10 Best Looking PUMA Sneakers Reviewed & Rated
As a shoe brand, PUMA is a popular choice for everyday wear. PUMA shoes are known for their style, from metallic looking leather to unique design elements. When it comes to making a decision about which pair shoes you’ll buy next, one of PUMA’s many options would look great in your shoe collection. Whether you need to replace your primary pair of sneakers or simply want to add another favorite pair to your wardrobe, everyone can use a solid pair of PUMA sneakers that stand out because of their style.
In addition, you’ll want a pair of PUMA sneakers that are comfortable. You’re less likely to wear shoes that are uncomfortable. The PUMA sneakers on this top ten list are not only the best looking shoes that PUMA offers, these styles are some of the most comfortable and feature-forward sneakers on the market. You can buy any one of these models knowing you’ve made a choice you’ll be able to wear for many years.
- Basket Holographic
- Retro & holographic design
- Suede Classic
- Variety of color options
- Roma Ano
- Eye-catching mirror finish
10 Best Looking PUMA Sneakers
1. Women's Basket Holographic
The Basket Holographic sneakers combine a retro design with a modern finish to create a unique look. The finishing on them makes these shoes semi-reflective which gives them a shiny, mirror-ish finish. Many other items like cars have used the same idea to add another dimension to how they look by changing the way that they bend light as you walk.
These shoes feature a retro basket design. The finish produces a mirror-like effect that bends light as you walk. The soles are flat with two types of treads for stronger grip on different floors.
The Basket Holographic Fashion Sneakers have a rubber sole with waffle and solid treads. They have asymmetrical lacing as well as foam overlays. These shoes are finished with synthetic leather.
These shoes make a statement in a bright and flashy way. If you need to complete a look that draws attention to your feet, and you enjoy brighter options, then these shoes will work well for that.
- Holographic finish provides a unique and constantly changing look as you move
- Retro design fits most fashion styles
- Multi-tread rubber soles provide effective traction on most surfaces
- Bright design may not appeal to all wearers
- Flat bottom may not be comfortable over the long term
- Rubber sole provides traction, but may not hold up to harsher surface materials like gravel of road pavement
2. Women's Suede Classic
These shoes are low-tops with a slightly extended top and tongue. They have a retro design that is both comfortable and stylish in the way that you would expect from PUMA. There are 14 color options to choose from, which gives you a wide range of ways to change your look.
The Suede Classic Sneakers have the classic PUMA foamstrip overlays and gold lettering. A suede upper in different styles combined with textured sole sidewalls that create a deeper, more sophisticated look. The tongue and collar are padded for better comfort.
This shoe is available in 14 color options. The upper is made of suede while the sole is made of textured rubber. The overall size measures as a slightly elongated low-top. The overall design is retro with some modern influences for added performance.
An exceptional option for completing a wide range of ensembles with customizable color options. The wide array of colors to choose from makes it possible to complete a wardrobe with multiple well-chosen pairs. The overall look of these sneakers makes a statement without being overly flashy or inappropriate in different situations.
- Subdued retro styling fits into most fashion styles
- Extremely wide range of color options
- Subtle style choices including lettering add depth to the design
- Suede upper can be difficult to clean
- White textured rubber sidewalls a prone to collecting dirt and difficult to clean
- Padded tongue may change the overall fit and add pressure to ankles
3. Men's Roma Ano
These flashy sneakers have a semi-reflective finish that bounces light off and makes them shiny. It adds a new level of visual depth without being too shiny or bright. They have a semi-athletic style, with padding and athletic treading.
The Roma Ano sneakers use a rarely seen design from 1968, making it hard to find another sneaker like them. There are three color options available that utilize the semi-mirror finish. These shoes also have orthopedic arch supports and athletic treading for increased performance and comfort.
They are available in sizes up to 13. The sole is made of rubber with an angular athletic tread pattern that provides good traction on most surfaces. They are low tops with padding in the tongue and collar.
These shoes are best at creating a unique look with a rare design. The biggest value point is that the design has not been revived since 1968 when it originally came out. As a result, you will likely be the only person around you that has those shoes or anything similar.
- Limited use design makes these unique
- Mirror finish is subdued by eye-catching
- Athletic supports greatly improve comfort
- Retro athletic design may not be supportive enough for some runners
- Limited availability will prevent you from wanting to use these for athletic purposes
- Color options may not appear to some wearers
4. Men's Tsugi Shinsei
It is available in four retro color and style options. The upper is made of a combination of textiles and fabric for a built up athletic wear look.
The Tsugi Shinsei sneakers have the Ignite sole which rebounds some of the energy from your step to help you push off harder. Combined with ample padding for support, you can take more efficient steps that use less energy.
These sneakers are low-tops. They are available in sizes up to size 14. The sole is mostly rubber, and the upper is textiles and fabric.
In terms of value, these shoes work great as performance activewear. The Ignite sole is particularly effective in improving your endurance and performance. A wide rubber sole with pyramid treading also helps your performance greatly, making this a good athletic option.
