10 Best Colorful Running Shoes Reviewed
Do your feet demand colorful shoes? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Neon, rainbow, metallic, noir – current running shoes mix and swirl colors as never before. This list includes styles from wild to pacific and a great deal in between, so kick back and read all about the bright, colorful running shoes available for your next run!
- Adidas ZX Flux
- Welded TPU Upper
- Hoka One One Speedgoat
- SpeedFrame Construction
- Salomon XR Mission
- Road to Trail Design
1. Adidas ZX Flux
In this look-at-me runner, Adidas has taken liberties with its traditional tri-stripping, giving them the illusion of being woven into the uppers.
On the men’s side, the patters are pixelated and have a high tech appearance. The solids are very bright and even neon in some cases. Some runners report purchasing several pairs in different colors to coordinate with different clothing.
On the women’s side, the style is decidedly organic, featuring restful sunsets, ample verdure and needlepoint-like florals. If you want something more modest, there are blended, heathered hues or even black. In each case, for both men and women, the Adidas stripes are tinted to coordinate with the body of the shoe. Additionally, if you don’t find a pattern that appeals to you in the listed offerings, The ZX Flux is one of the styles available for customization on the Adidas site.
Runners find these very comfortable. The breathability and flexibility of both the uppers and soles make these easy to wear.
Good value especially for this much unusual fashion
- Bright, multicolor training shoes
- Both men’s and women’s models include milder color versions in case the more dramatic don’t appeal to you
- Substantial high-fashion offerings for both men and women
- Flexible, breathable and lightweight
- Some runners feel that this modes runs large by about half a size.
- Some runners think that fashion outweighs function in this shoe.
- The versions with white soles may be a challenge to keep white.
2. Hoka One One Speedgoat
No stranger to bright colors and style, the Speedgoat is an attractive shoe. Most models feature soles in orange often contrasting with neon green or neon yellow cushioning. For men, Hoka One One offers these no-nonsense trial shoes in variations on gray and black, with bright contrasting points. For women, this model features vibrant corals, lavenders and oranges, perhaps as cheerful encouragement as you conquer those trails. All Speedgoats include the Speedgoat logo in contrasting stitching, horns and all.
Not expensive for quality, trail shoes
- Great color offerings
- Excellent grip without weight
- Include exterior flex grooves for flexibility
- Vibram rubber soles
- Some runners feel these run small.
- Some runners find the toe box constricting.
3. Skechers Go Run Ride 5
The interesting pattern of triangles peeks from under the mesh overlay of the upper of the Go Run Ride 5. Both men’s and women’s models feature a dual design that incorporates the prominent color elements in contrasting patterns between the toe and mid-sold to heel area. Both incorporate reflective features integrated into the designs and have fast-looking elements added to the mid-sole that somewhat resemble flames.
Flexible upper with cushioned yet flexible sole render this a comfortable shoe.
Good, moderately priced shoe
- Vibrant, interesting color options
- Male shoe colors are more muted but still interesting and forceful.
- Breathable, well-cushioned
- Quick-fit heel loop
- Some runners feel this model runs narrow.
- Some runners find that the changes from the 4 make this feel harder underfoot.
4. Salomon XR Mission
Both men and women’s styles offer fashion-forward color varieties, though, as usual, the men’s shoes tend to embrace more conservatively colored. The women’s styling is bold, bright and cheerful – something to look forward to on the trails.
Well cushioned without being plush, the large toebox and supportive mid-sole make this a comfortable shoe, though the somewhat stiffer heel can be less than ideally comfortable.
Solid value for a trail shoe.
- Excellent trail traction
- Generous toebox
- Quicklace feature
- Some runners find the mid-sole inflexible.
- The bold colors do not appeal to some runners and seem juvenile rather than jovial.
5. Asics Gel Sendai 3
The striking, unique design feature of these shoes is the integration of the colors used in the upper into the sole cushioning is an almost tie-die manner. In the men’s shoes, this adds interest without flash. On the women’s side, this model is already flashy, so adding the color to the sole completes the design rather than contrasting it.
