Salomon Speedcross Vario
The Speedcross is one of Salomon’s most popular and well-respected lines. This shoe is worn by some of the best trail runners in the world like Kilian Jornet and Anna Frost. There is a slew of reasons why the pros rely on this shoe to carry them to victory. When Salomon designed a new model to add to the Speedcross line, they knew they had to ensure that runners would get all of the elements they loved in previous Speedcross models with a few carefully selected additions. The Speedcross Vario is a versatile shoe that has the signature grip of the shoe line with a redesigned upper that keeps debris out. The breathability afforded by this shoe allows air to flow freely to the foot. The outsole of this shoe can handle the tough terrain of the trails but is also versatile enough to be used as an everyday wear shoe or for runs on pavement. Runners love the addition of thoughtful protective elements that keep the runner safe whether they are running on the roads or the trails. The sneaker is a unisex shoe that comes in a wide variety of colors and provides the runner with superior durability and protection at a cost that is lower than the average trail running shoe on the market today. The look is rugged and has a design that lets others known that you are a serious trail runner. Overall, this shoe is a durable trail running shoe that reliably takes runners through speedy races and workouts.
- Can tackle roads or trails
- Great traction
- Only two color options
- Runs a half size small
- Comfortably fits my feet and great for any type of endurance, good footing on trail surfaces, not had any issues on this. I find the traction and balance work well together, really happy with the removable insole much quicker to dry it out, love the durability in these shoes.
- These ran a bit larger than the shoe I had before but wearable, I like the quality materials as they all play a function, the sole does give very good traction whenI'm out, even on trails covered in pine needles, balance is right and the shoe has a good amount of breathability, not bad at all.
- I love the sure-footed feeling from these, dry out time is ok, the grip is reliable, I run a lot of dry mussy routes, the shoelaces system is better than the bungee style lace up, this is my second pair, very good shoe for all trails.
- Got these just for the trails around my area, the sole gives the type of grip which lets you know your not going to slip, as for support these are fine for all activities while the comfort level is consistent, I don’t like the rubber heel and toe area but it does keep out the wet. Maybe they should have used gore-tex.
- I bought two pairs and I am happy that I did, my feet are a bit different in size so I often get problems with sizing but not from these, they fit just about right so I can feel the support and not worry while I focus on running. To sum up, these are a dream.
- I’m not a trail runner, I got these shoes because I had a knee operation and I needed shoes which would give me stable support and comfort, I made the right choice, not too much cushion especially good for me is these give the exact level of arch support that I must have. No pain and a great pair of comfy supportive shoes
- Usually, shoes are tight on me as my feet are longer than usual, I got these in a size bigger and this worked out, I don’t want a lot of cushions it’s more about arch support for my long feet and the design of the shoe arch is perfect. Very balanced shoe, love it.
- I’ve found these to be the best trail shoes around at the moment, super for lightness, amazing traction, the best comfort and the sizing was so perfect, breaking in time was a breeze and I use these four times a week for trails and totally satisfied.
- Love these shoes totally, they give a full on perfect fit, even when I’m not wearing socks. They are light on my feet, tons of breathability, the cushion is good for roads and trails, even good for taking long trail walks, and I even wear these when I travel.
- Great for everyday stuff and trails, nice short runs, the shoe gives me the flex I prefer but still ok for support, when out on the trails this tread grips all the time, I feel lucky to have found these.
- When I got these, I tried them out and they are perfectly good for trails, nice fit, very snug, the whole shoe is top quality, sized up by a half to get the right fit for my feet.
- Like these, my local trails are rocky but wet or bone dry I find the grip to be good, if the shoe gets too wet I do get friction issues but dry out for the shoe is reasonably quick. Will stick with this brand. I’m a supinator and these are great.
- I run rocky trails and I find the protection could be better, not impressed with the standard style lace up system at all, going downhill I have to stop and adjust the lace tightness, the same problem going up. Apart from these points, the shoe is good for support, comfort etc.
- These were pricey for what they give, I think the shoe is ordinary, much the same as other shoes I had for trails but the price is very high. For me the toe box is narrow and uncomfortable, especially going downhill on a trail. Lateral support is not set right, my feet slide off center and gives me problems, thumbs down, just a few stars.
- Shortly after breaking in the shoe it began to fall apart and this is not good when considering it should be a durable trail shoe. Toebox gives problems when I run down on a trail and the lace system does not hold well when tension from slopes is applied to the shoe structure.
- I found the shoes to fit too narrow on my feet, gave it some shoe break-in time because in the past with other shoes giving this issue, they stretched to fit but these don’t, I can run in these but the narrowness feels restrictive and gives me foot ache.
- The shoe feels too stiff and lacks the level of flexibility needed for the trail surfaces which I use, waited a month to see if breaking in the shoe would put this right but the shoe is still too stiff for me. Not to happy with the lace system, lots of stopping and adjusting.
- Arrow-shaped multidirectional lugs protect the runner on slippery terrain
- Contagrip runner provides durability and slip-resistance
- EndoFit upper molds to the shape of the foot and provides a customizable comfort
- Traditional EVA midsole absorbs shock from each footfall
- Mudguard around outsole protects the runner from mud build up