La Sportiva TX4
La Sportiva was founded in the 1920’s in Italy. Originally the company focused on manufacturing boots for farmers and lumberjacks. During the second world war, however, the founder provided the soldiers of Italy with custom-made mountaineering boots and that’s where the brand began to take form. After World War II, the company began to manufacture ski boots and then finally branded themselves as the La Sportiva we know today. Today the company provides footwear all over the world for all sorts of outdoor adventures like mountain climbing, skiing, and hiking, just to name a few.
Today we’re going to take a look at the La Sportiva TX4. The TX4 is considered to be an approach shoe. This is a type of hybrid footwear that combines characteristics of hiking boots and climbing shoes. This type of footwear typically performs really well for rock scrambling and traversing various types of terrain on your way to a climb, but can perform just as well as a replacement for a hiking boot. The TX4 has been widely-praised for the features it offers climbers and hikers alike so let’s take a deeper dive and see if the shoe is everything it’s cracked up to be.
-Excellent quality leather
-Sole is sticky
-Provides a lot of control while scrambling
-Heavy and bulky
-Break-in period can be lengthy
-Wider forefoot (maybe a ‘pro’ depending on your foot shape)
-Not waterproof unless you buy the Gore-Tex version
- These are by far the best hiking accessory I have ever bought. They are comfortable up and down hills and never have given me any pinched toes.
- The soles on these are powerhouses, so sticky. They are very light and the style actually looks pretty decent. The sole is incredible and prevents you from sliding out very well. The protective rubber is great. Everything is pretty great. I am going say the cushioning is bit less than average. But hey, you ain’t going fall and your feet ain’t going to hurt!
- Very good support and the shoe looks great. I am very happy with these.
- I was shocked that the sole was that sticky. These are some of the best hikers on the market, no argument.
- These are the stickiest and are really perfect for climbing boulders and climbing steep rock. The support is awesome and they are snug so I do not slide into the front of my shoe it is more like it is art of my foot. They have just the right amount of cushioning as well. Perfect shoe.
- These are like reinforced tennis shoes. I wear them to work and hiking. They are so comfortable and feel like they were made for my feet.
- These should be bought at a half size larger, they fit snug. They are an all over solid shoe and have some mean grip.
- These were exceptionally stable when crossing snow banks. the y feel amazing and hold firm to the ground he running too in these rugged environments. They have the support of a tennis shoe.
- These are like nothing l have seen. These are a great combination of shoe and hiker. They are so sticky and so comfortable and supportive ,it is unreal. These are great for light mountain hiking and amazing for all terrain rugged running or rock scrambling. They shed water ell and the waterproofing on the bottom is just right for standing in puddles. They really last a while even though they have that super sticky rubber on them. Great designed shoe.
- The toe box is lo and they are a bit hard to size. The shoe is a good quality though. They lace and lock well and seem extra supportive for a all terrain type hiking shoe. I am happy I bought them.
- The stability and traction are so good and the support feels great. They are made to take on a lot and hold you firm to the ground and they really pull through. I like them a bit bigger so I order them larger than I would normally.
- These are stiff in the beginning due to the rubber sole protection for waterproofing. However, these are so nice and comfortable. They really can be used for just about anything with all the support they have on the inside.
- These are more rugged than the TX3. They are made to be more durable, being made with leather and the waterproof layer on the sole. They are over supportive I find, which may not be an issue for most. These are for really serious climbers I feel.
- This is a real nice shoe with stellar durability. The fit is perfect and are super stable for some real rugged terrain. I hate that they are made in China though.
- These are epic in the tread department. I am able to glide over scrambles and climb without any slippage at all. The material is so durable and fits great. I would highly recommend these to any level hiker/climber, they are epic!
- These are almost exactly like the TX3 . However, The TX is leather on the upper areas. It has a wider toe area with a lower profile to it. I would say one of the top shoes for Sportiva.
- These have become my most favorite shoes ever. I have taken these on some serious slopes and they do not fail. They have some serious gip and the material is so good, no need for worries. I feel so secure in them.
- These are so rugged yet feel like I am walking with clouds on my feet. They are incredible and have serious arch support and stability. These are the best hiking shoes I have ever owned. The midsole support is dreamy too.
- These are top in support when it comes to hiking shoes. They have a serious beefy sole that seems a little stiff at first but gets in in when hiking. You will not have to worry about these shoes when using tem. They are seriously professional and hold up to above the standard.
- The grip on these is dope. It wraps around the whole sole and has a gore tex lining to keep the water out. Brilliantly made and really excels in crevices and steep scrambles. This is a very, very excellent and supportive shoe.
- I wore these around work a bit to try and break them in. I mean, they are pretty cozy but I would not trust the stability on any sort of trails. They seem to be less than average for rugged terrain. I am not really getting the reviews on here.
- I have only had these for 4 hikes and they are coming apart. The back is all glued on and is not durable at all. They also ripped open after hitting a rock. It just ripped it and it split open. These couldn't hold up in a pillow fight, I am sorry to say.
-Full-wrap rubber rand
-Lacing system provides a customizable fit
-Leather upper for added comfort and durability
-Mesh lining in the midsole for breathability
-Vibram MegaGrip outsole