- Integrated athletic features make these a good performance shoe
- Reinforced upper helps you keep your balance more effectively
- Wider sole is more comfortable for athletics
- Ignite sole design takes some getting used to
- Wider sole is not as comfortable for normal wear
- Reinforced design is heavier than expected
5. G. Vilas 2
These shoes have an aerated leather upper and ventilated side panels which give it an athletic but stylish look. Combined with a curved athletic sole, they create a balance between casual style and athletic styles for a different look. There are multiple color options as well so that you can pick one that fits your style.
Breathable leather and ventilated sides add increased stability in these shoes as they are more resistant to flexing in different directions too far. The curved rubber sole improves your range of motion since your foot is not forced to stay flat on the ground throughout your stride.
The PUMA G. Vilas 2 is made of leather, rubber, and various other synthetic materials for added performance. They are low-tops with a medium sole with for better overall balance when playing tennis. The upper is ventilated so that your feet will not overheat under the leather.
The G. Villas 2 sneakers provide the best combination of casual fashion wear and athletic wear. They have features that make them a strong performance shoe while having the added value of being a highly fashionable option. The added athletic support also makes them comfortable for long periods of time.
- Highly stylish design makes them great for casual wear
- Performance features make them great for tennis and similar sports
- Material choices are highly durable if treated properly
- Leather upper is prone to scratch damage from sharp objects
- Leather upper may not provide as much ventilation as you would like
- Can be costly for an athletic shoe
6. Men's Suede Classic
Suede Classic sneakers are low-tops with the classic style that you think of when you think of PUMA, Converse, and Vans. The flat rubber sole topped with a suede upper creates a fashion choice the never goes out of style. They fit nearly any style, but pair especially well with suede and jean apparel.
These shoes have a suede upper, thin suede tooling, and a thick rubber sole. The lettering on the sides and the PUMA logo on the tongue stand out. These shoes also have the classic foamstrip logo on the sides.
They are made of suede and rubber. The lettering and logos are made of foam and expertly stitched to the upper. The laces match the color of the upper as well.
A great general alternative for men to wear every day. The thick soles offer comfort, and the ability to choose from a wide range of colors makes it easy to fit them into any fashion style.
- Classic PUMA design is iconic
- Thick rubber soles offer added comfort
- Suede upper has a rich texture and look that elevates any style choice
- Suede is difficult to care for effectively
- White soles easily scuff or discolor over extended use without proper care
- Texture on bottoms may not offer the most effective support on some floors
7. Men's Basket Classic LFS
This PUMA sneaker embodies much of the classic style of the 1970’s with simple, yet sophisticated style choices. It is available in black, white, and combination color options for maximum versatility.
The PUMA Men's Basket Classic LFS Fashion Sneaker has a leather upper with leather and foamstrip accents. It also has the classic rubber sidewall and sole designs for comfort and style. The tongue logo features the alternative green and black design found on some PUMA options.
This shoe is a low-top with a short tongue and wide collar for maximum comfort and ankle flex. Upper side panel ventilation improves breathability. Much of the design follows the same design as other suede options.
These shoes serve best as a leather alternative to some of the suede PUMA options. It has much of the same stylings and features that the suede options have but has the improved durability and style of leather.
- Leather increases durability
- Leather on leather construction is easier to clean than suede
- Mostly leather construction increases the perceived style quality for more formal events
- Leather can be easily damaged by sharp surfaces
- Proper leather cleaning methods are mandatory to maintain the color
- Maintaining clean white coloring can be difficult
8. Women's Basket Classic LFS
The PUMA Women's Basket Classic provides a higher quality alternative to other PUMA options through the use of a mostly leather construction. It has the look of a basketball warm up shoe, and was commonly seen in the hip hop community of the 1970’s.
This shoe has an all leather upper with foamstrip accents. An all black and all white and cream options make this shoe very versatile. It has a significant amount of padding which makes the comfortable for long periods of time.
The Basket Classic sneakers are available in sizes up to 11. They are made mostly of leather and have thick rubber soles. The padding and liner on the inside features the PUMA logo.
These shoes offer the best value as an everyday lifestyle sneaker. They are comfortable and fashionable in a way that many people will enjoy. They are also relatively easier to care for over the suede PUMA options.
- Leather upper is durable if cared for properly
- Thick rubber soles add comfort
- Color and style choices make them a great option for everyday use, especially for basketball lifestyle enthusiasts
- Leather can be easily damaged by sharp objects
- Flat sole construction may not be conducive to athletics
- Keeping the white version clean can be difficult
9. Women's Basket Platform Core
The PUMA Basket Platform Core sneakers are low-cut basketball shoes with a high outsole. Unlike other PUMA’s, this outsole is oversized compared to the upper for a protruding and bulkier look. They are a strong combination of a fashionable choice and functional elements.
These sneakers have a leather upper with an oversized rubber sole. Gold lettering is used to create the logos. Basketball fashion choices are great for anyone that enjoys that lifestyle fashion.
This shoe is available in sizes up to 11.5. The upper is made of leather while the cole is rubber. There are four color combinations available including two white and two black with a white or brown outsole color.
