La Sportiva TX3
The La Sportiva TX3 approach shoes are an amazing mix of a trail runner and a hiking boot. You get the best of both worlds when it comes to these great shoes. You do not have to worry about your shoes taking a beating when going on long hikes or runs in the woods, as these are going to last you a whole lot longer than your traditional trail running shoe. The stability is fantastic too, customers state that with these shoes you get great underfoot protection and superior stability, similar to what is offered from hiking boots. The beauty is that these shoes have a roomy toe box for comfort, but they also have amazing, solid toe protection, just in case you are one of the many runners who tend to hit every rock, branch, or root on the trail. Customers praise the outsole and the grippy rubber on the bottoms of the La Sportiva TX3’s, stating that they do not have to worry about their feet slipping out from underneath them when they are walking or running on wet surfaces. The soft rubber is going to hold on to just about any surface so you can rest easy and focus on the world around you. The one downfall to having such an amazing outsole is that they are going to wear down faster than the rest of the shoe. You should keep in mind that they have such good traction due to the soft rubber on the bottom, so it is going to wear down rather quickly. Customers commented, however, that it is a good trade-off to have a shoe that is so grippy.
- Great underfoot protection
- Awesome stability
- Solid toe protection
- Super comfortable
- Great grip for fantastic traction on wet and dry surfaces
- Roomy toe box for added comfort
- The fit is true to size
- Relatively lightweight for a hiking shoe
- Outsole will wear down faster than the rest of the shoe
- The laces are shorter than some people prefer, making it harder to double knot
- This is an all around perfect shoe. They are fit and light and breathe well. The lacing system is great and looks in good. I love that the toes are wide and accommodating without being swimm. The rubber protection is amazing They run a bit wide and large. I love the airy mesh part. I was able to do all types of climbing in these with no issue. Best hikers on the market.
- Incredible! I have never had a better hiking and climbing shoe. They have the best cushioning in a climber I have ever felt. The colors are great. The traction and grip is phenomena. I am over the top with these. Best shoes EVER!
- I am used to the Raptors, these are well beyond them. They are so good. They offer me more stamina and they are so durable. They have a n amazing grip t them and give me lots of confidence. Knocked it outta the range with these Sportiva.
- These are less bulky than my old Boulders. They are the best hiking shoes I have ever owned. They heel support is very noticeable and they hug my feet right, I never get cramping or blisters with these. The grip is the best I have ever felt as well. The soles seem good so far.
- I have had these a year and they are still great. They have great support and all over comfort. They flex great without feeling loose or damaged. These don't run as well as some but the climbing factor is like no other. I think the soles might wear faster than you want but I don't care. The mesh upper is so airy. Great shoe and I highly recommend.
- I'm a Salomon wearer usually. However, these blew me away with there rigid wear and their epic comfort. They are some of the purest climbers I have ever had and they grip like no other. They breathe great with the meshy upper area. The toe box is so roomy and the foot doesn't slide into the front on the down slope. The strap system is genius on the T2 wish they carried that over.
- I loved hiking but never really looked into shoes until I got some bruises and pain recently. I found these and Now I know the error of my ways. tHese shoes are a dream and fit with security, grip and comfort I have never felt before. I am blown away. So happy with them If you hike and climb I would suggest getting these.
- I had some Granadas but wanted lighter so I got these. They are AMAZING! OMG! The heel sits so secure and locks in for extra security The comfort is ureal. The wider toe box is fresh feeling nd they breathe really well. They were a size too big so make sure to try and size yourself.
- I have never found a more light and comfortable hiking and climbing shoe. I mean It is magical I am able to pound through those rock slabs perfectly. I feel so secure and comfortable in these. I am able to pack in the gear with these with no issues. They do not slip at all. Love this secure shoe.
- I just climbed the peaks in Yosemite with these and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this shoe. My feet are so happy and I had no issues. The rubber is so sticky and I have never felt so secure in a shoe Man are they great.
- These were dope right out of the box. They had great sticky soles and worked in sand. They fit perfect to size for me. The mesh breathes well but limits the sand coming in to my surprise I have done a lot of climbing in these and they are so durable. The toes in these are thick so be safe on SUPER steep hills but they are extreme and feel amazing.
- I climb a lot and cary close to 5olbs and weight around 150 and these are so amazing. They are a sticky extension to my feet. Best part of climbing gear I have. I cannot drive my car in them though. Go figure.
- These are pure heaven. God himself made these. They fit, feel and secure great. They do not slip and are really roomy. I am surprised how light they are as well.
- These fit like sneakers with attitude. Climb a mountain? Sure. Hike a muddy trail? Sure. I mean, there isn't much they cannot do and I feel so confident in them. They are some of the best performing climbers I have ever had. They also look great
- Super sticky shoe! They are all over comfort and support for hiking needs. One of the best things to happen to my hiking career ever! Super grip in ice, snow and rock!
- I went to the Red Rocks for 3 days in these and they are beasts. They do not need breaking in. The rubber bottoms do not feel stiff or painful. They grip like glue and fit like a glove. Perfect shoe for hiking and climbing. Going to buy many more of these.
- These have went far beyond my expectations. These are great for my work and my hiking addiction. They grip and glide all in one. These are the best shoes I have ever owned.
- Pure comfort. They grip really well and I have put so many miles on these and they are going strong The laces lock in and my feet feel so secure.
- These are so much more rugged than the TX2 but lighter than the 4s they breathe great and grip amazing These have to be the perfect climbing shoe. I am super satisfied and highly recommend.
- These are exceptional climbing shoes. The rubber is superb and the comfort is amazing. The are open wide in the toes. They lace and lock great with many different variations for personal comfort. I am looking into buying 2 more pair for the future.
- This shoe is for high level climbing bt is made to also be used for hiking and running. The upper is not a good draining shoe but it breathes well and keeps the dirt out They are extremely durable and the design is original and works so dang good. Perfect shoe in my opinion.
- These are made for tough terrain. These are not an average shoe and should be worn as such. I mean these are top notch and for serious climbers. It handles everything I throw at it and I feel super secure and comfortable in them.
- They stick well and feel really secure. The heel loops make for easy slide on. The mesh upper breathes really well but keeps the dirt out well. They are extra durable. The lacing locks tight and doesn't slip around.
- I suggest checking sizes they aren't on point. They aren't as durable as leather shoes and they lock system eats the laces.
-Vibram Megagrip outsole for amazing traction on wet or dry surfaces
-Great for many activities, especially mixed mountain terrains
-STB Control System for comfort and stability
-A sturdy and protective toe box so you do not injure yourself if you kick rocks, roots, or stumps