With comfort factors such as gel for cushioning, shock absorption with responsive cushioning that reacts with impact in accordance with your foot, and excellent, stretch uppers, these are comfortable shoes.
Toward the above average expensive end of the scale, but well worth it for all this style.
- Comfortable upper that stretches in all directions for a foot-molding fit
- Stay in place heel design prevents uncomfortable heel shifting
- Gel cushioning system and shock absorption
- Some runners observed unusually quick wearing in the outsole.
- They run a little heavy.
6. Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11
The men and women’s Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11s feature camo/graffiti elements that include the upper color scheme in the soles for a fun, lively design. On the men’s side, the shoes actually have bike, run and swim written on them for those of you who can’t keep the three elements of the triathlon straight.
Cushioned and breathable, these bright kicks are supportive and comfortable.
These are toward the expensive end of the spectrum and also include most of the colors of the rainbow.
- Happening color schemes
- Durable, light running shoe
- Breathable, responsive uppers
- Well-reviewed, easy on/easy off laces
- Some runners feel the toebox is a bit cramped.
- Some runners feel they run narrow.
- Not everyone appreciates the styling.
7. Brooks Ghost 8
The men’s version of this shoe incorporates reflective and bold, masculine colors; a good compromise for men who want sturdy running shoes with a little flare. The women’s version uses the same reflective touches with brighter colors.
The sole is designed to move with your foot through every phase of your gait, making this an excellent, comfortable training shoe. The moisture-wicking upper keeps the feet dryer for longer more comfortable runs and the seamless design also supports comfort.
Above average expensive for standard running shoes
- Reflective elements incorporated into the design
- Bright and attractive – no juvenile tones
- Comfortable and supportive
- On the expensive side
- Some runners found the mid-sole inflexible.
8. Nike Free RN Flyknit
The Flyknit looks like a sock with a running sole attached, though the patterns and colors Nike selects for those socks are generally brighter and more adventurous than most of us find in our sock drawers now. You can purchase safer options in gray, white and black, but the bold and bright hues placed the Flyknit on this list.
Built for minimalist comfort, this foot-conforming running shoe is intended to be worn sockless and many find the fit and cushioning very comfortable.
A bit expensive
- Very breathable
- Some runners feel it runs narrow.
- Some runners feel the knit uppers are not sufficiently durable.
9. Saucony Guide 8
In style terms, the Saucony Guide 8 looks interesting and serious on the men’s side, and colorful, feminine and bright on the women’s. Both the male and female designs offer interesting, complimentary sole colors. Though in no way conservative, there is a conventionality in the Guide 8 that may make it a good alternative for runners who like their style a bit more subdued.
From heel to toe, Saucony designed this to be a comfortable shoe. Some runners feel that the sole is a bit stiff or inflexible, but the toebox, heel cushioning and ankle collar are comfortable to wear.
On the expensive side for standard running shoes
- Attractive, colorful offerings with more conservative alternatives as well
- Comfortable, soft interior
- Supportive sole
- Some runners find the cushioning too firm.
- Some runners find the tongue moves when running.
- Some runners feel the shoe runs narrow.
10. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17
Some subtle stylistic elements that contribute to the appeal of this shoe are the reinforced aglets that have a Star Wars hint and the tongue that features the Brooks logo checkmark in a contrasting color. This is a stylish shoe that is very attractive without screaming “look at me”.
Seamless, breathable mesh uppers with reflective accents are the beginning of the comfort features, but Brooks designed a sole that, though feeling a little heavy to some runners, offers supportive comfort.
On the expensive side
- Attractive colors and shape
- Durable with good cushioning
- Some runners find the toebox a little tight.
- Some runners find the sole less flexible than anticipated.
- Extra eyelet on the top of the tongue is not a hit with all runners.
With this much choice in quality, colorful shoes, you may have difficulty selecting just the model for you. Don’t neglect to try on any you are considering to ensure proper fit and comfort.
Do you have colorful shoes that did not make our list? Tell us all about them and they might make it to the next list.