These shoes offer a strong alternative or addition to a collection of fashion lifestyle shoes. They are comfortable over long periods while providing a different aesthetical choice. If you are into the basketball fashion lifestyle, then these shoes will fit well into your collection.
- Fashion choices offer an alternative to other styles
- Oversized outsole is different from many other options
- Leather construction and stitching makes these shoes durable
- Oversized outsole may not appeal to many wearers
- Leather can be difficult to care for
- Pricing is expensive compared to other options
10. Women's x Fenty Cracked Creeper
The PUMA x Fenty Cracked Creeper Sneakers are available in a black on white color option. The oversized soles have a unique wave pattern on the sidewalls. The shoe is mostly white except for a black foamstrip and heel cap. The logo uses a contrast design to change its color depending on the angle that you see it at.
These PYUMA sneakers feature an all white design with black highlights and a contrast logo. Different materials are used including patent leather and cowhide to build a shoe with a unique texture and look.
The x Fenty Cracker Creeper Sneakers are made of patent leather for the upper and rubber for the soles. They are available in sizes up to 10. They have a tonal lace-up enclosure as well.
These shoes are certainly an impressive fashion statement. While you may not want to wear them all of the time, they are a great option for when you need something fancier than normal. For the price, they stay firmly in the high fashion section and are best for limited use when appropriate.
- Unique design and branding make these a high fashion item
- Sturdy construction will last a long time
- Good option for more formal, but not fully formal events
- The price is higher than most people will want to pay
- Sturdy construction makes them excessively heavy
- Sizes run slightly large
The Criteria We Used to Find the Best Looking PUMA Sneakers
Because of the large number of PUMA sneaker styles released each year, we needed criteria to evaluate which ones were the best. We relied heavily on industry publications and customer reviews to understand how real people loved their shoes. We also considered each style’s style, features, specs, and value.
This buying guide focused on style. We wanted to evaluate each pair of PUMA sneakers on how it looked. We looked at decorative elements and its color.
Although we prioritized how each pair of PUMA sneakers looked, we also considered its features. This included anything that was intentionally added for comfort or style.
Specs refer to the construction of the PUMA sneaker. We evaluated what the sneakers were made of. Some materials, such as leather, last longer than others.
The value of each shoe was considered in relation to its style, availability, and price compared to other PUMA shoes. Since price can be a deciding factor in what shoes we buy, this is perhaps one of the most important metrics to consider.
Other Important Factors to Consider
When you are buying a new pair of sneakers, there are many things to consider, especially online. This includes the value, features, and other key metrics. However, you’ll also want to consider return policies and shipping.
Sometimes even when you try on shoes in a brick and mortar retailer, you discover only after trying on the shoes at home that they are uncomfortable. If you buy a pair of PUMA shoes online, you may only later find out that you need the next size. Carefully consider the retailer’s return policy to know if you’ll be able to return the shoes if for some reason you don’t want them.
If you shop from an online retailer, you may have to add the cost of shipping to the total cost of your purchase. Because sneakers can be bulkier items to ship, sneakers may not be eligible for free shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are PUMA sneakers running shoes?
A: It depends. PUMA makes both running shoes and sneakers for everyday casual wear. You’ll need to check to see if the shoe you want is a running shoe.
Q: Which shoes are best for pronation?
A: In general, these PUMA sneakers offer little additional support for pronation, as they are not necessarily running shoes. Most of these shoes are preferred for neutral strides.
Q: Do PUMA shoes offer great support?
A: Most of the PUMA sneakers on this list are for appearance, not for support. While many of them offer some degree of cushioning and support, you would choose one of these models for casual wear.
Q: Can PUMA shoes accommodate orthopedic inserts?
A: Many of PUMA’s sneakers can accommodate orthopedic inserts, though you may have to take out the existing sole pad.
Q: How do I buy sneakers if my feet are different sizes?
A: It depends on your feet. If your feet are a half or a full size off, you can buy the shoe to accommodate the larger size. You can tighten the laces and add a special heel insert to improve fit for the smaller foot.
However, if your feet are more than a size apart, it is worth investing in two separate pairs so you can have shoes that fit correctly. Wearing shoes that are too big has its own problems, such as shoes that fall off when you walk.
Q: How many pairs of shoes do I need?
A: This is a personal question. At the bare minimum, you need a pair of shoes to wear daily and for exercising. If you’re an avid runner or like to match your clothes to your outfits, having several pairs is ideal. Your only limit to the number of shoes you own is your budget and your closet size.
- How PUMA is Changing the Sneaker Landscape for 2017, Complex.com, Nov 23, 2016 ,
- The Best Sneakers for Men, Men's Health, Oct 12, 2017 ,
- The 20 best sneaker designs of all time, Blog, Mar 10, 2017 ,
- Best 10 Casual Puma Shoes for Men, Blog, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- 72 best Puma sneakers (January 2018), Blog, Jan 13, 2018 ,
- Women Lifestyle, Company Website, Jan 13, 2018 ,