you have come to the right place. The Skullcandy Hesh 3 headphones offer middle of the range sound quality which most customers do not notice. The sound can be a little bass heavy at times which can distort the sound a little but it is not overly bad. There are mixed reviews when it comes to the comfort level of these headphones, if you have a larger head or wear glasses then these may be slightly uncomfortable, but if not, customers love the cushioned earcups and the improved comfort level from the previous iterations of the same headphone. These are very affordable and have an amazing battery life that customers appreciate. If you are in the market for a budget-friendly pair of over the ear Bluetooth headphones, whether you are at the gym, in the office, or on a bus, then customers have recommended that you give these a try.
- Great battery life
- Fast charging
- Can be used wirelessly or wired
- Decent sound quality
- Noise reducing earpads
- Sleek design
- Not the most durable
- Does not come with accessories
- No remote on the audio cable
- These can easily be used wirelessly or with the included cable.
- These have a good battery life with an easy and quick charge.
- Without music these will muffle outside sound. With music playing, outside sounds won't interfere.
- The controls are simple to use and conveniently located.
- The design is comfortable with padding to minimize any pressure.
- The over-ear design allows airflow to prevent ears from getting too hot.
- The price is on point for most buyers. These are priced well below similar models on the market.
- These are quick to set up and pair via bluetooth.
- This version is slimmer than the Hesh 2.
- The sleek and foldable design make these easily portable.
- Most buyers are satisfied with the sound quality saying these can handle a variety of genres with good balance.
- These live up to most buyers' expectations of Skullcandy headphones.
- The bluetooth range is good.
- These have worked well for buyers who have used them for gaming, watching TV, and listening to podcasts.
- The built-in mic doesn't echo when used for gaming.
- There is minimal branding.
- The most common complaints are about the durability. There are many claims of pieces breaking off with minimal use.
- There is a lot of plastic used in this design which contributes to the questionable durability.
- The design is simple which some people like, but others feel is too plain.
- These do not come with a protective carrying case.
- Compared to other Hesh models, these do not feel as sturdy.
- There are a few reports of charging problems straight out of the box.
- The volume range is limited.
- If you are an audiophile, the sound quality may be disappointing.
- There are mixed reviews on the comfort. A few buyers claim the ear cups are too small to be comfortable.
- The hinges on the ear cups may creak when pressure is applied.
- There are a few reports of sound quality deteriorating within a year.
On the contrary, some customers have noted that the headband seems to feel a bit small and does not fit their head very well, making it feel uncomfortable. The comfort level seems to be directly related to the size of your head because if the headband does not fit well then they are going to be rather uncomfortable. Other reviewers have also mentioned that if you wear glasses the headphones can feel a bit uncomfortable, as the ear pads sit snuggly on your ears pressing the arm of your glasses into the side of your head.
Some customers have mentioned that after only a few months of use they would stop holding a charge so they could no longer wear them wirelessly. Yes, you could still wear them plugged in and they work great, but you lose that added benefit of being able to walk around untethered which customers do not appreciate.
Ease of Use
There are only three buttons that you will have to worry about using. They are located on the right earcup for easy access when you are wearing them. The top and bottom buttons control the volume, no need to worry about accessing your device to turn the volume up or down. The button in the middle has multiple functions. It is the power button and the one you will need to pair your headphones to your device. The button, if you double tap it, will activate your voice assistants (if your device has one available) such as Google Assistant or Siri.
If you do not want to connect your phone to your device via Bluetooth there is a 3.5 mm jack on the right earcup as well. It is as simple as plugging an AUX cord into the jack on the headphones and the other end into the headphone jack on your device. Charging these are simple as well. You simply plug them in via a micro USB cord.
The Skullcandy Hesh 3 headphones charge via a micro USB charger that comes in the package when you purchase them. They are easy to replace if you happen to lose or damage your cord, or if you simply want to have a backup charger. Customers have commented that they would have liked to have seen these take a USB-C charging cord, as a lot of the newer phones today are using this type of cord, so they do not have to worry about keeping track of both their phone cords and their headphone cords. That being said, it is not too much of an inconvenience and it has not deterred customers away from this product.
-Rapid charge feature that will give you an extra 4 hours of playback for only 10 minutes of charging
-Great wireless range
-Lightweight and compact
-Super easy to use with voice prompt to walk you through the connection process
-Can be worn wirelessly through a Bluetooth connection or wired