The Asics GT-3000 5 is a stability road running shoe. It was created to help guide over-pronators into a natural gait with smooth transitions, stabilizing the foot on long-distance runs. It provides nice cushioning while bouncing the foot back into the air. Its upper features stretchable fabric to reduce the risk of blisters and create a comfortable fit, as well as 3M reflective material for visibility in low-light conditions. The Guidance Line flex groove helps improve gait efficiency, the Impact Guidance System stabilizes and guides the foot during landings, and the Guidance Trusstic System stabilizes the midfoot in order to improve the wearer's gait. The Heel Clutching System adds support and comfort to the rearfoot, while the Fluidride 2.0 midsole keeps the weight low while adding cushioning, durability and responsiveness. The Duomax technologies used in the forefoot, midfoot and heel offer lightweight stability and support.
There are also Gel Cushioning Systems to absorb shock and improve transitions as well as a ComforDry Sockliner for moisture management and responsiveness. The Duosole and DuraSponge outsole add flexibility, durability, traction, and cushioning. New for this edition is Gender-Specific Cushioning so that the women's midsole has a lower density in its top layer for maximum compression. The American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) gave the Asics GT 3000 5 its Seal of Acceptance, so read on to find out why it is such a great distance shoe for over-pronators.
- Guidance Line, a vertical flex groove in the outsole and midsole, improves gait efficiency
- Fluidride 2.0 midsole provides lightweight durability, cushioning and responsiveness
- Impact Guidance System stabilizes the foot while encouraging natural performance
- Extended Dynamic Duomax stabilizes and supports the foot with a lower weight and increased support on the platform
- Duosole Outsole provides flexibility, durability and traction while keeping the weight low
- Guidance Trusstic System adds durability and stability to the midfoot while improving the gait
- Gel Technology Systems in both the rearfoot and forefoot absorb shock and improve transitions
- Heel Clutching System supports the heel while creating a more comfortable fit
- Forefoot Duomax stabilizes midfoot and late stage over-pronation
- Gender-Specific Cushioning: women's shoe midsole has a lower-density top layer for improved compression